Dame: "Portland is boring"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree... I actually haven't watched Portlandia since the second season or so because I think it takes itself (even its mockery) a bit too seriously. Give me On Cinema at the Cinema (season nine starting on Monday!) any day of the week. :)

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I still give them 24 wins and 35 losses...I really like some of their work...not any basketball related though.

3. Troy.Ave

Troy.Ave Active Member

To be fair this show is extremely popular nationwide. Hence why it's been on without being axed for like 7 years now.

Personally I don't find it funny at all. Granted there is some funny parts but a broken clock is right two times a day.

4. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    To me it's more like elitest comedy. Woody Allen was a comedic genius who understood even the nature of toilet and gag humor. Kaufman was pushing the boundaries in a surreal world. Portlandia is anti-humor for a bunch of smug professionals who read certain books, eat certain foods and now, even laugh at certain fringe situations. You get the feeling the same "comedians" would rip you apart if you said the wrong thing or wore the wrong shirt. That's a club I sure as shit don't want to belong too.