Did asswipe AV just call up Glass?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 6, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Nobody cares. It's freakin obvious they are going to get throttled vs. Pitt or Columbus in the playoffs. Good chance they would lose to Montreal if Price is healthy. While they have beaten the Craps a lot in the playoffs, they no longer match up with them. This season is for the most part is over. However, as always we will have many delusional fans in our fan base who like last year refuse to accept the fact that this team isn't built for the playoffs. The A's have a better chance of winning their division than this team does of making a run in the playoffs.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Kampfer's actually done a nice job. They should keep him up and send Klein to Connecticut.lol

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I would love to get the opportunity to be throttled by Pitt or CBJ or the Caps in the playoffs. After last night they are 90% + locked into the Atlantic bracket.

So if anyone in here even mentions the Pens, BJ's, Caps going forward understand you are now talking about playing in the ECF, because that is the ONLY shot they can play 1 of those 3 teams.

4. RangersFan

As for Montreal, yeah cannot feel great about playing a team that plays well against us, with a back on top of his game Price in goal. With that said, Montreal is no world beater at all, so clearly we'd have a shot (I would make Montreal a small favorite). But right now the way we have played the past 10 games or so, I admit I wouldn't feel great about us beating the Habs. But we'd have a decent shot at worst I'd think.

I think we'd beat Ottawa though, and right now the Atlantic top spot is a coin flip. Watch the home and home between the Habs and Sens this weekend...GO SENS GO is what I say.

Like I said above though, unless you are talking ECF, we all need to stop focusing on the Pens, BJ's, Caps and start focusing on the Habs and Sens. Virtually no shot we don't end up in the Atlantic bracket now.

5. Ranger71

I think Ottawa is going to be as tough as anyone to knock off and i'm still not sold that Columbus won't lose early. I think the Caps are the team we might have the best shot against in an ecf.

6. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ would you do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up for once. Nobody is saying this team is gonna win the cup but plenty of fans do care and are just enjoying the ride of pretty good hockey and another playoffs appearance, unlike you who bitches at every turn. Just because you're a miserable asshole doesn't mean everyone else is.

7. RangersFan

If you win a division you are a good team, so yeah Ottawa would be no prize or given either. But if given the choice I would rather play Ottawa and no Price, than Montreal with Price and that building up there.

Either way we can beat either of those teams. Even though I think Montreal would be a small favorite, and right this moment I wouldn't love us against them, we can beat them for sure. Nether Montreal nor Ottawa are big time teams, so we can beat either even if we are small underdogs heading in. Plus we have road ice advantage...:).

As for CBJ losing in round 1, yeah can happen for sure, and truthfully I wouldn't kill them for it. They will most likely play the Pens or Caps round 1 due to the ridiculous NHL playoff seeding, so no shame there (and BTW once again want to add how ridiculous is the NHL playoff system). That's why getting 1st in the Met is huge. Avoid having to play one of the Pens/BJ's/Caps.

8. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As a fan I enjoy a good season and the prospect of playoff games. I don't "need to understand" anything. It's like the saying goes. Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.

9. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Those of us rooting for the Rangers during their long playoff drought can appreciate any postseason appearance because anything can happen in the playoffs. Hank comes back 100% and rested with 4 lines that can score. Defense was upgraded with the acquisition of Smith and the PP has recently showed signs of life. Best road record in the NHL too.

10. RangersFan

I'll say this. I don't normally get on the coach. I also realize this is a good time to mix and match and try things out for the playoffs, but these lines from practice today don't make much sense to me:

• Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, Mats Zuccarello
    • JT Miller, Mika Zibanejad, Rick Nash
    • Michael Grabner, Kevin Hayes, Jesper Fast
    • Jimmy Vesey, Oscar Lindberg, Tanner Glass

Somethings I don't love:

Glass in over Buch (no surprise from AV)
    Putting Fast on the 3rd line. Fast is a good 4th line player, leave him in that role.
    Breaking up the Miller/Hayes/Grab line

On D, Girardi practiced as an extra in a regular jersey today, so he should be back worst case after the back to back this weekend. Klein was on ice in a non-contact jersey, so hopefully he has turned the corner as well.

11. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Was just coming on to post this. Awful.

12. Ranger71

I guess Hellberg will probably get a start vs NJ.

13. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I know Florida is not good but If that's the lines Vigneault gonna go with then he should be fired immediately.

14. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I don't know how people can keep defending this guy.

15. Ranger71

I'm not sure why he keeps juggling Buch but come playoff time he needs to be in every game. If he wants to keep Glass in through the reg season Fast should be the one sitting.

16. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the playoffs are more physical so Mr. bubblegum will use that as his excuse for sitting buch. Unexplainable

17. panzerporter

Totally agree with you about Fast 71, Jesper is offensively inept. Glass is a better option for his special set of skills.

18. RangersFan

I would play Fast every day of the week over Glass. Fast is valuable, just in the right role...which is a 4th line winger. Put him there and he gives us good depth on the 4th line with Lindberg.

19. panzerporter

I believe the original point was playing Buch/Glass instead of Fast/Glass since AV's playing Glass whether you like it or not. I have no problem with Tanner doing the dirty work, the Rangers don't really have anyone else suitable to the role while several guys can play the PK, Jesper's specialty.

20. RangersFan

Glass should sit like last night. Fast should be in like last night, but should be on the 4th line.