Dennis Wise Time needs time Leeds!

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by dycdan, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

I agree with Wise. The problem is Leeds are a team full of old footballers. They have lost their legs, desire to win and lets face it their ambition. I mean, they're all at the end of their careers. Blackie did the right thing when he started at Leeds. Having inherited a squad that consisted of Gary Kelly, he had to get bodies in quick. So he hired experienced players who knew the division. They helped us stabilise the club and create a foundation to build on. The problem is, that was 2 years ago, and the players were old then. Now they're just relics. Sully, Butler, Stone, Crainey, Horsefield, Gregan? Christ. They must have an average age of 38 or something. I'm confident Pappa Smurf has held back a few quid for the new manager, having not spent a stitch pre-season. Wise just needs time to bring in a few new faces and pretty much build a new team. I'm confident he'll get it right. It just means Leeds have to write off this season as a transitional period but hey, they're not going down. No matter how much the papers play it up. [​IMG]

2. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I agree, I don't think there's any quick fix to our predicament. As for last night, well lets give Preston credit for being a good, vibrant team, they're also on top of their game and full of confidence. Even the best of managers would have struggled to get Leeds a result last night and, to be honest, even if we were on top of the league on a long unbeaten streak, an away match at Preston is not something I'd take for granted that we'd win.

In the short team, I hope Barnsley (no disrespect) lose at Derby tonight, keeping us out of the bottom three and that we can go to Oakwell on Saturday and get something out of that fixture. It's important that the fans get behind the team, and if we could go for a few games now, unbeaten and with out shipping goals a bit of confidence will return, which is something we don't have a lot of just now.

In the longer term, changes need to be made in the transfer window otherwise we're in big doo-doo. Where the cash for that comes from, I'm not sure. We've got some off Chelski and there's also the option of selling Kilgallon, loathed as I am to suggest that.

Bring on Saturday, come on LEEDS!!!!

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Global *********

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I agree with Wise. The problem is Leeds are a team full of old footballers. They have lost their legs, desire to win and lets face it their ambition. I mean, they're all at the end of their careers. Blackie did the right thing when he started at Leeds. Having inherited a squad that consisted of Gary Kelly, he had to get bodies in quick. So he hired experienced players who knew the division. They helped us stabilise the club and create a foundation to build on. The problem is, that was 2 years ago, and the players were old then. Now they're just relics. Sully, Butler, Stone, Crainey, Horsefield, Gregan? Christ. They must have an average age of 38 or something. I'm confident Pappa Smurf has held back a few quid for the new manager, having not spent a stitch pre-season. Wise just needs time to bring in a few new faces and pretty much build a new team. I'm confident he'll get it right. It just means Leeds have to write off this season as a transitional period but hey, <font color=""Black""><font color=""Red""> they're not going down.No matter how much the papers play it up. [​IMG]</font></font>
    </div>

Oh dear oh dear

Looks like they are doomed!

4. incandecio

incandecio DYC Reading for Europe

trust, they are going down, they are reaching the point of no return

5. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

They seemed to have done a Notts Forest. Been up the top end of EPL/Old D1 for ages then just lost it and slipped some leagues. I think Leed's will go down unless they pull off a miracle and actually start playing well!!!!