Dame Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Maybe Orlando feels confident they can lure other free agents if they have Dame? They made this play before and it might have worked out if Grant Hill hadn't been completely broken.

TBpup likes this.
  2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I agree that you take the best deal but you take it from a team where Dame will be OK. You don't do it because of a sense of loyalty to Dame or to stay in the good graces of agents... you do it because no team in their right mind will trade away all of their assets for a disgruntled superstar who will demand they trade him as well. So if Dame says it's the Lakers only, you kindly tell him he can fuck himself and expand that list... by a lot.

I honestly think that one of two very clear messages needs to be sent to every GM in the league. Either we're trading Dame now because we want to and his value isn't diminished or Dame is not at all on the table and we'd let him sit before we traded him.

If Dame is on the market then the trade to make is to Philly for Simmons, either Shake or Thybulle, their pick this year and three other firsts that will likely be at the very end of the round. Then Dame is off the table and the Knicks will likely take CJ for their picks this year and possibly another first in the future. Then you move our other two starters for young players and/or picks.

If Dame is off the market then Philly can decide if they want CJ and a bunch of picks or Toronto or Detroit can decide if they want what the Knicks would give up for CJ plus a bunch of picks from us. The fact is if Dame is off the market we should be able to add Simmons, Siakam or Grant by leveraging our draft future and giving up CJ. All of that hinges on it being clear that Dame is not on the market at all.

wizenheimer likes this.
  3. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

Not to mention they retain Isaac, Hampton, Wendell Carter Jr. and Okeke -- arguably all better talents than those included in the package. A lineup of Dame, Hampton, Isaac, Okeke and Carter with the Florida tax codes and weather could quickly become a thing in the east.

TBpup likes this.
  4. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

Only one definition of "best". No point in arguing who would or wouldn't make an offer and what it would or wouldn't look like -- that's stuff we have no control or visibility into. If its this offseason, it's 100% rip-the-band-aid-off, best offer from any/all comers, regardless of their situation. It's not our job to make sure a team is being realistic about what they can do with the best PG in the game added to their roster. If a shitty team wants to offer us the moon, so be it.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  5. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Right, if teams were actually stupid enough to take a guy who said he didn't want to be there, had no loyalty to them and therefore would consider sitting... then yeah we would just take the best offer. I'm just saying that Houston wasn't being charitable when they sent Harden to the Nets. When Harden gave his list of teams, offers weren't coming in from other teams... otherwise Harden would be on one of those teams because Houston ownership doesn't give a fuck.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  6. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Does Dame have no trade clause in his contract if not then he know leverage where he goes.

7. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    Franchise owes him more respect than that

8. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    There are things I've been told re the Orlando situation that leads me to believe they would jump at adding Dame to the remaining young talent they have.

No. It was a surprise when his contract was announced, but he did not have a 'no-trade' clause included.

1 Eye Jack likes this.
  9. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    Just curious this may be the single biggest turning point in franchise history. Two options here Dame stays and we continue to try and put pieces around him. Or option two we trade him at his peak and get max value for him potentially setting the team up for the next 10 years (young talented player coming back plus 4-5 years of draft picks). As bad as this seems things could be worse.

Love Dame one of my all time favorites but we need to make sound business decision and not an emotional one. Again this is only if we can’t build a contending team around him then I’d make the trade now, then I’d fire Neil right afterwards lol

STOMP, TBpup and SharpesTriumph like this.
  10. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    If Lillard does eventually want out I’d want to get a young guy on the brink of becoming a star and a top 5 pick with multiple future picks. It would probably not be the destination Lillard would want to go to, so a 3rd team would have to be involved.

TBpup and 1 Eye Jack like this.
  11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

GS-Wiseman
    NY-Barrett

That’s a couple of players along with picks that would be decent? But again, and this is sincere, if he wants out, fuck where he wants to go and take the best offer

illmatic99 likes this.
  12. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
  13. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

They owe respect your right but it's also business to get the best deal for your franchise. Star player shouldn't get chose where they want go but want they need to do to live up to the contract they sign with that team. If they want leave after the contract so be it that's if the team doesn't want to trade. I fill like that for every supposed superstar not just Dame. But hopefully Dame don't ask for a trade so that we can stop talking about it.

14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

15. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
  16. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

That guy is clueless.

17. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

some guy named Landon Buford tweeted the same thing

18. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Better be Ingram, Hayes, NAW, #10

19. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

you mean those guys and 3 1sts?

UKRAINEFAN and blazerkor like this.
  20. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    I’ll take those 3 guys and number 10 overall. Ship CJ for Ben and the future looks bright.

Davion Mitchell(#10)/Simons
    Powell/KAW
    Ingram/Nas
    Simmons/RoCo
    Nurk/Hayes

We’d be a few years away and Powell and RoCo would need to be flipped for assets that fit the new timeline. I’d rather win a title with Dame but we could do worse.

TBpup likes this.