Dame on Twitter right now!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KSF-ERIC, Feb 8, 2020.

1. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

I get great satisfaction from the image of refs wearing shock collars. That would be a much better use of the fan vote than is the all-star ballot.

Two examples come to mind: 1) Jeopardy doesn't take points away from one player when reversing the decision about another player getting the answer wrong, even through the second player wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to ring in otherwise. 2) Our infamous 6-man play against Boston several years ago. We got two points out of the play, they got one point for the technical freethrow resulting. In both cases, there's no effort to unwind the mistake.

hoopsjock and kjironman1 like this.
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

That's because the great satisfaction comes from your image of being the one who gets to run the shock control.

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

oh, isn't it cute....another Jazz fan creates an account just to trash Lillard and the Blazers. If it was allowed, I might say something like "eat manure" or " "sit on traffic cone and spin...on top of manure" or "drop dead on a pile of manure"....but since that's against the rules I won't. I like to keep things civil even in the off-chance I'm talking to a troll....:)

GoBlazersGo and kjironman1 like this.
  4. handiman

Well, duh! No crash test dummy here.

kjironman1 likes this.
  5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

We could give you like seats under the basket next to Neil so you can lean over and say "Watch this! Now this is what a real GM would do!"

6. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan New Member

Wait wait wait.... you mean to tell me I can’t tell you to go play on the freeway?? That eliminates half my vocabulary right there, :smiley-195517897341

7. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan New Member

Anyways. I watched Lillard in his college days in Utah, and consider him the second best pg in the game right now. I just hate him when he plays the jazz he takes the most ridiculous shots and makes them. I just think he needs to shut the fuck up.

this is how I feel. I felt the same about the saints a year ago. That no call wasn’t your only chance to win that was blown. There were bad no calls that went against the jazz as well including an entire possession where the clock never started that was missed. The completely obvious travel by Hezonja that turned into a Trent three, and other fouls not called, obvious ones. The refs were horseshit but not just against your team. To me Lillard sounds like a bitch. The call isn’t what is going to keep u out of the playoffs if it comes down to one game.

8. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I think the Utah game is a great example of why you would have to unwind it...

In your theory, we end up missing a shot and fouling on purpose because we are down 2 with 10 seconds left. After the deadball, the replay would've shown a goaltend and that the game should have been tied. In a tie game, we would not have fouled on purpose. With your rule, Utah would get two free throws and would likely be back up 2.

Eastoff likes this.
  9. handiman

I don't disagree. I'm just saying, the examples that come to mind point to rules being too rigid for that sort of thing. Unwinding is a can of worms in its own right, because of all the contingencies. It's easier and cleaner to just add the corrective measure and not take everything else into account.

Tince likes this.
  10. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

WTF Simons got a concussion??

I miss ONE game and I’m severely out of the loop.

11. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Yeah. Royce O'Neal swiped his leg under Ant so when he came down he would land on his foot. Luckily he didn't break a leg or sprain and ankle, but he hit his head pretty hard on the floor.