Exclusive Dear Joe

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by e_blazer, Apr 9, 2023.

1. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    Don't dis CO like that. Thems mountain billies. No hills there.

2. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    You want to risk injuries to our core players, all to still lose the game or possibly gain one more meaningless win, as well as possibly drop in the lottery?
    And you call others clueless?
    Im at a loss for words to explain the lack of rationale there…

blazerkor likes this.
  3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

But we're all in fairy tale land... we do things like look at the bigger picture and want future success for our team when immediate success has been ruled out. So you and I need to pull our heads out of our asses and root for our team to play every game of the season and pre-season like it's an elimination game in the playoffs... shit, you really need to start asking yourself if there is any integrity in Summer League because if there was we would see the best rosters teams could play in every summer league. You really need to get some perspective.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  4. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

I couldn’t care less about the lottery. That’s a fool’s paradise. We’re just as likely to get a good player at #8 as we are at #5. Every year players taken later in the first round outshine players taken earlier in the first round. If GMs knew what they were doing, the NBA wouldn’t be littered with one bungled pick after another, and Portland wouldn’t have passed on Jordan and Durant. What I care about are real basketball games, not charades where we pretend to put an NBA team on the floor and the other team pretends not to notice it’s a summer league team.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Whyachi likes this.
  5. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

A bough is the main branch of a tree.
    I dunno what a baby is doing up in a tree regardless.

STOMP likes this.
  6. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

Think of it like this :
    Lillard gets all his buddies to come play for Portland. The owner is very rich and she hands out fat contracts. One if the best stipulations is, the GM tanks the team shortly after the trade deadline, and all of Lillard's friends get an early vacation.

While it's obviouly not what fans were expecting to see, the good news is the Blazers are gathering up exciting rookies. Someday the Lillard frat pack will be gone, and the Blazers will be loaded with young talent thanks to lazy NBA basketball from those who came before.

7. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

riverman likes this.
  8. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Zach Lavine is trash on defense, so he’s one of them

9. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Also, not a needle mover

STOMP and SharpeScooterShooter like this.
  10. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    Sorry man, but you are preaching to the choir and it still wont add up to me. Im a season ticket holder and didn't go to alot of games this season. But i still get the big picture is more important than a handful of games missing the star power of the team.
    Fair weather fans may only care about the team if the stars are on the court, but true fans understand the need for business savvy, combined with the long term goal setting that has to be in place to have a chance at anything.
    Odds are odds. Going from 8th to 5th allowed us better odds at the number one Wemby prize.
    But more importantly, if provided zero chance of any of our key guys getting injured.

As a season ticket holder, I do not like tanking at all. You wont see me predict a loss. But I understand what is more important in the long run.
    The product on the court is the least of my concerns if i wanted to critique the team as a ticket holder fan.

You are totally entitled to your opinion. Im just curious how long you will keep pushing back in every thread or just accept what is? Its hard pushing against the ocean.
    It is what it is and no amount of frustration or vociferous anger will change what has happened the last two years. So why not turn the corner, hope for the best in the lottery and lets all be united that we dont want to do this a third year? :cheers:

SharpesTriumph likes this.
  11. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    What are you talking about integrity? We are summer league champs about to repeat!!!

On the serious, I cant wait. I want to see Shae Dominate!

blazerkor likes this.
  12. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    Ahhh.
    Agreed though. Who puts a cradle up in a tree?
    I remember when i learned pocket full of posies was basically mimicking dying from the plague.
    Who the heck came up with these children’s …rhymes?

13. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

I get your point. I guess my “big picture” is different from yours. In my big picture, you don’t give away games for any reason. I think it’s disgusting to spend the last three weeks of the season handing games to your opponents. That’s the big picture I care about.

14. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Off topic but children's rhymes are often gruesome.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  15. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What's your non-big picture?

One minute of a game? A possession?

You are using a phrase entirely differently than anyone who has any sense of reason.

SharpesTriumph likes this.
  16. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

False; the expected VORP (value over replacement player) is absolutely higher at pick #5 than at pick #8. Of course that's an average over many decades, and some individual picks will be higher or lower. But there is absolutely an advantage to have pick #5 over pick #8.

If you won't accept simple facts such as that; there really is no point in trying to logically discuss an argument with an irrational individual.

RR7 and Ed O like this.
  17. HoopsFanAZ

HoopsFanAZ Well-Known Member

Dear Joe,

You hit the crap out of it when you drafted Shaedon instead of options that were overpriced.
    The GP2 MLE didn’t work, but now the Blazers have 4 2nd rounders and an $8.3 million TPE. Good. That didn’t bring in a Big, but it’s still a good result for moving forward.
    The contract to Nurkic is too long by at least a year, but the size of it is needed for trade filler, and Nurkic can play … when healthy. Ant’s contract is a good one. And the Grant deal was GOOD stuff. Paying up this summer for a good player — the cost of doing business.
    The NY pick should clear the Chicago debt. Keeping Hart would’ve been good, but getting Thybulle is good, too.

IMHO, if you pull off a BIG trade for Dame Time, you’ll get serious consideration for GM of the year. If not, what you can get for Dame won’t get you off the hook. Not much can for having to trade the Best Blazer Ever.

18. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    mmm id say its not so much my meaning being different than yours as much as yours being different than everyone else's.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but where abouts are you from? Are you in the Portland area?
    To use Portland as an example, big picture would be going to the top of the west hills and staring out at mt hood and beyond.
    What you are describing is more like standing on the west side of the river downtown and not looking past the east bank.

19. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Lol

20. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Talkhard is that really you? Still feeling your oats way way out in right wingnut pretend land hoping this time the people are with you while they're taking turns publically laughing at you. I actually thought you were long dead already, but welcome back I guess.

STOMP