Did Randolph's star power dim with Wallace's departure?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by nikebasketball, Feb 16, 2004.

1. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonia...93627265461.xml

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Is Zach Randolph really a budding star, or was he simply the beneficiary of teams focusing on Rasheed Wallace?

The Trail Blazers will find out when they return from the All-Star break on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Lakers, the first of their final 31 regular season games. But early returns suggest that Randolph is not the same player without Wallace.</div>

2. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

I guess we will find out.. I think hes the same guy.. Like I said everyone has to get used to this trade, and relise their roles.. and Zach just has to adjust.. He'll be fine..

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I like him a lot, I think he's as good as the other stars in the NBA. He isn't one of the MIP's in the league for nothing. Improving to a double double shows just how hard a worker and how good a player he is.

Although he hasn't been playing as well as he is capable of. Cut him some slack, he is on a mediocre team, which doesn't even have that much of chemistry. He's like Rashard Lewis, good but inconsistent at times. Give him time, both he and Shard will be better soon enough.

4. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Zach's game dipped when Sheed was out a few games. All signs are pointing that his game is dependent on Sheed but this guy is talented. He just have to adjust on his game without Sheed and I'm sure he'll still dominate.