Politics Democrats have owned this state for decades - what do we have to show for it?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Natebishop3, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Didn't they go under a few years back? Perhaps that is the reason.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No he doesn't his posts get edited\deleted just like everyone elses. He has to right to state his opinion. Point out what you believe are insults. Report them. It will be dealt with. Ive read through the posts in the last few pages of this thread. He is heated so what? He is attackibg the post not the poster. He is trying to get answers. What has he had done wrong?

3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    ummm, you seem very happy to see the health care part of millions of pensions cut a few years back.

4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Forever I was told about gun control I should come up with a solution. Barfo constantly would ask me to stop complaining about it and just come up with a solution. Go figure the solution I had actually is a thing because new york did it which was being required to learn about mental health in school. Of course though I was laughed at. Meanwhile Dviss, barfo or any of the same complainers have never had any reasonable solution. Just constant crying and moaning.

^^^Dviss mentioning whining and saying its easy to bitch about something. When has this dude ever offered a solution? too busy talking about them white folk and accusing people of being racist, not addressing others counter points. It's all about him, it always has been. That's not how you have a dialogue but fuck it what do I know?

5. Cippy91

Hmm I don't know calling people dumbasses? then some of the mods wanna act like the personal insult rule is really a thing yet he gets away with shit all the time. The rules are constantly bent for him, I am not the only one that thinks it but fuck it yeah let him go crazy on here, it's all good. Attacking the post is one thing but when you call somebody a dumbass even though that wouldn't offend me, it's still a part of this magical insult rule that exists and shifts and shapes depending on the poster

calvin natt likes this.
  6. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

That has been a common theme for decades. Not saying this is Nate's point of view as he is too young to retire, but....

Person a: makes higher salary in field, spends it all without putting anything away, doesn't have a pension when they retire.

Person b: makes less in their field because they know they were hired with a pension as a benefit for when they retire.

Person a gets butthurt when they want to retire and see person b with a pension.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy and dviss1 like this.
  7. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Hmm, not sure your representation of my posting history is factual in every respect.

barfo

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I missed that post. Went back and edited it. I went back and read all his posts in this thread, that was the only insult. Just because we are mods doesn't mean we see everything. We miss stuff. That is why we have a report button. Stop making assumptions and push the button.

9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

So what does the state do when they go bankrupt trying to pay for PERS?

10. Cippy91

Uh huh

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  11. Natebishop3

Fuck that. You're supposed to be omnipotent and omnipresent.

SlyPokerDog, dviss1 and Chris Craig like this.
  12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Sigh...

Let the republicans (who have pretty much vowed to FUCK over public education via Betsy Devoss) fix it...

13. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

They do what they’ve always done; Rob Peter to pay Paul and/or raise taxes. That sucks but anyone who blames a PERS employee for the problem obviously hasn’t been paying attention (or just needs someone to blame to feel better). As a PERS retiree I NEVER (in any way, shape or form) asked or bargained for my pension. It was “forced” on me in lieu of a pay raise after my municipality (which did not have a retirement program at that time) belatedly realized they could no longer hire or retain quality employees at the stagnant wages they were paying. So they deliberately chose (what was then) the “easy” way out, i.e.; it cost them 5.2% (upfront) to pay our retirement rather than 6% (upfront) for a pay raise. Then, in order to minimize risk, they put limits of how public entities could invest those funds. Restrictions the PERS program was not bound by, so PERS had the freedom to bet (and win) big (which they did). In essence, they (and a lot of other public entities) tried to cheap it and fucked up. Please don’t ask me to feel guilt or shame for the 46% of my final salary I’m taking home after 35 years of municipal service. That dog won’t hunt. And blaming the Democrats for a Republican FUBAR won’t either.......

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  14. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

That's the thing. People see the belottis and ohsu doctors and think everyone is making out like bandits.

Kate Brown stated in a debate with Knute that the median PERS recipient takes home a pension that is in the mid 20's.

Tier 3 recipients (what todays new employee gets) is a far cry from tier 1 or 2.

When the tier 1's pass away, the problem will be greatly improved. Sad to say but true.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Fun fact, police, firefighters and judges earn PERS at 1.5% the rate of all other employees.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  16. Natebishop3

Who blamed PERS? I blame the people who have been in power for the past 30+ years for not making corrections.

17. Natebishop3

That's literally never going to happen. People will elect and re-elect democrats no matter how bad it gets. A Democrat could shoot someone and still probably get re-elected.

18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Here's 3 of those homeless/antifa/Dems we're supposed to feel sorry for. :cheers:

Booby trap on bike path in Portland injures bicyclist; 3 men arrested, police say

The three men responsible for setting the trap have been arrested.

A woman bicycling in Oregon's largest city was injured Friday after a booby trap was set up on a popular walking and bike path, which led to the arrest of three men, according to officials.

The Portland Police Department said in a news release that officers received a report around 10:53 p.m. of an injured person on the Interstate 205 Multi-Use Path, and arrived at the scene to find an injured woman.

During the investigation, officers learned that the woman was traveling north when she became "entangled and injured" by material that was strung across the path.

"As an officer canvassed the area, he located woven string that spanned the path just south of Southeast Division Street," police said.

[​IMG]
    Dakota E. Murphy, Antonio R. Tolman-Duran, and Justin J. Jones were arrested on charges of assault and reckless endangering. (Portland Police)

Officers in the area found three men who were believed to have positioned the woven string across the path. Justin J. Jones, 23, Antonio R. Tolman-Duran, 27, and Dakota E. Murphy, 21, were arrested and face charges of assault and reckless endangering. All three have since been released from jail.

The woman, who was riding the bike at the time, told FOX12 she was going downhill when next thing she knew the strings wrapped around her eyes, chin, and neck.

“It like hot and I could actually feel the pieces unraveling across my face,” Carlene Ostedgaard said.

Ostedgaard told FOX 12 she knew right away to put her head down and let her helmet protect her, and she managed to stay upright on her bike and not fall.

[​IMG]
    Carlene Ostedgaard said after encountering the string, she put her head down and let her helmet protect her, managing to stay upright. (FOX12)

“I was crying, it was like this feeling of sadness and despair that like human beings would do this," she said. “But then upon reflection, it’s like there are a lot of hurt people and I just happened to be the one in the way.”

Other cyclists who use the path told FOX12 they're always on the lookout because the incident on Friday was not the first time they had heard of people setting traps along the route.

“This is kind of just the reality of riding the multi-use paths around here,” cyclist Rob Dolan said.

Portland Police have asked the public to notify the department or the park rangers to investigate if they spot any safety hazards on a bike path.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/booby-tr...-injuries-bicyclist-3-men-arrested-police-say

19. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Any hints on why this post is in this thread?