Darius Miles Traded To Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by knicks235, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I don't understand why the Blazers would do this. I thought they were trying to get rid of trouble makers?

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Miles isn't a trouble maker,he is a guy you can get frustrated with because of how much talent he has,that doesn't actually play to his potenial.From what I know Miles isn't a bad person nor does he have a record of any sort

You also need to remember he is a free-agent at the end of the season.Which helps the Blazers cap situation.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I was referring to his attitude that has always been horrible IMO. Could be wrong.

4. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

I've never seen him play but I have heard good things about Darius Miles. I've also never seen Boomje play wasn?t he always injured or something? McInnis was getting pretty good and I'm sort of sad to see him leave. I Hope Darius Will deliver.

5. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Darius is a penitrater. He can deliver in the low post and slash in the paint and create plays to kick out side for an open guard. He will bring some excitement to the team with his flashy dunks. You guys will love his horn call (fists to headband) after every point he scores. The downside to Darius is that he is young. Not only young but young minded as well. Mabey this move will get Miles to realize that "Hey its time to grow up." Good luck with Miles Portland.

6. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Lets put it this way. I would strongly doubt that Miles will be a Blazer next year. Lets face it, he is the perfect example of a HS kid with a HS mentality that should have gone to college instead of jump straight to the NBA. He has horrible fundamentals and is not a thread by any means to the defense. Darius is good for two things: speed and vertical. Besides that, he is worthless.

To me this doesnt look like it was a cap move by the Blazers. McInnis was set to only make around $3.5 million next year which isn't bad cap wise. Rubem-Boumtje's contract expires at the end of this season($680,000). If they wanted to clear cap they should have moved Damon Stoudamire or Derrick Anderson.

This deal is mind-boggling to me from the Blazers prospective. Do you think there is another deal possibly lined up?

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">If they wanted to clear cap they should have moved Damon Stoudamire or Derrick Anderson.

This deal is mind-boggling to me from the Blazers prospective. Do you think there is another deal possibly lined up?</div>

Impossible to trade either Stoudamire or DA because of their huge contracts.Fact is Mcinnis was not happy with his lack of minutes,he made that clear which is why he was benched last sunday when Blazers visited Phoenix.

They wanted to get rid of JM so bad that Darius Miles was the best they were going to get for him.Miles is still very young,would still become a good player under the right system.If he is going to be a success anywhere it will be in New York. With Marbury feeding him the ball on the break,that would be the prefect situation for him.

Is there another deal lined up? I would say so,however I doubt It's going to involve who everyone thinks.

8. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

The way you guys are talking reminds me of how people thought about Jermain O'neal. He turned out to be one of the most dominant players in the east after a simple trade.

Dairus is a power player so I'm hearing... So is Rasheed and most of the other Blazers. I'm pretty sure He will evolve in Portland... Also considering Portland seems to be trying to get people they can build on. Nash said he thinks Dairus Miles will grow into a great player and is still very young and has allot of room to be really good. If he shows cheeks he wants to play he will stay another year.

9. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Anzix:</div><div class="quote_post">Dairus is a power player so I'm hearing... So is Rasheed and most of the other Blazers. I'm pretty sure He will evolve in Portland... Also considering Portland seems to be trying to get people they can build on. Nash said he thinks Dairus Miles will grow into a great player and is still very young and has allot of room to be really good. If he shows cheeks he wants to play he will stay another year.</div>

I hope you're right.

10. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

Darius Miles has thus far proven to be nothing but a KG-clone that busted spectacularly due to a severe lack of discipline and work ethic. Look to Tyson Chandler and Eddie Griffin for other manifestations of the infinite potential x 0 effort = 0 positive results formula.