Dame's %, the Elephant In The Room

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DaLong, Feb 22, 2023.

1. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Along with making umpteen All NBA D teams, Draymond has been the W's assist leader for most of their run. I always laugh when posters slight him as he'd be near the top of the list of players I wish could have spent their career running alongside Dame.

STOMP

2. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

Unless they trade Ant they're just regurgitating the same basic premise. Starting two small guards who aren't known for defense and who make 65m a year doesn't work. It's not going to change suddenly in 2024, that's a guarantee. Until that move happens there's only so much else you can do.

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I'd caveat that if Portland wins the lotto, they'll suddenly become a contender and back court will be a strength as Victor will allow them to play up on guys and dare them to go into the paint. Other then that, they need to hit on their picks more then better balance the roster with trades to reach contender status. The team is a ways away talent wise and needs to face the reality of where they're at rather then do offseason patch jobs to keep the mediocre going & butts in seats. If they want to be a contender with Dame, (again) they need to hit on their picks

STOMP

Ed O and BBert like this.
  4. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

Did anybody watch the Bucks/Celtics game a couple weeks ago? Two top teams in the NBA combined for 92 3-point attempts and barely cracked 100 points each. It was a long bomb brickfest of embarrassing proportions.

SlyPokerDog likes this.