Different line-up options

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Pinwheel1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

EVEN BETTER!

2. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think if your best 7-8 basketball players are better then everyone else's...... that is a good philosophy to have. Make them match up with you.

But I don't think our starting 5 is going to overwhelm anyone so I think we need to use our depth to our advantage. Other than Dame, I think players 2-10ish may be comparable in terms of talent, but they possess different strengths and weaknesses. So I am thinking that Stotts needs to be creative with his lineups.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy and Strenuus like this.
  3. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Stotts is going to earn his paycheck. I bet he's really excited to finally have depth, cause he got railed for playing his starters too much (including by me).

4. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah I like the lineup that started the second half at Utah, but of course with Dame.

Davis, Aminu, Harkless, Crabbe and Lillard

Harkless three point shooting is going to determine how we play a lot of lineups this season. If he is hitting them he can share the court with Aminu and a limited big. If not we have to pick between Mo or Farioq; unless Meyers is our center. The above lineup is an excellent defensive group; our best we can put on the floor. If we need more ball handling and shot creation CJ may have to play in place of Crabbe.