Debate discussion.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by nba dogmatist, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Again dude, I did it for your benefit. The ONLY thing I said was for you guys to pleas emake your opening statements as time was running out of the debate. You quit AFTER I changed the topic and deadline (both of which were for your benefit as I know it was the weekend and the topic was a bit hard). I say you were wasting my time as if you wanted to quit you could have told me so before I started the debate, and definately before I changed things around. If you're gonna sign up for a contest, and make the commitment to where we are at last 3 people, you can't just quit. Very irresponsable, especially when you wait 5 days after I created the matchup with you and CB4 for you to tell me.

2. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Oct 5 2006, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you can't just quit.</div>If you say so.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't have time this weekend to formulate a worthwhile response. You bitched at me about not having made a response after this weekend. I could have made a response since then, but I'm not going to due to the lack of respect for me. I don't know how many times I have to say it. You seemed to have more time than I did, so I gave my spot up. I thought that was pretty nice of me, personally.</div>I really didn't "bi*ch at you," it's just a little out of hand when you spend all your time arguing in this thread and you havn't even attempted to make a post in the debate with CB4. It's been what 2 weeks? Close to it, anyway.It's pretty dumb that CB4 automatically gets in. Nothing against him, it's just like, you made it this far then you quit near the very end of the competition? That sucks.

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Well, it looks like Justice isnt going to reply. Anyone want to take his place in the debate? I really dont want to get a free trip to the Finals. I want to earn it.

5. CB4allstar

so...do I advance..or what?

6. Nitro1118

I was waiting to see if anyone was going to offer to debate you, but I see nothing, so yes you advance. Final debate starts tomorrow!

7. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I'd still be in this if it hadn't been for RashadMcCantz. I had the better points, but he agreed with Dogma......

8. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

there are so many topics out there, I don't get it why dogma has to continue if he agrees with cb4............just because nitro thinks there are other player out there. For example, if I think that Lebron is the second best player in league why do I have to make an argument for another player when deeply inside I know it's lebron. doesn't make sense. :no1:

9. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I don't know why people that are not in the debate are even worried about it, it's not really going to affect them one way or another. Furthermore this should be an absolutely easy topic to debate and win about.

10. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lakersfoelyfe @ Oct 16 2006, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>there are so many topics out there, I don't get it why dogma has to continue if he agrees with cb4............just because nitro thinks there are other player out there. For example, if I think that Lebron is the second best player in league why do I have to make an argument for another player when deeply inside I know it's lebron. doesn't make sense. :no1:</div>There are hundreds of choices for dogmatist to go with, a few of them people think are better than Stockton. Dogma has all the stats available to him to back up his choice, there is little reason for me to change the topic. It isn't like there is 1 clear-cut winner in who is the best player 6'1'' and under, and if dogma is truly a great debater he should be able to make a strong case no matter who he chooses.

11. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Seriosuly, a solid 90% of members want you to change the topic. There are tons of other topics out there. I jsut wanna give Dogma a topic he actually cares about, but if you make him argue against himself, its just not as fun for him or the reader. How hard I it to make another topic?Not trying to take shots at you Nitro, cause I think you're the man, but I jsut don't see why you are being so strict about this

12. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KMart @ Oct 16 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Seriosuly, a solid 90% of members want you to change the topic. There are tons of other topics out there. I jsut wanna give Dogma a topic he actually cares about, but if you make him argue against himself, its just not as fun for him or the reader. How hard I it to make another topic?Not trying to take shots at you Nitro, cause I think you're the man, but I jsut don't see why you are being so strict about this</div>I agree and this is not about whether or not there is a clear cut winner, it's about someone writing about something that he believes in. :boogie:

13. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

If I was Dogma, I'd make a point for a certain Piston....And I'd own CB4 in his debate.

14. Nitro1118

It's funny, as CB4 would rather keep the topic the way it is.All of you want Celts vs Raptors? Fine, but next contest this will be much better organized from the get go with topic selection and all that.

15. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Oct 16 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If I was Dogma, I'd make a point for a certain Piston....And I'd own CB4 in his debate.</div>And you would both be wrong, becaue Allen Iverson is easily the best 6'1 and under player in NBA league history.

16. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

this si gonna be a sick debate. im going to read this all from beginning to end twice [​IMG]

17. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Oct 16 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And you would both be wrong, becaue Allen Iverson is easily the best 6'1 and under player in NBA league history.</div>Exactly... no disrespect to Isiah or John Stockton, but AI is definitely the best player under 6'1" in the history of the NBA.

18. Nitro1118

Agreed with both of you, I also think AI is easily the best 6'1'' and under player of all time.

19. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Oct 16 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If I was Dogma, I'd make a point for a certain Piston....And I'd own CB4 in his debate.</div>You cocky bastard, I would take you out in any debate..

20. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

haha cb4 I'd watch it with the name calling. alot of people around here would say the same thing about you. and btw, saying that you'd take him out in any debate is a bit cocky yourself. [​IMG]