disgusting loss

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by thePHentity, Feb 8, 2004.

1. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

record for least points in the 4th quarter in the NBA. 2 points...ridiculous. the worst game, by far, that i've seen all year from this team.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

We've got some stupid players on our team. Everyone just played extremlely stupid basketball. This team needs to run some plays and if they can't run plays because they're too dumb to understand them, get rid of their ass. I'll take a slow, unathletic, strong fundamentals players from Stanford or Duke over any show boating dumbasses such as these warriors. I don't know what the hell Claxton was trying to do on that final 5 seconds. Get the ball off! And keep damp in the game! He only gives you the most offensive boards in the league! WTF? Musselman should be out of a job right now. I'd rather have Doc Rivers or Byron Scott at this point.

3. Custodianrules2

I don't think Musselman has any skill coaching the half court style or the players are too dumb to run plays.

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

What an embarrassing loss. Wow.

5. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

I'm speechless. That is just unacceptable, no matter how you put it. No way in hell that game should have went to OT. That's the most disgusting performance I've seen by an NBA team in a while. How do you only score 2 points in a quarter? I'm highly dissapointed, the Warriors took a 16 point lead into the 4th, I just knew they had it locked up, I turned the Pro Bowl on, turn back to the Warriors expecting to catch the end of the 4th, and I see OT! Now I can see if it was just a 4th quarter collapse, that can happen and has been showed from many teams this year, Magic being one of them today. But to only score 2 points in the whole quarter is the thing that makes me mad. Don't even want to talk about this game.

6. Rudeezy

Scoring 2 points and still making it to OT. Amazing. What an ugly finish to a bball game.

7. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I was at the game, and it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. Every trip down the court, the Warriors held the ball until they had less than 5 seconds left, and then proceeded to take an off-balance fadeaway, turn the ball over, or MISS A LAYUP (3 or 4 times). Claxton messed up on the last play by starting to drive with about 4 seconds left on the clock. Overall, I think that this game pretty much ends all hopes that the Warriors have or might have had this season. How are they gonna come back from a game where they were leading a mediocre (at best) team by 16 and then lost? Any way you look at it, this game is crushing to the Warriors. They can't afford to continue blowing easy games like this. Too bad... I thought we had something going at the start of the season. Looks like I overestimated my Warriors... AGAIN.

8. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

i think the raptors D deservs some credit here. they played unbelivable defense in the fourth, and everything was just like kobeonfire said, ugly fade-aways, and contested jumpers...frankly your lucky the game went to over-time because of the non-call on vince's drive in the end. if he got the call on that drive, he wouldnt have settled for the jumper on cliff the next trip down the court.

ugly game for you guys though, great game for us [​IMG]

9. thePHentity

yeah, no, im not giving the raptors any credit at all...sorry. warriors GAVE you that game. and there were some noncalls that went the raptors way too, so don't pull that.

10. yangyang42

yangyang42 JBB JustBBall Member

F******

What kind of game was that S**************

Man... as a die-hard warrior fan, I feel so ashamed. 2 freaken points!?!? OMG, what a pity.

Okay, 2 points in the 4th quarter. Fine. But dang, how many times you get a second chance after scoring 2 points in a quarter!? I can't believe they didn't make ANY run at the end. They had a 16 points lead at the end of three, for crying out loud!!!! [​IMG]

Geez.

I hope it's not back to ground one... After such a pitiful game... I'm beginning to have doubts about our future.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Musselman has any skill coaching the half court style or the players are too dumb to run plays.</div>

I wouldn't blame Musselmen, because he's simply done too much for the warriors in bring them back from where they were two years ago. But yes, this is just unacceptable!!!!!

Trade for Sheed is probably imminent now.

11. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah, no, im not giving the raptors any credit at all...sorry. warriors GAVE you that game. and there were some noncalls that went the raptors way too, so don't pull that.</div>

gee, what a surprise, the raptors not getting the credit they are due. they are only one of the best defensive teams in the league, but of COURSE the win had nothing to do with their defense, it was all golden states crappiness.

12. Custodianrules2

Are you kidding, Yang? Musselman's open offense will not work unless you're constantly pushing the ball and running. What happens if you can't beat the defense in transition? The defense becomes set, and you're stuck massaging the rock till there is only 5 seconds left. Worst thing that happens is, the other team plays the 2-3 zone and the warriors are stuck going perimeter and there is no inside presence. Musselman had everything to do with this loss because he wasn't subbing in guys who could score and guys who could get you rebounds and set some plays. And then what about offensive rebounding in Eric Dampier and the fact he puts back misses? I mean that ain't coaching, that's just saying to the players to do whatever and he takes out our leading rebounding center. And Claxton? That guy just pulled the dumbest crap I've seen in a long time. What was he thinking? Shoot the f'in ball! At least try to hit rim! It's all this isolation one and one crap. It's just ridiculous how stupid the play is and thank to all of them they just set a nba record for 4th quarter fewest points scored. What a laughing stock.

13. thePHentity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">gee, what a surprise, the raptors not getting the credit they are due. they are only one of the best defensive teams in the league, but of COURSE the win had nothing to do with their defense, it was all golden states crappiness.</div>

yup.

14. thePHentity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Scoring 2 points and still making it to OT. Amazing. What an ugly finish to a bball game.</div>

lol, they scored more in OT than they did in the entire 4th quarter! what is this insanity?

15. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">yup.</div>

well, at least you've convinced yourself. hey, if lying to yourself helps you sleep better at night, then more power to ya :thumbsup:

16. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I've been really sad and disappointed about the Warriors performance as of late, except for Claxton, J-Rich and Dampier, Cardinal doesn't seem to be slipping either. Well let's face it, at least you're better then the Hawks, Magic and Celtics. Maybe even the Grizzlies. Hopefully things will pick up in the Second Half of the season, of if not, when trades, drafts and next season come.

17. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Raps just locked up the Warriors in the fourth quarter !! .. LOCKED !
    And Moe Pete's three caused some heart-Attacks in the stands andfor some people watching at home !! ..

That's Raps basketball baby, that's how you play defence..
    sorry guys, but the " Warriors " got OWNED big time !

18. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Scoring 2 points and still making it to OT. Amazing. What an ugly finish to a bball game.</div>

The warriors had a 16 point lead coming into the 4th quarter. How amazing could it be? It was an ugly game from start to finish...I'm utterly disgusted.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah, no, im not giving the raptors any credit at all...sorry. warriors GAVE you that game. and there were some noncalls that went the raptors way too, so don't pull that.</div>

If the warriors gave us the game the we'll take it and leave a tip to the waiter on the way out. Holding a team to 2 points in one quarter? Defence has something to do with that...don't you think? Or maybe the warriors just realized that we needed a win and they were happy to oblige our request. Nothing in the WORLD is given to you, you earn it.

Non calls happen all the time in the NBA. Refs are never going to ever call a perfect game.

19. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Let's not give up on the Warriors here, but that was horrible. If they can't win games like this down the stretch I can't see them even making a run for the playoffs at all. That was just a dissapointing loss, could have been 22-27, which is better or the same of what they were last year. After they travel to Seattle to play the Sonics, they play 4 straight games at home. They have played well at home, and still could be a good time to make up some ground, we'll see how this next game goes and how much confidence they'll have.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">gee, what a surprise, the raptors not getting the credit they are due. they are only one of the best defensive teams in the league, but of COURSE the win had nothing to do with their defense, it was all golden states crappiness.</div>There is no question about it, the Warriors gave them that game. The Warriors dominated the first 3 quaters, the Raptors would be at the bottom of the Western Conference. The Raps played like crap as well, how do you not win the game in regulation when your opponet only scores 2 freak'n points in a quarter? [​IMG]

And about Musselmen, I agree with thecustodian, he is to blame. Sure the players f***ed up but there is no way in hell that a coach can let his team score only 2 points in the quarter. He didn't use his TO's properly and he DIDN"T get the ball to Dampier. The Raps don't have anyone that can guard him but the Warriors were content with running their one on one bull****.