Darko Milicic- BUST?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by jbbilovebball, May 10, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">how do you know i've only see gasol few few times? i have seen him loads...darko has better moves...quicker..bigger,can score better..rebound and block shots..gasol is good but darko i'mconfident will be better..</div>You don't live in Memphis. They have only played the Pistons twice on Detroit TV, the Grizzlies have only been on national tv about 2 or 3 times. And you are missing my point. The Grizzlies shouldn't care if Darko is the next Michael Jordan, because they need instant productivity. Their whole team is stacked with "potentialy" great players like Stromile Swift, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, etc. Without Gasol the Grizzlies would be nowhere.

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

i have seen him quite bit...gasol may be better now..but darko is hyped for a reason ....grizzles wanted a high pick and gasol was on the trading block...west made that clear

3. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">he would of destroyed the high school kids more than james did</div>

LeBron averaged 30 ppg, being unselfish. If LBJ wanted too, he could have averaged 40 or more points per game.

4. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

dont even compare darko to lebron

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

down the stretch darko will be one of the top 5 players of the year along wit lebron and carmelo...he has skill and everythinks he is overrated

6. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">dont even compare darko to lebron</div>

I know, it is pretty dumb but I didn't bring it up. It is a stupid comparison.

I would take Darko now anyway over Pau. Yeah there is a chance he will be a bust, but IMO it is unlikely. He will be a 19 ppg, 9 rpg player in his 2nd year in the league. Yeah, those are Pau's numbers too, but Darko will have a bigger effect on his team and the opposition.

7. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

i would take pau because there is no risk

8. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

True. If the risk pays off (which has a really good chance too) he could be an All Star in a few years. I have seen both play, and I think Darko is more talented.

9. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">i have seen him quite bit...gasol may be better now..but darko is hyped for a reason ....grizzles wanted a high pick and gasol was on the trading block...west made that clear</div>When did you see Pau and when did West make anything clear?

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I've seen gasol every season he has played in the league..when he played detroit and when they played spurs

as for west? he stated in a few articles that he wants a high pick and gasol would be available...rumours are about nuggets might trade melo for gasol....west badly wants anthony...was in ESPN insider

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">I've seen gasol every season he has played in the league..when he played detroit and when they played spurs

as for west? he stated in a few articles that he wants a high pick and gasol would be available...rumours are about nuggets might trade melo for gasol....west badly wants anthony...was in ESPN insider</div>Never read Chad Ford. He is 100% made up bullshit. I am being quite honest when I say that too. I read the same things. If the Grizzlies traded their pick and Pau for Carmelo then they would have Battier, Miller, and Anthony all stacked at SF. They would then have to play Battier out of position and bench Miller, thus making the Gooden trade look irrelevant. That would suck for the Grizzlies in more than one way. They are giving up all of their points, rebounds, and leadership for an unproven rookie at a position where they already have two other starting worthy players. Not to mention Stromile Swift would be starting at PF. And noone wants that. And seeing Gasol like 8 times is great, but I have seen him 190 times, so I think I can asses his game and trade value better, no offense.

12. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

miller could play 2 guard, he is a bit slow but its possible

13. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

he wont be a bust but he wont be a superstar either

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yeah he will be a superstar...considering the lack of great big man ..darko will dominate....bad news for the east and the rest of the L..he has loads of time to get better and become a force..he is only 18 remember..but lets wait and see and his game will prove it

15. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

If you have insider it talks about how he is always wanting to work out. So he will be awsome cause he has a good work ethic.

16. olskoolfunktitude

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah he will be a superstar...considering the lack of great big man ..darko will dominate...</div>

[​IMG] now, now. thats wishful thinking. u have no idea do you. a great man once said "You can't call a player a bust [or a superstar for that matter] til he has played a few years in the NBA at least..he hasn't even played a game yet"

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

:roll: And you can't say he won't be....he has all the moves...the skills..rebounding power...blocking shots...scoring...and is a great defender..he has all the tools to be a superstar..

ask every coach or scount around the NBA...abotu his game...he is a speical player....havn't seen many players like him before.

18. olskoolfunktitude

sure. lots of players appear to exhibit every tool they need to be a superstar playing against sub par competition and then dont make it in the NBA. just ask Sam Bowie. did u ever whatch him before he was drafted. i did. he looked a lot better than darko does. hell a lot of people thought he looked better than michael jordan [​IMG]

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Have you even seen darko play? i'm guessing NO...

if darko had played high school ball..he would be putting up crazy numbers...they even said if darko had played in the high school leagues it would of been unfair to the rest..

20. olskoolfunktitude

i saw darko play more times than you probably. i see a lot of Europe games. hes the big hype over their but the competition isnt that much better than certain high school leagues and not as good as most NCAA divisions.