Denver-T'Wolves-Game-4!

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Melo-#15, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">The reason why Iam defending Spree not because he is one of my favorite players. But because I know the reason why people are saying Spree is classless is mainly for the incident that happened with PJ. And not really for what happened last night with Jon Barry.</div>

What happened with the Carliesmo incident and last night's incident were both classless acts. If the clock says 0.00 in a playoff game, you don't go directly to a person's face and start talking trash. Show some class and talk all the trash you want in the visiting locker room. Doing what Spree committed just tarnishes his reputation even more, and he'd lose a lot of respect from coaches and who knows, even his TWolves teammates.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Everytime Spree does something people always include the conflict from 98'. Its like people cant get it out of their minds, so they use that as a way to judge Spree's overall character. He made a mistake. And payed for his mistake by sitting out a year from basketball.</div>

What Spree did in '98 was a mistake?? Ok Henacy, going after your coach and nearly choking him is a mistake? It was intentional. Give me a break with all that crap. If he didn't mean to do it, he never would've layed hands on the man in the first place.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">And the reason why I throw the Lakers into is because if someone says Kobe cheated on his wife or gary payton try to fight a coach,they are is classless. Laker Fans are ready to go off the chain. And they want to talk about how they just made mistake. And we shouldnt judge Kobe or GP's character off a few incidents. Well the same should apply for all players,not just Lakers.</div>

Listen, I've already criticized Kobe and Gary for their actions. I'm not one of these blind, biased, sugarcoated Laker fans. If one of my players does something unacceptable, I'd be the first to slam them.

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">

What Spree did in '98 was a mistake?? Ok Henacy, going after your coach and nearly choking him is a mistake? It was intentional. Give me a break with all that crap. If he didn't mean to do it, he never would've layed hands on the man in the first place.
    </div>

I didnt mean a mistake as in it wasnt intential. Everybody knows he meant to do it. He left the court & came back to attack PJ again, so of course he meant his actions. I mean, he made a judgement mistake.

BTW, Spree didnt lose any respect from his teammates. They understand Spree can sometimes go over board in the heat of the action.

I have a question is J.Kidd classless? is kobe classless?

If their incidents dont make them classless then neither does Sprewell's imo.

3. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

What spree displayed was bad sportsmanship, from my understanding...i agree that Spree gets a bit more heat due to his reputation, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that he displayed poor judgement (once again).

Classless acts by other players don't justify Spree's actions...

Kobe and Kidd were more classless in fact, because they were off the court...however, I don't think LAker_fever ever defended cheating or beating your wife...

4. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">What spree displayed was bad sportsmanship, from my understanding...i agree that Spree gets a bit more heat due to his reputation, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that he displayed poor judgement (once again).

Classless acts by other players don't justify Spree's actions...

Kobe and Kidd were more classless in fact, because they were off the court...however, I don't think LAker_fever ever defended cheating or beating your wife...</div>

I agree Sprewell's judgements are poor at times. But you cant judge his overall character(like people have been doing in this thread) because of a few poor judgements associated with basketball.

I never said that LAKER_Fever is defending kobe or kidd. I was just wondering if he thinks they are classless because of their one or two incidents.

My point is you cant judge a person because of a few incidents. If you could that would make 90% of the NBA classless.

BTW, I never said I agreed with what Spree did. But I can understand where his emotions were at after reading comments from Denver players like "If we beat them they should just shut down their franchise". Spree's emotions at the end of the game were basically saying if your going to run your mouth about shutting us down. You better do it with a victory because we just shut you down on your home court.

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Spree acted classless. He was totally in the wrong because he deliberately went in front of the Nuggets bench even thought the exit was at the other end. He and Cassell are a perfect match.

6. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

the point is, Denver was talking trash and showboating. They didn't back it up, and Spree wanted to make sure they stop their cocky ass bullshit. One game never equals a series, but Denver seemed to think it did.

Not that Sprewell was totally innocent, but its not like Denver was a bunch of saints and big bad evil Latrell Sprewell comes in and corrupts the Nuggets' innocent young minds with horrible images and ideas.

7. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">Spree acted classless. He was totally in the wrong because he deliberately went in front of the Nuggets bench even thought the exit was at the other end. He and Cassell are a perfect match.</div>

Cassell actually broke up the incident. And please keep my boy name out your mouth, he did nothing wrong in this situation. Name one out right classless act Sam Cassell have ever done? You cant, so leave him alone.

8. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

How about whining about every call? I was not referring to the specific incident. Watch "your boy" as an objective viewer, not a fan, and count how many times he whines to an official. Also note how many times he ever admits that either the official was correct or that he actually may have done something wrong. Then determine if he has class or is classless.

9. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">How about whining about every call? I was not referring to the specific incident. Watch "your boy" as an objective viewer, not a fan, and count how many times he whines to an official. Also note how many times he ever admits that either the official was correct or that he actually may have done something wrong. Then determine if he has class or is classless.</div>

So now talking to officials make you classless?

So Dikembe classless,Divac classless, AI classless the list goes on.

10. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">I have a question is J.Kidd classless? is kobe classless?

If their incidents dont make them classless then neither does Sprewell's imo.</div>

See, now you're taking this beyond the subject. These were committed outside of the basketball court. The actions that Sprewell committed were made and witnessed to NBA fans on the basketball court for everybody to see.

11. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

so rape is ok as long as it isnt in public?

12. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">are u defending spreewell? u can be competive and display a desire to win but his actions were infantile. thats what high school kids do. his skill level has substainally declined since he got to the finals with new york, since then he's more of a punk than an elite athlete.</div>

Okay.. my friggin name on this board is Spree so i know you will call my bias. However thats beside the point seeings how im in a nuggets forum i can predict who your all chanting for...

How can you call this guy a punk when he actually had the nerve to stand up to the bench when a crowd like that are barking at him.. thats not classless.. thats priding himself on a big win. good luck to him.. its just funny that you choose not to acknowledge the ammount of trash barry n the nuggets have been saying in the media.. to talk up trash and be down 3-1.. i think thats more of a crime than yelling at the bench after a big win.. hey like hennesy said.. this is playoff basketball, its only gunna get worse so why is it such a big deal. And i have to laugh when people like Laker Fever want to speak about class and sportsmanship.. pfft.. dont even go there. Im not saying spree is a saint because hes far from it, hes done his fair share of crap in this league.. but how about deception also saying his skill has dropped since he got to the finals in 99 with new york yet he was an all star a season or two later? hes had a great season playing alongside KG and cassel and still had resonably good numbers for a 33 year old.. hes had a great series against the nuggets and im not saying its right but its certainly not wrong to be g'd up post game 4.. neways.. cuss back at me all you want.. all i hope is that spree n the wolves take it out in game 5 coz he public enemy number 1 in the mile high city right now..

13. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KG is the MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">so rape is ok as long as it isnt in public?</div>

I never said that. What Kidd and Bryant did was very classless and unacceptable, but Sprewell's actions last night and his behaviorial problems in the past have now made him a target and a public enemy. Plus he did all this on national television, so he's allowing to give the NBA fans, opposing coaches, and the media to take shots at him to why everybody shouldn't respect him.

14. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">See, now you're taking this beyond the subject. These were committed outside of the basketball court. The actions that Sprewell committed were made and witnessed to NBA fans on the basketball court for everybody to see.</div>

My point is if you dont want your favorite player to be judged as classless for their mistakes. Why judge other players around the league for their mistakes?

15. jbbSpree

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">I never said that. What Kidd and Bryant did was very classless and unacceptable, but Sprewell's actions last night and his behaviorial problems in the past have now made him a target and a public enemy. Plus he did all this on national television, so he's allowing to give the NBA fans, opposing coaches, and the media to take shots at him to why everybody shouldn't respect him.</div>

OMG ENOUGH WITH THIS STUPID TOPIC!! somone shut it down.. Big deal, spree yelled.. WHO CARES.. KOBE IS UP FOR RAPE.. RAPE.. RAPE!! RAPE!!! RAPE!!.. HE HAS A WIFE!!.. get over it.. spree has redeemed his image by being an aggressive competitor.. didn't u ever c that american dream commercial? its long gone.. u should worry about the heat of the moment.. Kobe is being convicted of raping a young woman.. has the cookie crumbled for you yet??

16. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">For Rudeezy,

1 - Your confusing Sprewell for the organization. Spree joined the franchise that was struggling, but he is his own person. Spree has ALWAYS been this way.</div> I am not stupid. I am aware of this. I didn't start hating Spreewell when he went to the Wolves, I have always hated him.[​IMG]
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> You got the third Basham Brother in his face after the game, so what's he supposed to do? He was jawing, yes, and who doesn't in the playoffs. Would you rather we have a bunch of Rasho's running around who score and say "Mission Completed" in a robotic voice? </div>Give me a break. He was gloating after the Nuggets failed to score when he had just missed two important free throws that could have lost them the game. Instead of acting like a classless prick, he should have been relieved and headed to the locker room.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Anyone who remembers the Knicks-Heat, Bulls-Pacers, Bulls-Knicks, know that things get testy in the playoffs. </div> That is why I love playoff basketball. This has nothing to do with what Spreewell did.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If you don't like guys getting competitive and angry, BUT WAS THERE BLOWS THROWN, go watch the WNBA. Hey, you got next.</div>Now you're just talking stupid. Spreewell started gloating in front of the Nuggets bench and the Barry took offense to that, as he should have. Why don't you start seeing it as it is instead of being a typical biased fan.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Also, you guys talk of cocky attitudes. If you don't believe your the Sh$T, you are NOT going to get the chip. </div>Tell that to the Spurs smart guy.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Of all the crap that's been said, you guys jump on this? That's ridiculous. Melo's saying the franchise will practically crumble if they beat us. Barry's talking all kinds of stuff to their media. Spree says we'll settle it on the court, and did. </div>Yes he did but you don't rub it in like that. It is classless, no other way to put it. You just beat them and they are obviously demoralized by this loss at home and what Spreewell did was uncalled for. I'm just calling it like I see it.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Spree:</div><div class="quote_post">OMG ENOUGH WITH THIS STUPID TOPIC!! somone shut it down.. Big deal, spree yelled.. WHO CARES.. KOBE IS UP FOR RAPE.. RAPE.. RAPE!! RAPE!!! RAPE!!.. HE HAS A WIFE!!.. get over it.. spree has redeemed his image by being an aggressive competitor.. didn't u ever c that american dream commercial? its long gone.. u should worry about the heat of the moment.. Kobe is being convicted of raping a young woman.. has the cookie crumbled for you yet??</div>If you don't want to discuss this topic in a mature manner than get the hell out of here.

17. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Spree:</div><div class="quote_post">OMG ENOUGH WITH THIS STUPID TOPIC!! somone shut it down.. Big deal, spree yelled.. WHO CARES.. KOBE IS UP FOR RAPE.. RAPE.. RAPE!! RAPE!!! RAPE!!.. HE HAS A WIFE!!.. get over it.. spree has redeemed his image by being an aggressive competitor.. didn't u ever c that american dream commercial? its long gone.. u should worry about the heat of the moment.. Kobe is being convicted of raping a young woman.. has the cookie crumbled for you yet??</div>If you don't want to discuss this topic in a mature manner than get the hell out of here.

18. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm disappointed that the Nuggets lost game 4 and by the way Melo played and shot 1 for 16 and acted like he didn't care of the series. He came out early in the game and played like he was satisfied with the team's Game 3 win instead of focusing on to win Game 4. Unlike his teammates who played hard in that game, Melo has got a lot to learn. If Melo somehow makes it for Game 5 and plays well and the team doesn't give in and keeps their intensity, there is a good chance they'll win Game 5 in Minnesotta. But I predict they'll lose again in Denver in Game 6... making the series 4-2 for the Wolves.

19. jbbSpree

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">If you don't want to discuss this topic in a mature manner than get the hell out of here.</div>

Your right, i will stop talking silly.. At the end of the day the twolves are up 3-1 and are going to close this series out so bicker all you want.. doesn't matter how much you complain about class, morals and trash talk, the twolves won the game, are going to win this series in game 5 and get the job done. The chicken nuggets are gunna get eaten by the wolves, and arrogance (which is what i like to substitute for confidence) is what will make this team such competitive contenders..

20. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I am not stupid. I am aware of this. I didn't start hating Spreewell when he went to the Wolves, I have always hated him.[​IMG]</div>
    Well that's different. [​IMG]
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Now you're just talking stupid. Spreewell started gloating in front of the Nuggets bench and the Barry took offense to that, as he should have. Why don't you start seeing it as it is instead of being a typical biased fan.</div>
    I never said he was a saint, but after seeing all of this over something that happens almost every game in the playoffs. It gets rather annoying.[/QUOTE]
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tell that to the Spurs smart guy.</div>
    You don't believe the Spurs think they are the sh$t? Like I said, it probably could have been done in a better manner. I saw that Cassell and KG were happy with the win and KG did a little jawing too, but while on his way to the tunnel. Spree should have done the same. I wouldn't consider it classless, just stupid.