Details on CC's contract...

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by Petey, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

WFAN is reporting now there is an opt out after the 3rd year on CC's deal... ah... yes, on top of 160 million over 7 years.

So if he's crippled, he takes he Yankees money over 7 years. If he flourishes, his value shoots up, he opts out to sign a new deal like ARod did this year.

Yes. Cashman is getting bent over.

-Petey

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I doubt anyone will give him more money than 23 million over those final 4 seasons, at that age. At least, I hope not.

Maybe he'll opt out, crawl back to the Yanks, and get resigned for less? (Like they should have done to A-Rod)

3. Petey

If he wins 60 games, and the Yankees win a World Series, they would have no choice to give him a raise like they did for ARod (ARod's is more so for the HR Record).

His opt out leaves him only 31 years old.

-Petey

4. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

If he can't handle the pressure and sucks, I wonder if he'll stay and keep the money or take less to be in a more confortable situation. I'm sure 99% of players would keep the money but CC seems like one of the few who would take less to be happy.

5. Petey

If he stunk, he'll be moved, the Yankees will take on some of his contract... He's not worth 160 Million/ 7 years, but what if you could get him for 15M a year, over 4 years... like how the Rangers ate part of ARod's deal.

When ARod was trying to get traded to the Red Sox, he offered to shave some money off his deal (1st time I've heard a player do that in MLB), but the union (player's association) blocked it.

-Petey

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm not overly fond of the opt out at the end of the 3rd year. Would have been nice if they could have gotten some team options in there, but I doubt that he'd have accepted that. Any word on the no trade clause? I know they were going to try and iron out some details on that.

7. Petey

No, nothing on the WFAN about it yet.

-Petey