Damien Wilkins

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by bbwSwish, Jul 24, 2005.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">According to sources in the NBA the Portland Trailblazers will extend an offer sheet to the Sonics Damien Wilkins. Contract details are not clear, but word on the street is that deal is significant. Translation the Blazers are over paying Wilkins in order to make sure the Sonics don't match the deal.</div>
    Source

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I don't real see a point in signing him. He's a good player, but he's better off on another team. DA is likely to be waived, so that opens up a spot for another guard, but they already got Webster and the 2 euro's from the 2003 at the SG spot. Plus, you'll probably see Outlaw spend some time there. The Blazers need a PF to backup Z-BO/replace SAR, not another guard.

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't real see a point in signing him. He's a good player, but he's better off on another team. DA is likely to be waived, so that opens up a spot for another guard, but they already got Webster and the 2 euro's from the 2003 at the SG spot. Plus, you'll probably see Outlaw spend some time there. The Blazers need a PF to backup Z-BO/replace SAR, not another guard.</div>

OutlaW is a PF not a SF but he's still not good cuz weve got enough small forwards on the team but maybe he can be a trade player...
    I wouldnt trust the 2 russians to supply demands for the SG position so i guess im saying what the hey - sign him... [​IMG]

4. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

ok. in my oppinion Travis is a SF. i mean, do you want to see him matched up with Tim Duncan or KG? he's also verry fast and athletic. hes also improved his shooting in this last season. he will come in handy. also. Victor Khryapa and Sergie Monia might possibly be a good idea to have. I have never seen Monia play but Khryapa did verry well on the last game of the season vs. Lakers. he is an energy player nad a good shooter. he says that monia is a better shooter than him. but i guess we will have to wait and see.

5. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Seriously, what goes through John Nash's mind? Does he think, "Oh we are so overloaded at the small forward position already, why don't we just sign another?" Okay so for small forwards we have Darius, Ruben, Travis, Sergie, and Victor. Not to mention they are pretty much all strictly small forwards, some swing to the SG spot. All these traits apply to Damien Wilkins. Why doesnt Nash just try to free up some of our overloaded talent at the SF spot instead of try and get more people crammed into one position? The world may never know.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">OutlaW is a PF not a SF but he's still not good cuz weve got enough small forwards on the team but maybe he can be a trade player...
    I wouldnt trust the 2 russians to supply demands for the SG position so i guess im saying what the hey - sign him... [​IMG]</div>

PF? He's not good? If you watched Blazers game last year towards the end (when they were tanking it) you would see why they took him in the '03 draft. If anything, Ruben and/or Miles should be the ones they should look to trade, not Outlaw.

7. D-Miles

I like darius' game but he kinda has a bad aditude and not much of a shot. but i still like him. ruben would be good if he got more minutes. i also see why they took outlaw

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">PF? He's not good? If you watched Blazers game last year towards the end (when they were tanking it) you would see why they took him in the '03 draft. If anything, Ruben and/or Miles should be the ones they should look to trade, not Outlaw.</div>

no i didnt mean that he isnt a good player,i meant that putting him as a SF will be a waste cuz weve got enough small forwards,he will be lost in rotation and because his shot for a SF isnt that good even though i heard he improved it a bit.
    If there will be a trade with PattersonMiles thats a diffrent story...

9. D-Miles

ya but it would have to be a good trade because probobly not many teams want miles' big contract. if someone wants him they better be ready for more money to take in.