Darko Milicic- BUST?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by jbbilovebball, May 10, 2003.

1. AlienPump

AlienPump JBB JustBBall Member

Rocko220 ... very very good point...
    He is a killing mashine!
    I've seen him playing twice. We didn't get into the same group with Serbia, but I saw 2 of their games. I am speaking about the under-19 national teams. He is the backbone of their national team, and they are the top team in Europe.
    Doesn't play much in the pro team, but he enters game. This is very much for a 85 in Europe...
    He is not going to be a top rookie, but after a season or two he will become an excelent player!

2. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

I read somewhere that he averages 28 and 9, this was in a newspaper or magazine. I don't really remember, you can't call the kid a bust when he hasn't stepped foot on a NBA court. You have to give all rookies 2-3 years to mature, to get used to the game, especially European players that are not used to the American way of basketball. I think 28 and 9 is pretty good for a guy that doesn't play a lot of minutes, minute decision is almost always thought out to be given to the more veteran players, there have been exceptions with players such as Petrovic.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

darko could be the tskitishvili of the 2003 draft along with lampe.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

DARKO FOR PRESDIENT....

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

DARKO FOR PRESDIENT....

6. Kid Canada

or he could be the gasol of the 2001 draft who knows but i dont think he is as ready as gasol was when he came into the league but who knows.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He will be better than gasol...

8. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "snownation":</div><div class="quote_post">i seriously doubt darko will be a bust, especially considering almost all european players have done really really well in the nba lately</div>

Robert Archibald, Dalibor Bagaric, Primoz Brezec, Pat Burke, Dan Gadzuric, Marko Jaric.. just some of the European players who haven't done really really well in the nba

anyways, there's no way to know whether darko will be a bust. they'll just have to wait for next season

9. Kid Canada

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">He will be better than gasol...</div>

lol hahahahahahah

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

what the hell is so funny? darko will be better than gasol..he has better skills and a better shot on him....why do you think joe turned down gasol for our pick this season?

11. Kid Canada

he did nt if he did he is the dumbest gm in the world the pick was suppost to be the 7th I would take gasol for the 4th in a second theres no way he turned down that unless it was a week ago. S when was the offer?

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

the deal wasn't straight up..and i wouldn't trade darko for gasol...it was ages ago as west wanted the pick back badly..but joe said you weren't getting the pick back

joe dumars is the best GM in the L.....

13. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">what the hell is so funny? darko will be better than gasol..he has better skills and a better shot on him....why do you think joe turned down gasol for our pick this season?</div>That is pretty arrogant based on the fact that you have probably only seen Gasol play about five times and you have probably never seen Darko play. Darko hasn't played one game yet and the Grizzlies would never give their franchise player up for him. He is just unproven potential. Being a Detroit and Memphis fan, I am very high on both players, but you have to remember that right now Darko is still a question mark. At least let him play a game or two before you guys talk about trade offers.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I have seen darko play..i have seen gasol enough....darko will be better..his skills and allround game is amazing...and he is only 17..so no what i said was not arrogant

15. Kid Canada

i thought he was 18 now

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

he is still 17 i believe

another thing..if darko played high school ball

he would be hyped more and considered better than lebron...he would of destroyed the high school kids more than james did

17. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">I have seen darko play..i have seen gasol enough....darko will be better..his skills and allround game is amazing...and he is only 17..so no what i said was not arrogant</div>What you said was arrogant because you have only seen Gasol a few times and you have never seen Darko yet you act like you know the ins and outs of both of their games. I've seen 180 games with Pau Gasol in them and I have seen two games with Darko in them (via video). I can say that I think Gasol is better. He has been in the league for two years and his third year should be his breakout All-Star year. Darko might be better. He might be great. But it is highly unlikely that he becomes a franchise player or All-Star in his first year or two, which is what the Grizzlies need and would trade Gasol for. They need production now. Their whole team except Jason Williams and Pau Gasol are just potential players. They need another solid one, and they don't need to go younger.

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

how do you know i've only see gasol few few times? i have seen him loads...darko has better moves...quicker..bigger,can score better..rebound and block shots..gasol is good but darko i'mconfident will be better..

19. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">i thought he was 18 now</div>Darko will be 18 in 19 days, and as of now Gasol is 22.

20. Kid Canada

gasol is better