Dame Out

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Just my take and i'm no doctor but i disagree on this one. He's done the rest bit. Give him 10 days and see where they are. Let him start playing again and my bet is within a week he is right back where he is now. Maybe no more B2B's? Maybe play him every other game? Maybe play him a couple weeks and do another 10 days thing?
    Point is he ain't taking a game off in the playoffs. So what's the point now?
    Seriously? To what end are we playing for here this season? Sit him until he is fully healed or shut him down this year.

blazerkor likes this.
  2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

PCmor7 likes this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

What he recovered from this summer isn't what caused his recent inflammation playing the first 20 games...he's aggravated it so this is to stop it from further inflammation in my view....he'll probably deal with it off and on....that's why I compared it to tennis elbow...every tennis player has to manage that the same way...the only way is to rest and build muscle surrounding the area from what I've read..probably 2o minute ice packs several times a day. He may very well be out longer than 10 days but they can detect the problem with an MRI and see if it shrinks to normal...maybe they'll ask him to stop shooting from 36 ft as another safety precaution

4. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Seems fair as another way to look at it. I guess him saying he’s dealt with this for the last 4 years has me thinking it’s only getting worse because to this point he has never taken 10 days out to heal it.

5. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    Man, you know there are drug rehab options that are pretty reasonable out there. Also did the reptile part of your brain Che Guevara the Baptiste part of your common sense and critical thinking? This is a plasma hot take that’s easily the dumbest thing Ive ever seen on this board just WOW!!!!

HailBlazers likes this.
  6. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

BRO!!! Why you gotta bump this thread right now. Almost gave me a heart attack, forgot what it was about.

THE HCP likes this.
  7. Jon

Jon mr. 300

this reeks of Kobe Bryant. let me explain....

dame gets paid... and i mean PAID... we cant afford shit for a roster (we can, the owners just dont want to) and will probably not even get to the playoffs. then Dame retires.

same thing that happened with Kobe.

mamba mentality i guess....

8. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Dame IN?

blazerkor and riverman like this.
  9. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I read this article and thought it was great news. If this treatment can be effective and cortizone injections have proven to be very effective in stimulating healing in soft tissue like diseased tendons, then Dame could come back better than ever. If he's been dealing with this pain for the last three seasons while dominating the league, imagine what he might do pain free.

10. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    They should give him Adamantium.

11. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...and I read more as, is this really the first fucking time they've tried these injections since 2017!? :dunno:

handiman and blazerkor like this.
  12. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

And with a only a week off, he unsurprisingly still looks hurt. This seems like a longer term thing, in which case I feel like we should shut him down to get 100% and we can get a high draft pick to reload this summer.

13. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

he had 2 weeks off and I though he was moving better tonight. He just had shitty shot selection, especially in the 2nd half. 11 rebounds and 6 assists though

THE HCP likes this.
  14. blazerkor

I agree, we should shut Dame down until an MRI shows that the tendon is no longer damaged. If it fucks this season... oh wait, this season already seems to be fucked. The move only has upside honestly.

HomerLovesKoolAid likes this.
  15. blazerkor

Yeah, if he can shoot the ball well in his next outing then he could have just been knocking the rust off but if he's still missing short constantly, I think you've got to sit him until whatever they found on the MRI is completely cleared up.

16. blazerkor

I listened to Dames post game presser and my two posts above this one are just flat out wrong. I believed him completely when he said he feels better than he has in a long time and he said the reason why his shot looked bad is because he was gassed from not playing. He referenced how he was short on threes and free throws and then he said he overcorrected that and was missing off the back iron. He says he'll get his feel back and he's excited for these upcoming games.

17. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Whew. I was sure Aldo was right.

blazerkor likes this.
  18. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

You gotta trade him soon man.

19. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I'll take health problems that Zion will never have to worry about, for $600 Alex.

riverman likes this.
  20. blazerkor

There's logic to blowing it up and spending who knows how long trying to hit on a draft pick but we have a team that is in the middle of the pack right now, we have something this franchise has never had (a superstar that is absolutely loyal to the organization, fans, city, etc.), we have never taken a big swing to try and get pieces around him that actually fit we've just stuck him with CJ and told him that's his help for his whole career. So why wouldn't we take that big swing? Why wouldn't we try to get him the absolute best and most complementary pieces around him that we possibly can? In my opinion when a player of Dame's caliber says he wants to spend his whole career with the Blazers and do what Dirk did... you let him. So there is logic to blowing it up but it lacks imagination, it's completely cowardly and it has absolutely no honor.

We have a flawed roster changes need to be made and they can't just be around the margins like they have been in the past... that's what our new GM just said. He said that he's committed to making big moves that get us past the point where we're just making the playoffs and to the point where we're in contention. Look at Steph and look at CP3 both are older than Dame and neither has fallen off. Dame is actually not even at the point where most guys start to make a slow decline... especially not small shooters. What we've been seeing is the result of a nagging injury that had gone untreated an injury that I can't find a time that it has ever derailed a career.

So no, no we don't have to trade Dame soon man. In fact it would be weak and stupid to do so without him asking to be.