DerMarr Johnson is now a Grizzlie!

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Voodoo Child, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

DerMarr is not that bad I think he'll make the roster.

2. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

There is NO way he makes the roster. This is the worst situation possible for him to go to. The Grizzlies are already too deep at SG/SF, he should have went to a team like the Lakers.

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

yea i dont think hell make it

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I believe that he will make the roster and Jerry West will trade away some of his PG's, SG's, and SF's. We can only wait and see though.

5. olskoolfunktitude

yea. i wonder if troy bell will stay with the team

6. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">yea. i wonder if troy bell will stay with the team</div>I doubt it. West loves Watson and Williams. And the Grizzlies also have Brevin Knight. Troy Bell just doesn't fit in anywhere on the team.

7. Truemaster14

West wont trade bell away unless he plays bad at SG in the regular season.

8. olskoolfunktitude

yea. bell is gonna be very good. but maybe not right away

9. Truemaster14

Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:

10. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">West wont trade bell away unless he plays bad at SG in the regular season.</div>Bell will play Shooting Guard during the Summer League, but I doubt that he will get any regular season play there. And if he does he'll be a third backup just like at point guard.

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.

12. pchotsauce twin

pchotsauce twin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

You make no sense, KOBE and TMAC both shot more shots than Allen Iverson. Hes better than anyone on the Grizzlies and is a top 10 player in the NBA. You need to quit the hate

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

AI forces a lot of shots because in his mind he feels he has a better chance of making it than passing it to a teammate who can't shoot. If AI had another consistent offensive threat on his team he would have a higher shooting % and wouldn't force 50 shots a game.

Saying Troy Bell will be the next AI is a huge compliment.

Back to the Demarr signing. Before he was injured, I thought Demarr would have a break out year for the Hawks and would be a strong MIP canidate. He reminds me of a young Doug Christie, and if he can get back to where he was a year ago, he will immediately help the Grizzlies with their defensive problems.

14. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce twin":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

You make no sense, KOBE and TMAC both shot more shots than Allen Iverson. Hes better than anyone on the Grizzlies and is a top 10 player in the NBA. You need to quit the hate</div>Quit hate? What exactly does "Quite hate" mean? And you tell me I make no sense, haha. I never said AI was worse than any Grizzlies or not in the top ten of the NBA. All I said is that Iverson needs 50 shots a game to be productive. Which is true. His team will get nowehere if he keep playing like that too.

15. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

AI forces a lot of shots because in his mind he feels he has a better chance of making it than passing it to a teammate who can't shoot. If AI had another consistent offensive threat on his team he would have a higher shooting % and wouldn't force 50 shots a game.

Saying Troy Bell will be the next AI is a huge compliment.

Back to the Demarr signing. Before he was injured, I thought Demarr would have a break out year for the Hawks and would be a strong MIP canidate. He reminds me of a young Doug Christie, and if he can get back to where he was a year ago, he will immediately help the Grizzlies with their defensive problems.</div>I don't care why AI shoots a million shots a game. If Keith Van Horn took as many shots as he did then I'm sure that he would be getting 30ppg. Saying Troy Bell will be the next AI is a compliment in some people's eyes, but not mine.

And I don't think DerMarr will crack the starting lineup on the Grizzlies.

16. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce twin":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

KOBE and TMAC both shot more shots than Allen Iverson</div>Kobe scores more taking just a few more shots and T-Mac takes way less shots per game.

17. pchotsauce twin

pchotsauce twin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce twin":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

KOBE and TMAC both shot more shots than Allen Iverson</div>Kobe scores more taking just a few more shots and T-Mac takes way less shots per game.</div>

<font color="green">Edit</font> Iverson passed more this season. He does not need to take 50 shots to be productive. What games are you watching???
    This past season Tmac's FG attempts per game is 24.2
    Kobe's 23.7. AI's23.5. Yeah AI's this an AI's that but where is the Grizzlies last MVP. Hes a great player and will be a top 50 of all time when its said and done and you will still be posting on this message board. I said you are quite a hater. sorry I left out the A

18. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce twin":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce twin":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">Bell is the next AI :mrgreen:</div>Oh no! I hope not. Allen Iverson is a hacker and he's not a good player to have on your team. He needs 50 shots a game to do anything productive in my opinion.</div>

KOBE and TMAC both shot more shots than Allen Iverson</div>Kobe scores more taking just a few more shots and T-Mac takes way less shots per game.</div>

<font color="green">Edit</font> Iverson passed more this season. He does not need to take 50 shots to be productive. What games are you watching???
    This past season Tmac's FG attempts per game is 24.2
    Kobe's 23.7. AI's23.5. Yeah AI's this an AI's that but where is the Grizzlies last MVP. Hes a great player and will be a top 50 of all time when its said and done and you will still be posting on this message board. I said you are quite a hater. sorry I left out the A</div>Okay, PC, I stand corrected. No need for insults though.