Denver-T'Wolves-Game-4!

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Melo-#15, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Spree:</div><div class="quote_post">Your right, i will stop talking silly.. At the end of the day the twolves are up 3-1 and are going to close this series out so bicker all you want.. doesn't matter how much you complain about class, morals and trash talk, the twolves won the game, are going to win this series in game 5 and get the job done. The chicken nuggets are gunna get eaten by the wolves, and arrogance (which is what i like to substitute for confidence) is what will make this team such competitive contenders..</div>haha...yea, real mature.[​IMG]

And just so you know, I'm not a Nuggets fan. I was simply commenting on my thoughts on Spreewell.[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">

I never said he was a saint, but after seeing all of this over something that happens almost every game in the playoffs. It gets rather annoying.</div>See this is where you are wrong. This DOESN'T happen in every other playoff series. I haven't seen one other game this year where a player gloats right in front of the opposing teams bench right after a victory, especially after missing two key free throws. I don't know what games you are watching.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't believe the Spurs think they are the sh$t? </div>Again, this is a totally different issue. Yes I think the Spurs are confident but do you see them going around and acting like classless punks after they handled their business against the Grizz with a sweep? No because that is what it is to them, a business. They did what they were expected to do, win. The same should go to the Wolves, Spreewell is acting as if they are the underdogs.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Like I said, it probably could have been done in a better manner. I saw that Cassell and KG were happy with the win and KG did a little jawing too, but while on his way to the tunnel. Spree should have done the same. I wouldn't consider it classless, just stupid.</div>Atleast you are admitting that what he did was stupid AND classless. I guess I'll be content with that.[​IMG]

2. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">

See this is where you are wrong. This DOESN'T happen in every other playoff series. I haven't seen one other game this year where a player gloats right in front of the opposing teams bench right after a victory, especially after missing two key free throws. I don't know what games you are watching.</div>
    What I mean is things get testy and people do alot of talking, this happens every year. EVERY YEAR. It just happens to be us this time. He missed game clinchers, and they STILL couldn't capitalize, that's why he was talking.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Again, this is a totally different issue. Yes I think the Spurs are confident but do you see them going around and acting like classless punks after they handled their business against the Grizz with a sweep? No because that is what it is to them, a business. They did what they were expected to do, win. The same should go to the Wolves, Spreewell is acting as if they are the underdogs.</div>
    Jon Barry does the choking gesture after the missed free-throws. Is this not classless? Instead of doing it to a specific player, he practically did it to the team, and Barry took exception to it. I'm sick of the argument of seeding. This sport is played by men who have eatned the right to be in the playoffs. They haven't won as many games as the Wolves, but they can play the game. These guys have run their mouth off since their single victory, and even in the papers today. This is ridiculous. You need to look at the whole of the situation and not just a part. We've been getting excessive contact in what could be considered flagrant fouls alot in this series (on court), being constantly trashed by nimrod reports of "low blows" during the game and a failing franchise (off court), and Spree does something I think was the smartest thing by mouthing off on the road and you guys crucify him. Also, look at the whole situation instead of hating Spree and every thing he does.

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Barry seems to be acting up, you're right, being a baby and all. Luckily you have class acts like Miller, 'Melo and Leonard with you. I think you really need to rely on Leonard to go far, 6/6 from beyond the arc, damn. It just had to be given to Boykins at the end. Geez.

You guys need to relax, your team is too tense and trying too hard. Just put on a show and try your best, since you won't be winning it this year, do it for the fans instead. I'm sorry to say I hope they lose the next game, I don't want such a talented well deserving and nice guy team, excluding Camby for obvious reasons [​IMG] as the Nuggets to win anymore, till they can win a championship which'll be in like 1 or 2 seasons.

4. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">Barry seems to be acting up, you're right, being a baby and all. Luckily you have class acts like Miller, 'Melo and Leonard with you. </div>Give me a break. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys need to relax, your team is too tense and trying too hard. Just put on a show and try your best, since you won't be winning it this year, do it for the fans instead.</div>Again, give me a break.[​IMG]

Sabretooth- There is no use to continue arguing or debating this issue. We both clearly have two different definations of class. I say we just agree that we disagree.[​IMG]

5. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sabretooth- There is no use to continue arguing or debating this issue. We both clearly have two different definations of class. I say we just agree that we disagree.[​IMG] </div>

Agreed. I think we have the same view of class, but see this situation in different hues. My thing is this, individuality (is portions) shouldn't be viewed as a negative. Of course he could've handled that in a with more "class", but what he did is who he is. Fiery, feisty, and talkative. He's never going to be Jordanesque in giving credit to the team all of the time and being completely unselfish. But what about the percentage of people who <u>WANTED</u> Jordan to say...just once...."Hey, I'm Jordan".

6. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Back to the ballgame, Boykins jacking up two straight 3s? That's your offense? That's horrible. If it was Voshon, okay, but not Boykins. The game was there for the taking but unfortunately no execution at the end. How is it you have Nene taking jumpers from the perimeter with the shot clock winding down?

Run some picks for Voshon, run the pick and roll with Camby that got you the 3 point play at the end of the game. Too bad Miller could not finish, I thought he played pretty well and should have had the ball at the end of the game.

7. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">Too bad Miller could not finish, I thought he played pretty well and should have had the ball at the end of the game.</div>He did play well but the fact is that he is not as quick as Boykins and he proved it on that play. Boykins has been mr clutch for them all season, why change it up now?

8. JohnBarry

JohnBarry JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">
    If you don't want to discuss this topic in a mature manner than get the hell out of here.</div>

You are an idiot. Enjoy the fishing.

9. CarmellaTony

CarmellaTony JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">He did play well but the fact is that he is not as quick as Boykins and he proved it on that play. Boykins has been mr clutch for them all season, why change it up now?</div>

Yeah, it really doesn't matter now, because DENVER LOST. THEY ARE DONE. Maybe next season you can start complaining about the game and class. As for now, just sit back and watch the 'rest of the season..." :thumbsup: