Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AdropOFvenom, Oct 3, 2006.

1. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moose87 @ Oct 7 2006, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tigers up 2-1!! :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2: :beerbang2:</div>What have the Scrubs done lately? :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger:

2. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 7 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>3 days to implode.Going to be a lot of finger pointing.</div>Guarantee A-Rod will get 90% of the blame.At least.

3. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Did I not say before the Playoffs started that the only team I was afraid of this post season was the Tigers? Yup.Fucking A-Rod. He'll look good in an Angels Uni.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCOF @ Oct 7 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 7 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>3 days to implode.Going to be a lot of finger pointing.</div>Guarantee A-Rod will get 90% of the blame.At least.</div>He is gonna get 90% of the blame, but lets not forget that Once again, Giambi, Sheffield, and Cano did absolutely nothing in a big spot also, and R. Johnson and Wright both had pretty bad starts. It's not just A-Rod that is the problem.

5. Jon_Vilma

Three Reasons The Yankees Lost:1. A-Rod.2. Chemistry. Adding Sheff and Matsui back was a bad idea. Should have kept Melky on the field.3. Torre. WTF was he thinking pitching Wright? Pitch Wang you idiot! He's had 3 days of rest!

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 7 2006, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Three Reasons The Yankees Lost:3. Torre. WTF was he thinking pitching Wright? Pitch Wang you idiot! He's had 3 days of rest!</div>The problem with pitching Wang is what do you do Game 5 then? Because of the Rainout, he would be only pitching Mussina on 2 days rest or pitching Jaret Wright with the season on the line anyways? He'd be better off pitching Wright and then Wang on full rest instead of Wang on short rest and then Wright anyways IMO. :whistling:

7. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Oct 8 2006, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 7 2006, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Three Reasons The Yankees Lost:3. Torre. WTF was he thinking pitching Wright? Pitch Wang you idiot! He's had 3 days of rest!</div>The problem with pitching Wang is what do you do Game 5 then? Because of the Rainout, he would be only pitching Mussina on 2 days rest or pitching Jaret Wright with the season on the line anyways? He'd be better off pitching Wright and then Wang on full rest instead of Wang on short rest and then Wright anyways IMO. :whistling:</div>You mean a game 5 that was back IN NY?!? That makes a ton of difference. Play your best players at away games if you can, save your Jaret Wright's for when you have the crutch of Home Field Advantage.When the series is on the line, you can't look to the future, you have to win the game in front of you first.

8. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If the Yankees do fire Torre, I would love the O's to get him.

9. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

GOOD BYE YANKEES!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!Is this the end for A-Rod?? I think it is.

10. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I pray Steinbrenner doesn't fire Torre. If he does this will be the dumbest move in sports history.If they do fire him, you know who they should hire to replace him? Here's a list.1. Tino Martinez2. Paul O'Neil3. Don Mattingly4. Joe GiradiWhy? They've been on the Yankees. They've played under Steinbrenner. They've played under the lights of New York. Perfect fit for the team.

11. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCOF @ Oct 8 2006, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I pray Steinbrenner doesn't fire Torre. If he does this will be the dumbest move in sports history.If they do fire him, you know who they should hire to replace him? Here's a list.1. Tino Martinez2. Paul O'Neil3. Don Mattingly4. Joe GiradiWhy? They've been on the Yankees. They've played under Steinbrenner. They've played under the lights of New York. Perfect fit for the team.</div>My list is actually...1) Joe Girardi2) Lee Mazzilli3) Don Mattingly4) Lou PinellaMartinez and O'Neill have no managerial experiance which is why I'd shy away from them with a team that doesnt have time for a manager to learn on the job. Only reason why I even listed Mattingly is because he seems to have been groomed to be a future Manager IMO.

12. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I hope the Cubs get Girardi before the Yankees do.

13. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Lee Mazzilli would be a nice replacement. If the O's had better players, he would have been fine with us.Plus, he already knows all the players.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 8 2006, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lee Mazzilli would be a nice replacement. If the O's had better players, he would have been fine with us.Plus, he already knows all the players.</div>Exactly, he was given no pitching to work with in Baltimore and then they Scapegoated him for not being able to have a winner despite not being given the players to succeed. I think he could be an extremely good coach though given the right situation like the Yankees would be though.

15. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

mazzili i havent thought about...i would want Girardi more but Mazzili is ok.