Dame all but demanding vet roster

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mediocre Man, Apr 13, 2023.

1. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to let you know but you won't be making those decisions. I think the team has extremely high value put on Shaedon, so unless we're getting an MVP candidate back, I don't think you'll see him move. I think the team understands that not only will Wemby make an impact if healthy next season but he's a generational talent... so you don't have to worry about us trading the number one pick. I think if we aren't at number one that pick is as good as gone if they can put it in a package to get an all star that fills a need on this roster. Those are all assumptions I'm making but it doesn't matter what any of us want, they're going to do what they're going to do.

I don't want Dame traded but if Joe feels like no GMs out there are giving him fair value for our draft assets then I think Dame will get traded.

2. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

:smiley-195517897341
    Get real . He was asked, and he answered. The Blazers need to go out and take hold of the flame. They got nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Don't tell me , oooh they're gonna sacrifice the future. What a future filled with One & Doners, who if they actually turn out to be good, leave Portland in the dust for the bright lights. Let it play out.

3. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company

Teams can only low ball if there isn’t other teams interested in trading for him. They’ll be plenty of teams wanting Dame and I don’t believe there’s much that can reduce his trade value. We will get a kings ransom for him assuming we don’t cave to let him playing for certain team, again I’d get a list of teams he wants to play for and then reach out to each and then take best deal. Win win situation for both Dame and Blazers

blazerkor likes this.
  4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

He's going on shows with Stephen A :lol:

This isn't a post-game presser where he's answering questions. Homie is out there talking to the media.

TBpup likes this.
  5. 1 Eye Jack

You mean I’m not the GM well shit…lol. Of course I’m not making the decision, my point is if we get 2nd or 3rd pick I wouldn’t trade that pick unless it’s borderline superstar, same goes for Sharpe.

TBpup and blazerkor like this.
  6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I would want a borderline superstar if we're trading a package that includes the pick if it's pick two or three... hell even if it's pick four. I would want a superstar if any package included Shae because he's going to be a superstar.

7. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    Shae cannot go anywhere short of Giannis.

8. 1 Eye Jack

If Wemby wasn’t number one everyone would be just as excited about this kid Scoot and wouldn’t want to trade him away. Legit think he’s combination Dwade/BRoy. Pair him with Sharpe and you have backcourt that in 2-3 years will be envy of NBA teams.

TBpup likes this.
  9. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

Agreed. No Brown, yes to Siakam

10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I think you're really exaggerating the impact of what Dame is saying to media

it's not like NBA front offices don't know that Cronin is on the clock. Cronin himself has been essentially saying the same thing as Dame

I think this season brought it home to Dame just how badly Olshey fucked up the roster as well as Portland's ability to get better. And after all the years of Dame essentially implying he's in Portland for the duration, Dame has realized that the chances of the Blazers building a contender with the assets they have, right now, is slim. So he's probably laying the groundwork for flip-flopping on all those years of ''next-year-will be-better" failure by the Blazer front office and Dame's never-ending patience

so yeah, this season following the tank of last season that followed Dame averaging 34 & 10 against Denver in the playoffs. The ice has worn extremely thin

as far as his trade value, after all this time if Portland starts shopping Dame the offers they get will reflect Dame telling the Blazers enough. No team would give Portland an extra draft pick if Dame hadn't talked to Haynes. It will be what it will be. And I think Portland has always been destined for a crappy return if they trade Dame

11. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    If Wemby wasn't in this Draft, the hype around Scoot would be insane!

1 Eye Jack likes this.
  12. Natebishop3

I guess we just disagree about this.

There's a massive difference between people privately knowing that Dame has expectations for this team, and Dame publicly going around and making it known to the world.

If someone is unhappy in their marriage, and people know they're unhappy, that's one thing.... but if they're out flirting with other chicks and telling people publicly that they're unhappy in their marriage, you would assume that they're a lot closer to divorce, no? Some people live with unhappiness for a while privately. Once they start openly voicing that displeasure, that's a red flag. I believe the popular phrase is: delete facebook, hit the gym, lawyer up....

13. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    We can’t trade the 1 or 2 pick. I’ve said it before and got crucified on this board for it but as much as I love Dame when you pair Sharpe with a top pick in this draft and a HAUL in a Lillard trade it’s an easy decision. We are primed for a reset where we will actually have multiple young talented players to grow together.

Galakelife, TBpup and Natebishop3 like this.
  14. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    If he's that good then they should trade Dame AND Ant away to pair with Shae.

1 Eye Jack and Natebishop3 like this.
  15. Natebishop3

Does Scoot and Sharpe vibe well together?

16. LayneStaley

Badass
    If we trade Sharpe for some borderline all star vet that turns us into a 5-6 seed and 1-2 round exit for the next 3 years while Sharpe becomes a mega star I think that will be the straw for me. I understood it with JO back in the day cause our team was loaded, this one is not! We need TWO other all stars to compete for a chip. There is no way Cronin acquires that.

SIeepwalker, TBpup and Natebishop3 like this.
  17. LayneStaley

Badass
    I would be so happy with that, then I would try to turn Ant/Future picks into a young Big.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  18. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I would if our pick is 5 or higher.
    Brown is a stud on both ends....

19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

While I don't disagree in theory, the hard part is actually finding that haul. It's not as simple as you suggest.

RR7 likes this.
  20. Natebishop3

Sure it is. Post Dame up on Facebook marketplace.