Denver's Mike Miller has no plans to retire (yet)

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by truebluefan, Mar 4, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Denver Nuggets forward Mike Miller told CBS Sports Thursday that he's made no decisions about a potential retirement. Miller, 36, will be a free agent after this season, but has carved out a sizable place in Denver's rehabilitating locker room culture. Miller was plagued by injuries over the last five years of his career, but says he's finally feeling "fresh."

"To be honest with you, I feel fresher than I have in years, even though I'm getting older. I still love to practice, I still love to play, in the minutes I do, it's fun just to be around it. Right now I'm just kind of playing as long as they'll let me."

Miller is often seen talking with coach Michael Malone and has a long-standing relationship with GM Tim Connelly. Miller's only averaging eight minutes per game in just 40 contests this year as the Nuggets focus on developing their young talent, but his enthusiasm on the bench is infectious.

As for whether or not Miller is looking to join a coaching staff when he does decide to retire, it's definitely something he's interested in.

"It's something I've looked at. There are some things I think I can add, but right now I'm just happy to be around the guys and I think my voice has more impact in the locker room.

- See more at: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...envers-mike-miller-has-no-plans-to-retire-yet