Dame Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 27, 2021.

1. RipCity4Life0

RipCity4Life0 Member

This may be an unpopular opinion but i think the Knicks have a better Trade package than the Sixers for Lillard if Dame wanted out.

Quickley/Barrett/Toppin > Simmons/Maxey

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I still think I try to get Tatum out of Boston.

3. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

4. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  5. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

No way Morey trades Simmons for CJ. So thirsty.

Natebishop3 and illmatic99 like this.
  6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

No way Morey takes Simmons into the regular season and I very seriously doubt that Dame is traded by then. So, I'll say it again, CJ is the best fit available for what that Sixers team needs. Morey has to know all of this. So I just think we'll see what happens but Simmons will almost surely be somewhere else to start the season and as long as Olshey is willing to pony up CJ and other valuable assets, this is where Simmons should be.

Eastoff likes this.
  7. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

You sound as delusional as Morey.

8. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

9. blazerkor

It's just some hometown bullshit wishful thinking. Stories like that have always been written in local papers but now national outlets like B/E and The Athletic have writers for every team putting stories out. The columnist showed that it was obviously a Sixers fan piece when he said, "It would be much more reassuring for me to write, 'the moves so far in free agency have made it a lock that Damian Lillard will become a Sixer',"...

Let's just hope that unlike Dumas's bullshit this doesn't get picked up by anybody as news.

10. blazerkor

In what way was that post delusional? Do you think the Sixers are going to go into the regular season with a player making 33M that won't even talk to them? Do you think there are players available that are a better fit for what the Sixers need than CJ... that they would get extra assets with?

Oh and I also hope you just think Morey only sounds delusional because he's not actually delusional. He's measuring his options, trying to drive Simmons' value back up and biding the small amount of time he does have. Those trade proposals that he supposedly made that got flatly turned down because they were so outlandish were aimed to do nothing more than get something for Simmons at the highest point he can possibly get in between his offers he knew would be turned down and the ones he'd been receiving.

11. twobullz

twobullz Well-Known Member

I think we should tell Morey and trade for Dame starts with Embiid and Simmons plus 3 1st's. Start the negotiations there. I don't think we trade Dame, but if we do hold out for a kings ransom.

LenPa, Cugel and tykendo like this.
  12. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I think Morey-On can eat a D&#K!

13. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

14. JoshuaHall

JoshuaHall Well-Known Member

Beal is probably a better fit than CJ.

15. JoshuaHall

JoshuaHall Well-Known Member

There is something called good faith negotiations tho and I feel like he is shooting himself in the foot more than anything.

Ultimately it may drive the price downwards.

I think they were hoping to get into the season with Simmons so he could show off his new shooting ability but I think that’s out the window.

16. blazerkor

I agree, I think he is hurting his credibility in terms of what his offers are. At the same time if he just says that he's now open to offers from other GMs he can probably push it a little further now. I think it's an effective mind game if you're willing to give up some control. So he's relinquished control but he's also expanded the universe of what could be asked for... even if that doesn't increase the player's value. I think he's desperate right now to recoup some of what Doc and Embiid destroyed.

17. blazerkor

Oh, definitely... Beal is the best fit for what they need but Washington doesn't want to trade Beal and Beal just said he's excited about his new teammates and continuing to try and win with his team. So he's even further away from being attainable than Dame... IMO. So CJ is Beal Lite and even if Beal were available, if the Sixers were to try and get Beal for Simmons the they would be the team sending out assets and if they end up taking a deal in which they get CJ for Simmons, they'll be receiving assets along with CJ.

CJ is their best move that will be available in the time constraints that I think they're operating within. So I really do think that's the deal that will happen if Neil is smart enough to part with CJ and some other assets.

Cugel likes this.
  18. FlashWad

FlashWad Well-Known Member

If Dame requests a trade our best option is to blow up the team and get as many picks as we can. I believe the closest we have been to having enough talent to compete for a championship recently was with Oden Aldridge and Roy. All which we essentially acquired through the draft( I know Aldridge was a draft day trade but that was essentially trading for a number 2 pick) I really hate getting good enough make the first round but then losing giving up our draft picks. Its really our only hope to build a contender. This is all though if Dame firmly wants out though otherwise we try our best to compete now with him. He desperately needs a second star and CJ isn't it.

LenPa, Cugel and BonesJones like this.
  19. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    *IF* Dame asks for a trade and Morey puts Embiid on the table instead of Simmons - what say you?

Philly is “open to keeping Simmons” fwiw…

20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Embiid would get here and his knees would instantly detonate.

illmatic99 likes this.