Devils v Rangers Game 6

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Greyvtrayn, Apr 28, 2023.

1. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Got to shoot high, with a little pressure in front. The Rangers way - this series, as most Rangers series do - was simply destined to go 7 games. We all should have known it. Up 2-0, down 3-2, doesn't matter - always going 7.

2. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

Great game by Igor, the Rangers win game 7 if they carry the physical play. Small quick teams hate getting hit. Let's Go Rangers!

3. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    I actually like their chances Monday. They know how to win these games, certainly more than NJ. Plus I have a feeling we are back to a big advantage in goal again.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They showed that Schmidt isn't super human. Get shots and guys around the net. Should be another classic game 7.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Not that I disagree with you but the Rangers always had the big advantage in goal. Rangers just couldn't figure out Schmid for 190 minutes or so.

6. NYR Fan

That's the thing though, and I am trying to guard against it. This is so Rangers - now everyone will say okay they solved the kid, huge edge in goal, huge edge in playoff and game 7 experience, how can the Devs rebound from game 6 - especially the goalie, they have never been through this, so it has to be tough. On and on. And that is when the Rangers usually lay an egg.

No doubt the Rangers can win, and Igor should be a big edge in goal, but I consider it total toss-up game I couldn't pick it with confidence.

7. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Yeah I hear you but this is nothing like last year vs Tampa who are just so difficult to beat in playoffs. Vas is like 11-5 in series to advance with an absurd 6 shutouts. Rangers are great in elimination gms a team like Tampa is better. Nothing is ever easy with this team but there’s a good chance the Devils play nervous again.

8. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I felt more confident about Game 7 in Carolina but Schmid has to be thinking a little more now. Get on top first and maybe he will crack some. The thing that differs is the Devils are kind of playing with house money in some ways even though they had 100 points, so that may make them looser and tougher in this spot.

9. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    What a fucking read this thread...too funny...

See what happens with your leader scores...

Onto game 7 this team has been through the wars and battle tested...see what the young Debbie's have inside them..will they shrink under the weight of a home game 7...

Can't wait till monday

10. Ranger71

Didn't see Kane much in the 3rd, did Gallant sit him?

11. NYR Fan

I agree with this. Felt more confident about Carolina game 7, and I also agree the Devs youth may be a plus here given they really have nothing to lose.

If they lose this series people say, great year, played way over expectations, arrow pointing up for them, they will learn a lot from this experience. All good stuff. Rangers lose, and it's a total collapse, team with vet stars coming up short, much better goalie and way more experience and lost, where does team go from here with some older vets (I don't buy the last one, because we still have a lot of youth, but they'll say it).

So from that POV alone, the Devs should be way looser, and are home. We have a lot of the other things in our corner. Again why either outcome will not surprise me even one drop. I can see either team winning, and truthfully I could see comfortable us if the kid goalie falters under pressure, and comfortable them if we cannot match their emotion - similar to game 5. Flip a coin 100% IMO.

I will say this though, I think either team beats the Canes, I have little doubt about that. Canes get a few extra days off, but outside of that I think it is good edge NJD/NYR, especially with the Canes missing multiple important players. That is why this series has me frustrated even more, win and we make the ECF again IMO.

12. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Not watching game 7 either. Seems to work better. Every time I turn the set on they fuck up and let in a goal. They get behind in NJ, they are in deep shit. Vali said at the beginning of game 3, the Devils goalie was weak as hell on his glove side. Only took them 4 games to figure it out. Smh.

13. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Another 8pm start which means they won't be dropping the puck until 8:20pm.

14. Ranger71

That's strange for a 1st round, weeknight game, even if it's game 7. I guess since ESPN/TnT are now in the mix they do it.

15. kreidertime

Worst thing they ever did was take the option to listen to home T.V. announcers away. Away Buttholeman, dumbass decision.

16. Greyvtrayn

That was my exact thought last night too. Yeah, they finished higher in the standings but I can't imagine anyone expected them to have the season they did. Being such a young team with minimal playoff experience they aren't carrying the weight of expectations. I expect the Devils to come out with high intensity and to play like they have nothing to lose.

NYR Fan likes this.
  17. kreidertime

The Devils aren’t playing with house money they had 112 points this year. There is never a house money option in the NHL playoffs. These kids dream about winning a cup their entire lives. Igor is going to have to steal game 7.

18. NYR Fan

8 PM since it is the only game on tomorrow night and they want to maximize West also. If the Kings/Oilers went 7 the game would have started at 7 PM. All about TV. I don't like the 8 PM start either.

And the Devs absolutely are playing with house money pressure wise. If they lose this series people say, great year, played way over expectations, arrow pointing up for them, they will learn a lot from this experience. All good stuff. Sure you never want to lose in the 1st round, and it will sting for a little while for them, but big picture it will be a lot of positive for the Devs, who way overachieved this year. So yes from that POV they have some pressure off them.

We on the other hand certainly do not.

19. Greyvtrayn

Their dreams of winning a Stanley Cup (that all players have) have nothing to do with the situation. How many points they earned in the regular season has nothing to do with it. Thanks for chiming in though...we'll let you know how game 7 goes while you're busy watching Real Housewives.

NYR Fan likes this.
  20. kreidertime

Fans use that house money line. Players don't think like that. Especially hockey players.