Debate discussion.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by nba dogmatist, Aug 12, 2006.

1. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Oct 16 2006, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>haha cb4 I'd watch it with the name calling. alot of people around here would say the same thing about you. and btw, saying that you'd take him out in any debate is a bit cocky yourself. [​IMG]</div>Name calling? Rok has been calling me a cocky bastard for ages now. Its not a big deal. He said it first, so he's the one who was being cocky [​IMG]

2. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

oh, I must've forgetten that rule where only one person can be cocky at a time. :closedeyes:

3. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

I dont agree at all with changing the original topic (Not that it's Nitos fault)Dogma admitted in the thread he didn't agree with CB4:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>haha to be honest, I don't agree with cb4, I just wanted a debate that I really cared about. I guess I'll make my opening statement tomorrow after school.</div>Seems to me he just wanted a better debate topic to give himself the upperhand. Just my opinion.

4. CB4allstar

Yeah, I already said that I didnt want to do the Raps vs. Celtics debate.

5. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

I just didn't want my time to be put into something that I really didn't care that much about. with Cs vs. Raps, I can really back-up my opinions fully. I care about what I'm typing.if it's really that big a deal, after this debate, I'll debate cb4 on the original topic.

6. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I just want to know why CB4 wouldnt want the raps vs. celtics debate. that would be like the perfect debate. two hardcore fans sticking up for fairly evenly matched teams. it would be great.

7. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just want to know why CB4 wouldnt want the raps vs. celtics debate. that would be like the perfect debate. two hardcore fans sticking up for fairly evenly matched teams. it would be great.</div>Same, it's like the perfect fitting to end a debate contest. CB4, you should do this... it feels so dramatic to debate your own team which you know most about

8. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

Yeah I agree with Eliiite and Ballerman. I see no reason why you wouldn't want to debate the Celtics and Raps when both of you are fans of those teams.You know what would be fun? Making CB4 defend the Celtics and Dogma defend the Raptors lmao.

9. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

NEVER!! :ranting: [​IMG]

10. ballerman2112

Im sorry, but I just have to say this. If I hear CB4 talk about how Mike James hurt the team, I am going to kill him. Sure, he took 1200 shots(500 more than TJ) but guess what....he shot 47 percent. Also, Mike James shot a better percentage than Bosh at the end of the game, therefor it makes him more clutch, and u have been using the arguement the WHOLE TIME that he was a ballhog at the end of the games. Well who gives a sh*t if he shoots a f*cking good percentage while doing it. Honestly. And Im also tired of you giving the foreign players credit before they have done anything. You call Anthony a lockdown defender? He hasnt played in a regular season game in over 5 years where he got ran out of the league because HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH. I fail to believe that going overseas to play in a place where the competiton may be half as good in the NBA, and he will come back as improved as you say he will. And Sarunas is a perfect example. He is old and he isnt going to get any better. He would have gotten even less minutes if Jamal Tinsley was healthy this season too. And how is he going to get better when he is getting older? He is going to be 31 in a little bit im pretty sure and players get worse when they get older. He is never going to be good! Just some things I wanted to get off of my chest

11. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

^ Well it's better then him agreeing with dogma and really hurting his argument... but the point he is making as the assist are racking up is good, because it can really balance out or even increase the Raptors' offensive power.I know what you're saying though; it's impossible to REALLY tell and that debate could go on forever if you let itSo when's the deadline?

12. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

yeah, when is the deadline? tonight? tomorrow night?

13. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

If I had any power, I'd say tonight... this is taking way too long and I want to move on from this.

14. CB4allstar

no way. Im nit near finished. We need another 2 days.Taking way too long? WTF? Sorry, that I dont have time to take 30 minutes every two hours to post in the debate. Jesus man, give me a break.

15. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Oct 22 2006, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Taking way too long? WTF? Sorry, that I dont have time to take 30 minutes every two hours to post in the debate. Jesus man, give me a break.</div>:HAHAHA:Holy sh*t son settle down... what I meant was that this REALLY started October 12th, so many stupid things in the way, let's just get this over with. And what do you mean you have stuff to put? They're basically responces to dogma's posts...

16. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

I swear to god, I am going to put "WTF" in the word filter if I read it again. and cb4 settle down, he wasn't attacking you or anything.

17. ballerman2112

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Oct 22 2006, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no way. Im nit near finished. We need another 2 days.Taking way too long? WTF? Sorry, that I dont have time to take 30 minutes every two hours to post in the debate. Jesus man, give me a break.</div>did you wake up on the wrong side of the crib this morning buddy?

18. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

I'll let it go on 'till tomorrow night, 10PM EST since we lost a few days and it's going fairly well.

19. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Oct 22 2006, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>did you wake up on the wrong side of the crib this morning buddy?</div>No, I sleep in a bed :happy0144:

20. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Just a little tidbit of info, combined they have more than 1500 lines of info typed, too put that into a bit of perspective, combine that all and more than 45 pages of info thereand 93 000 characters (not including spaces)thats about 46 500 characters each, and if they type 200 characters per minute, thats about 4 hours of debating between the two, thats about 8 hours in total. So by the time it takes me to 2 basketball games, these two would still be at it gotta love bbw debates.