Diogu explodes for 37.

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by upsidedownside7, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Run BJM get your hands on the Suns one, I'm going for the Washington one. There's a download limit on these yousend it links!

2. Custodianrules2

I guess both of them already expired. Damn. Can somebody re-up them?

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I guess both of them already expired. Damn. Can somebody re-up them?</div>

I managed to get both but i have no idea how to put them back-up.

4. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I managed to get both but i have no idea how to put them back-up.</div>
    There's a website I use called megaupload.com

You basically follow the instructions on the site. It's like sending a big email attachment only the final product is a link which you can send to anyone. The link is the locatin of the file on the megaupload server. You don't have to sign up for an account or anything. It might take a while to upload, but you'll be my hero if you do this!

5. Run BJM

Okay, I'm uploading it to MegaUpload.com. According to the site it is estimated to be done in an hour from now (it is 5:40 now). I'll post the link once its done and then begin to upload the Washington game.

6. Run BJM

Golden State vs. Phoenix:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=387TUBQD

And by the way, i noticed when i had this 90% uploaded that some guy from WarriorsWorld uploaded the same game to the same site. Here is a link to his thread (for back-up if mine doesn't work):

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/933048.phtml

UPDATE: The Washington game will take about 4 hours to upload because it is 2 hours long (The PHX and BOS games were only about 40 minutes long).

7. Run BJM

8. Custodianrules2

9. Custodianrules2

Thanks RUN BJM! And thanks to all those guys and the original guy (DLOA) who hooked us up.

I guess multiple people starting doing it after I called out some people for leeching. [​IMG]

10. Custodianrules2

Note: Warriors vs. Suns game is 123 MB, I think it's cut short. You can watch like 31 minutes, but it cuts off at that point. Original is 42:33 minutes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=387TUBQD says 126 mb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38VXVD5F is 123 mb or it could be 126 mb depending on whether the file size is measured by 1000k or 1024 k increments.

It was hard to originally tell if there's been some data integrity loss because the WMV files can play partially downloaded.

11. Run BJM

I noticed that too but i just assumed it was on everyone's copy of the video. It is the same size as the others i saw uploaded, is it only my copy?

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I noticed that too but i just assumed it was on everyone's copy of the video. It is the same size as the others i saw uploaded, is it only my copy?</div>
    Hmm, I dunno could you see the whole game? Mine just cuts off at a certain point. The other WMV videos are much bigger like 200 mb or 400mb

13. Run BJM

I also had the video cut short. The Washington game is nearly 2 hours long and full of fouls which is probably why it is so huge while the Suns game flowed very nicely.

And Custodian (or any other realGM member), please feel free to post my upload of the game on RealGM, it seems like there are a few people there who want it. I'm not a member because for some reason they wont except me (i'm pretty sure they have a rule against free e-mail addresses or some thing like that) so i cant post it there.

14. Custodianrules2

Bummer, don't worry I'll take care of it. Warrior fans united! Okay, that was corny.

15. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Bummer, don't worry I'll take care of it. Warrior fans united! Okay, that was corny.</div>

lmao, it seems like the warriors board is one of the most popular on JustBBall, next we have to take over realGM.

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">lmao, it seems like the warriors board is one of the most popular on JustBBall, next we have to take over realGM.</div> Yeah, dude we are up there. I think the Lakers and Raptors board is the most popular here. Huge fanbases. But, I like the balance here between size and good quality of posts (excluding me of course, I'm nowhere near the level of some of you guys when it comes to writing something original, well written, extremely knowledgeable and well constructed writing). I'm still like a newbie.

The thing I've noticed about bigger, high volume boards that grow popular, is they get a lot of really mediocre posters that really don't know that much that think they are contributing, but aren't all that unique in what they have to say, or don't teach, entertain, or report the facts right to the reader. It kind of drowns out the truly special individuals that really set the tone in the forum and make good discusions that are interesting and informative. I mean I definitely look up to guys/gals who can teach me something new everyday and have been Warrior fans/basketball fans longer than me. I find a lot of those fans here actually and it's pretty cool because we've been here for a couple seasons now. While it's also good to take a peak on what else is out there in Warriorland, I personally think this is the best board because of the dedication of fans here + the web graphics + the ability to talk to the site owners + the layout + features + fewer annoying ads. Plus every bball fan on here is very reasonable, respectful, and they seem very intelligent (which is nice). We haven't had a troll here in a while too which is also nice.

17. Custodianrules2

Anyway I don't want to get too much off topic or sound all arrogant or high and mighty just yet. This whole Diogu thing is pretty much what I expected. Solid, but not an all-star presence from first impressions. Hopefully, he'll be quiet, but effective in a very suprising way. Too bad we can't go back in time and just land Amare Stoudamire and then get Gerald Green. [​IMG] But then we might be too good to have landed the 9th overall pick in 2005 and any subsequent picks in 2003 and 2004.

Anyway, I think Ike is pretty decent. With Mullin at the helm it was hard to convince a guy like that to draft Green or Granger or Bynum for that matter. Wish he kind of did, but I'm happy with Ike so long as he is very effective on both ends of the floor, which he might not be every game.

18. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyway I don't want to get too much off topic or sound all arrogant or high and mighty just yet. This whole Diogu thing is pretty much what I expected. Solid, but not an all-star presence from first impressions. Hopefully, he'll be quiet, but effective in a very suprising way. Too bad we can't go back in time and just land Amare Stoudamire and then get Gerald Green. [​IMG] But then we might be too good to have landed the 9th overall pick in 2005 and any subsequent picks in 2003 and 2004.

Anyway, I think Ike is pretty decent. With Mullin at the helm it was hard to convince a guy like that to draft Green or Granger or Bynum for that matter. Wish he kind of did, but I'm happy with Ike so long as he is very effective on both ends of the floor, which he might not be every game.</div>

You should add that to the draft capsule

19. Custodianrules2

Yeah we should CH, at least not from a competition standpoint, but at least what the player does well. It's hard to be awed by Diogu, much like in the same manner as Dunleavy, but they both have their moments and seem like players that would fit into the chemistry with a good point guard to run the show. Defensively, it'll be a huge question mark, but at least the Warriors have learned slightly better how to contain players using help defense compared to the Jamison/Arenas/Richardson/Murphy days. Dunleavy can help out on D, but he's a little slow and J-Rich is a guy that has gotten better on defense, but he can get a little tired if he's forced to do the dirty work. His conditioning is a lot better over the years though and he's been able to play some defense finally and play well in back to back nights.

Anyway, I ramble.

20. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Mmm, my files are also cut in short, but I think I saw enough. That was rather quiet 37 pts then I expected. Yeah, Diogu has been what I expected as well. Skilled, but will have an immidiate problem against bigger and taller pf in NBA. And, the idea of Brand ver. 2 is way ahead of it at this point. But, fortunately Davis is known for utilizing players' strength, and Diogu has a lot of tools to be utilized. And, I hope Diogu will adjust and improve his game to be Brand ver. 2.

For Mullin, if he, or anybody for that matter, expected Green to slip, he may thought of drafting Green, but I get the feeling from his interview that Green caught Mullin offguard. Therefore, instead of risking on total unknown, he went ahead with his original plan. Well, we will see whether his judgement is right or wrong in few years...