Denver-T'Wolves-Game-4!

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Melo-#15, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cArMeLo15:</div><div class="quote_post">Bzdelik didn't even call a timeout. He just ran the open offence for the last play which was a bad move IMO.</div>Yea they did. After Spreewell missed two free throws, they secured the rebound and set up that final play. I was suprised that he put the ball in Miller's hand.

2. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

Sprewell talks too much. Barry should have socked him in the face.

3. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Yugoslavia:</div><div class="quote_post">Sprewell talks too much. Barry should have socked him in the face.</div>

Your right, i just watched sportscenter highlights n spree did mouth off quite abit.. but denver had it comin the way they were talkin it up in the media. Im glad wolves left it for the court.. I think all the mouthing off is great, it ends up in agressive hard fought basketball games.. though this game was a little ugly to watch it was great competition. Hopefully wolves close this one out coz they made a statement that the would 2nite..

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">I think its because of them playing in the Mile High City. The big three during the regular season had some of their worst games playing in Denver. I think that it just happen to laps over to the playoffs with the execption of KG. I want to see how Sam Cassell & Spree perform on friday. 1) because they need to end this series. I dont think they wont to go back to Denver after the stunt Spree pulled. 2) the Wolves are only going to go as far as the big three takes them.</div>

Yea I was thinking that too, KG seemed like he was dead when they were asking him questions after the game, it was like he couldn't even breathe.

5. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Watching Melo's fall was scary. Good thing he was able to come back but shot horribly. The TWolves should advance to the next round for the first time. If they don't, I don't know whats gonna happen. I said the TWolves would finally get pass the first round like many others, but the fact they haven't yet still gets to me and the Nuggets might pull off a 94 against the Sonics. Cyke!

6. Melo-#15

Melo-#15 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 30 standing ver:</div><div class="quote_post">Watching Melo's fall was scary. Good thing he was able to come back but shot horribly. The TWolves should advance to the next round for the first time. If they don't, I don't know whats gonna happen. I said the TWolves would finally get pass the first round like many others, but the fact they haven't yet still gets to me and the Nuggets might pull off a 94 against the Sonics. Cyke!</div>

No..You have won the series..There is NO WAY on this PLANET..That we can win 3 STARIGHT games against your team..NO WAY at all..This season is done..Lets just look forward to next season...We may be sad..But with a play-off experience...And some keyt moves in the off-season..This team can come back stronger...I think if we do make the right moves..We could come in at 5 or 6th place next season!

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cArMeLo15:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, the Wolves were very lucky that Carmelo had a bad game, or the result would've been different.</div>

That happened by design. Hassell shut him down to 2pts. (on one dunk). Hassell has continuously done that to Melo. Melo needs to add more dimensions to his game. Jordan told him that when they clinched, specifically told him THAT when he clinched. It's the West, and every team will play here. If the Wolves win of Friday, the series is won 4 - 1. Like Cassell was saying, you win 11 games, and have one bad loss, I'll take that ANYTIME. The Wolves have put into perspective that a "W" is a "W".
    And all the crap the Nuggets were talking (and still talking) in the media since that game they won, Spree was emotional and it's the playoffs, if you don't know how intense they can get, watch some Bulls-Knicks series. How about some Knicks - Heat.
    Rudeezy - What's this about? "Well Minesota closed this one out in the end, barely. I am getting sick of watching this Timberwolves team. They are barely getting by the 8th seeded team and they think they are champions already. They are a bunch of cocky SOB's and I hope the Kings humble them in the next round." People talk trash on the court ALL OF THE TIME. The Wolves don't see themselves as champions yet and from what has been said, let their game talk on the court. Is this cocky?

8. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Yugoslavia:</div><div class="quote_post">Sprewell talks too much. Barry should have socked him in the face.</div>

Trust me, Jon Barry isnt that stupid. Sprewell aint just going to let him punch him in his face. For every action there would be a reaction. And trust me if barry would took any action besides talking to Spree, Spree would have came with a big reaction. Remember this is the same guy who went after tyrone Corbin(Think it was?) with a 2 by 4 in the parking lot outside an arena. And we all saw what happen to Coach PJ.

9. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

spreewell missed two free throws then proceeds to mock the denver bench, i don't get it. they are the #1 seed and they almost lost to denver 2 straight and spreewell has the audacity to talk trash. too bad the nuggets are cowards they should hit him so hard that he got flashbacks of golden state. i used to be a spreewell fan until last night, i was disgusted, i think these guys are going to get swept next series with the spurs. and another thing, kg needs to calm down he's playing too hyper, i think the nuggets might win the next game. by the way, what's up with wally world and those shades in denver? this dude is vain or he might of got punched out by a teammate.

10. Sabretooth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">spreewell missed two free throws then proceeds to mock the denver bench, i don't get it. they are the #1 seed and they almost lost to denver 2 straight and spreewell has the audacity to talk trash. too bad the nuggets are cowards they should hit him so hard that he got flashbacks of golden state. i used to be a spreewell fan until last night, i was disgusted, i think these guys are going to get swept next series with the spurs. and another thing, kg needs to calm down he's playing too hyper, i think the nuggets might win the next game. by the way, what's up with wally world and those shades in denver? this dude is vain or he might of got punched out by a teammate.</div>

1 - They wouldn't meet the Spurs until the Western Conf. Finals.

2 - Every team in the West has showed that they can beat ANYBODY, but at this time the Wolves are up 3 - 1. I believe everyone expected the Nuggets to win a game or two, so they did. It's not about seeding, it's about matchups.

3 - To not be a Spree fan because of what happened last night means you never were a Spree fan. He's always been feisty and talked alot of trash. Which Spree have you been watching?

11. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

are u defending spreewell? u can be competive and display a desire to win but his actions were infantile. thats what high school kids do. his skill level has substainally declined since he got to the finals with new york, since then he's more of a punk than an elite athlete. plus, i agree its about matchups more than seeding in the nba as witnessed by the lakers and rockets but denver clearly is overmatched talent wise in the west. and as for the wolves they are going out in five games to the kings. i hope peja exposes spreewell

12. Sabretooth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">i hope peja exposes spreewell</div>

As what? A defensive liability? Spree wouldn't guard Peja unless Hassell (who has kept Peja shooting 16 - 46 in the last 3 games) was in foul trouble. And Spree can "D". Offensively? That's not Peja's game. He has been known to make key stops at the right time, but not for a full game.

13. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Rudeezy - What's this about? "Well Minesota closed this one out in the end, barely. I am getting sick of watching this Timberwolves team. They are barely getting by the 8th seeded team and they think they are champions already. They are a bunch of cocky SOB's and I hope the Kings humble them in the next round." People talk trash on the court ALL OF THE TIME. The Wolves don't see themselves as champions yet and from what has been said, let their game talk on the court. Is this cocky?</div>What you said it is not cocky.

I am just tired of seeing the Wolves talk to the media like they are some great team. Did you hear Garnett after the game? "We played like crap and we still beat them." How disrespectful is that? Spreewell is just a classless player and I will never root for a guy like that.

14. Emo

Emo Active Member

I didn't watch the Timberwolves/Nuggets game last night, but as I tuned in to ESPNEWS this morning, I saw the game was 0.00 and he was up in Jon Barry's face? How classless, moronic, and disrespectful is that?? For one thing...I'm not a Sprewell fan. And I never would be since that whole incident in Golden State. This is the same team that hasn't gotten past the first round in seven years and they think they can just run over other quality teams in the Western Conference? Unbelieveable.

15. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't watch the Timberwolves/Nuggets game last night, but as I tuned in to ESPNEWS this morning, I saw the game was 0.00 and he was up in Jon Barry's face? How classless, moronic, and disrespectful is that?? For one thing...I'm not a Sprewell fan. And I never would be since that whole incident in Golden State. This is the same team that hasn't gotten past the first round in seven years and they think they can just run over other quality teams in the Western Conference? Unbelieveable.</div>

Are you serious? A Laker fan talking about class. So I guess Gary Payton trying to eat speedy was full of class. I guess Gary Payton waiting in the Parking lot to fight a coach that about 100 years old was full of class. I guess Shaq swearing on tv after every Laker loss is full of class. Rick Fox getting in Doug Christie face, but getting his jaw rocked,was full of class. If only every player had the class of the Lakers [​IMG]

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you serious? A Laker fan talking about class. So I guess Gary Payton trying to eat speedy was full of class. I guess Gary Payton waiting in the Parking lot to fight a coach that about 100 years old was full of class. I guess Shaq swearing on tv after every Laker loss is full of class. Rick Fox getting in Doug Christie face, but getting his jaw rocked,was full of class. If only every player had the class of the Lakers [​IMG]</div>

This isn't about the Lakers is it? Always trying to put the Lakers on everybody's number one priority hate list. This is about Sprewell's antics during Game 4 yesterday night. Stick with the subject and don't try to twist things.

17. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">This isn't about the Lakers is it? Always trying to put the Lakers on everybody's number one priority hate list. This is about Sprewell's antics during Game 4 yesterday night. Stick with the subject and don't try to twist things.</div>

You act like you never seen a classless act before by players. But your a laker fan. Do you get as shocked over their classless acts as you did Spree's act?

18. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">You act like you never seen a classless act before by players. But your a laker fan. Do you get as shocked over their classless acts as you did Spree's act?</div>

Oh trust me I've seen a ton of classless acts made by NBA players. But what does that have to do with me being a Laker fan?? And of course I'd get shocked if one of my players does classless acts and I'd be the first to come in here and slam them for it. What Sprewell did was selfish, embarrassing, and pathetic. But hey, we're used to seeing this behavior right? I'm sure you remember what he did to Carliesmo back when he was a Golden State Warrior. I don't know if Spree is one of your favorite players, but please don't try to throw that out by putting the Lakers in the picture. It's stupid.

19. Sabretooth

For Rudeezy, for Laker Fever.

1 - Your confusing Sprewell for the organization. Spree joined the franchise that was struggling, but he is his own person. Spree has ALWAYS been this way. You got the third Basham Brother in his face after the game, so what's he supposed to do? He was jawing, yes, and who doesn't in the playoffs. Would you rather we have a bunch of Rasho's running around who score and say "Mission Completed" in a robotic voice? Anyone who remembers the Knicks-Heat, Bulls-Pacers, Bulls-Knicks, know that things get testy in the playoffs. If you don't like guys getting competitive and angry, BUT WAS THERE BLOWS THROWN, go watch the WNBA. Hey, you got next. Also, you guys talk of cocky attitudes. If you don't believe your the Sh$T, you are NOT going to get the chip. Of all the crap that's been said, you guys jump on this? That's ridiculous. Melo's saying the franchise will practically crumble if they beat us. Barry's talking all kinds of stuff to their media. Spree says we'll settle it on the court, and did.

2 - LakerFever, your placing Spree with the franchise that never made it out of the first round, which is not on the subject either, but when your beloved Lakers are brought up, your like don't bring that up. I can't believe how everyone is sooooooo offended that this happened. I've seen pre-season games that haven't gotten this kind of response that has had blows thrown (Kings - Lakers).

20. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh trust me I've seen a ton of classless acts made by NBA players. But what does that have to do with me being a Laker fan?? And of course I'd get shocked if one of my players does classless acts and I'd be the first to come in here and slam them for it. What Sprewell did was selfish, embarrassing, and pathetic. But hey, we're used to seeing this behavior right? I'm sure you remember what he did to Carliesmo back when he was a Golden State Warrior. I don't know if Spree is one of your favorite players, but please don't try to throw that out by putting the Lakers in the picture. It's stupid.</div>

The reason why Iam defending Spree not because he is one of my favorite players. But because I know the reason why people are saying Spree is classless is mainly for the incident that happened with PJ. And not really for what happened last night with Jon Barry.

Everytime Spree does something people always include the conflict from 98'. Its like people cant get it out of their minds, so they use that as a way to judge Spree's overall character. He made a mistake. And payed for his mistake by sitting out a year from basketball.

And the reason why I throw the Lakers into is because if someone says Kobe cheated on his wife or gary payton try to fight a coach,they are is classless. Laker Fans are ready to go off the chain. And they want to talk about how they just made mistake. And we shouldnt judge Kobe or GP's character off a few incidents. Well the same should apply for all players,not just Lakers.

Laker Fans should relate the most when they see non-Laker players make mistakes or show a few character flaws. And they should know not to be so quick to judge.