Derek Fisher is a Warrior!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah we signed Fisher, it's not like we traded for him.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">That is a good analogy. The difference though is that Speedy is better than Bimbo Coles. nuff said.</div>

Speedy is definitely a better player than Coles ever was. He's more than capable of being the starting guard in the NBA and more importantly for the Warriors. I also think Fisher is better than BJ, but the situation is similar not talent wise but situational wise.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mister Jennings:</div><div class="quote_post">But Fisher's main attribute is a hard nosed, on the ball defender, I could post up and push around BJ armstrong, plus I feel like BJ didn't want to be here.</div>

Actually he did want to be with the Warriors. They were 1 of 4 teams on his list he asked to be traded to.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah we signed Fisher, it's not like we traded for him.</div>

This would be the major difference between the two circumstances.

3. Custodianrules2

See if a guy like Fisher wouldn't mind playing for the Warriors and Mullin understands what players want (financial gain, good coach, good teammates, etc), I think he will be the guy that can attract a major free agent if he manages his money better. [​IMG] We keep spending the MLE the way he did, it ain't happening. I think Mullin knows like everyone else knows that we aren't getting a true franchise worthy player like Garnett or Duncan or Yao through Free Agency. But if we can get good draft choices and pick up solid veterans. It's the next best thing. I'm not too worried. Not after last year when I doubted every cap clearing move that Mullin made. We lose 14 million off the books and we gain 14 million back on the books, I don't care. As long as we get the support structure in place and the Owner isn't afraid to lose money for once if we have to pay a luxury tax to keep the guys we want. I mean Bay area fans have filled his pockets for a decade and Cohan didn't deserve it. He made so much money for several lousy seasons, it should be an ultimatum to prove that he wants to win also. Be like Eddie D of the niners. Spend some money, dangit.

4. Mister Jennings

Mister Jennings JBB JustBBall Member

[/QUOTE]Actually he did want to be with the Warriors. They were 1 of 4 teams on his list he asked to be traded to.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

[quote name='Mister Jennings']<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually he did want to be with the Warriors. They were 1 of 4 teams on his list he asked to be traded to.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    BJ Armstrong had a list of teams he wanted to be traded to? That's surprising, it's not like he's Shaq.</div>

It had to do with Isiah Thomas respecting Armstrong and trying to deal him to a team he preferred to be with. BJ obviously was in no position to make trade demands.

6. Emo

Emo Active Member

[​IMG]

Have my eyes deceived me? [​IMG]

7. Custodianrules2

I know I couldn't believe it myself. Fisher is definitely the guy you want on your team so I am Happy he is here.

8. Custodianrules2

9. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Anyone catch Fisher on the Razor and Mr. T show? Tim Roye was on there but I missed the segment in which he talked about the Warriors.[​IMG]

He did say that we have little to no chance at ever getting Yao.

10. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone catch Fisher on the Razor and Mr. T show? Tim Roye was on there but I missed the segment in which he talked about the Warriors.[​IMG]

He did say that we have little to no chance at ever getting Yao.</div>
    We've got no chance in hell. Maybe Yao could help us out and will demand a trade here or threaten to walk for nothing. It would be a miracle if he was willing to do that though. I mean we got the right environment for him and it would be entirely his team.