disgusting loss

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by thePHentity, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">Raps just locked up the Warriors in the fourth quarter !! .. LOCKED !
    And Moe Pete's three caused some heart-Attacks in the stands andfor some people watching at home !! ..

That's Raps basketball baby, that's how you play defence..
    sorry guys, but the " Warriors " got OWNED big time !</div>Go back to your crappy forum with that immature talk. We don't play that game here, kid.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    This was plain disgusting for the Warriors. I was watching as a neutral fan but even I wanted to kick the Warriors late in the fourth. This team has not shown any clutch play at all in this game. They'd better pick it up soon.

3. TheFuller

TheFuller JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone think if Pietrus had playing time and was worked with, he could eventually become better and more effective than j rich?, i mean, i'm not giving up on j rich, but yeah........., gotta produce and be more consistant if he's gonna be our "go to guy"

4. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Well... Pietrus has all the skills to make it happen. Physically- he's athletically gifted, has long arms. Has a pretty nice three, and is a pretty good defender from what I've seen of him so far. As long as he works on his handles and mid-range game, I think that he can be pretty good eventually. However, JRich puts in a lot of time to improve his game, so he will get better too. I don't know if Pietrus will be better than JRich... I guess we have to wait and see. But you're right about J. having to be be more consistent. You can't put up 11 in the 3rd and then score 0 in the 4th.

5. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">There is no question about it, the Warriors gave them that game. The Warriors dominated the first 3 quaters, the Raptors would be at the bottom of the Western Conference. The Raps played like crap as well, how do you not win the game in regulation when your opponet only scores 2 freak'n points in a quarter? [​IMG]

</div>

yup, your right, the raptors played like garbage...for 3 quarters. they played great ball in the 4th and in overtime. i dont understand...when a team is only getting contested shots and fade-aways...doesnt that say SOMETHING about the defense? if it were the pacers or the pistons, everyone would be praising the defense, but since its the raptors, its got NOTHING to do with defense.

come on...i dont know why you guys refuse to give some credit where its due...its not as if the raps were just standing around and letting yall drive to the basket, and you were rimming dunks all quarter, we were playing good one on one D, and the help was comming at the right times. ugly shots deep in the clock is a sign of good defense. go check the stats if you must...the raps are a top 5 team in defense, its the one thing we do well on a consistant basis.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">yup, your right, the raptors played like garbage...for 3 quarters. they played great ball in the 4th and in overtime. i dont understand...when a team is only getting contested shots and fade-aways...doesnt that say SOMETHING about the defense? if it were the pacers or the pistons, everyone would be praising the defense, but since its the raptors, its got NOTHING to do with defense. </div>Don't get me wrong, the Raptors did play good defense. The Warriors were not getting any open looks and were forcing shots. Again, this is the coaches fault. Give the damn ball to Dampier, the Raps have no answer for him. To say that the Raps had nothing to do with this win would be ludicris so forgive me if I gave the wrong impression.

With that said, there is no excuse for scoring 2 points. The Warriors had their way all night but then hit a dry spell. That is when the coach should take over.

7. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">well, at least you've convinced yourself. hey, if lying to yourself helps you sleep better at night, then more power to ya :thumbsup:</div>

blaming the warriors for the loss isn't lying. giving credit to the raptors for this one is like bill calahan giving credit to the lions for that disgusting loss. you're the one coming here and saying the warriors were LUCKY, of all things...calling the warriors lucky? after that game? talk about no credibility. what would have happened if the warriors scored 3 points in that quarter? sum up the entire 4th quarter with that last play by speedy claxton and you'll understand how we just gave the game away. we still managed to score 79 points in 3 quarters? yeah, real effective defense...either that or we were undermanned, unsubbed, uncoached, and just plain stupid in the last quarter. and i'll give credit on the raptors board...if i even care. im posting on the warriors board. go boast somewhere else.

8. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">blaming the warriors for the loss isn't lying. giving credit to the raptors for this one is like bill calahan giving credit to the lions for that disgusting loss. </div>

your a class A homer, of course you wont give any credit to the raptors on playing good D, id hardly expect that from someone like you

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    you're the one coming here and saying the warriors were LUCKY, of all things...calling the warriors lucky? after that game? talk about no credibility. what would have happened if the warriors scored 3 points in that quarter? sum up the entire 4th quarter with that last play by speedy claxton and you'll understand how we just gave the game away.</div>

they were lucky a foul didnt get called on that one play. they werent lucky in the end, but that was a lucky break. what if they scored 3 points? well, the "what if game" sure is a fun one to play...but i was talkin about what actually happend. your team played badly...i can admit that, the raps played good defense, other warrior fans and sports analysts can admit that, only you cant.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    we still managed to score 79 points in 3 quarters? yeah, real effective defense...either that or we were undermanned, unsubbed, uncoached, and just plain stupid in the last quarter. and i'll give credit on the raptors board...if i even care. im posting on the warriors board. go boast somewhere else.</div>

raps played bad for 3 quarters...but won the game with a good 4th and a horrid 4th from you...thats a fact. raps were undermanned too btw. in case you didnt notice, we dont even have a true center.

and btw, i wasnt boasting in the first place, simply looking for you give some credit where its due, how silly of me...and you can try to tell me where to post, and what to post, but i think ill just stick to doing whatever i want, but nice try. :thumbsup:

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">simply looking for you give some credit where its due, </div>Im sure there are a lot of Raptor fans kissing their ass in the Raptor forum if that is what you are looking for.:thumbsup:

10. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Im sure there are a lot of Raptor fans kissing their ass in the Raptor forum if that is what you are looking for.:thumbsup:</div>

[​IMG] yea, s'exactly what im looking for.

personally, i love basketball...i LOVE the nba, i dont love my home team so much that i cant appreciate good play from another team, even in an embarassing loss

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] yea, s'exactly what im looking for.

personally, i love basketball...i LOVE the nba, i dont love my home team so much that i cant appreciate good play from another team, even in an embarassing loss</div>Thats the thing champ, they didn't play a good game. They got dominated for 3 quarters and then played good defense in the fourth. If the Warriors score 3 points in the quarter they win. Having to rely on the other team to score 2 points in order to win is pathetic. It was a pathetic performance by both teams but the Raps came through when it counted.

12. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats the thing champ, they didn't play a good game. They got dominated for 3 quarters and then played good defense in the fourth. If the Warriors score 3 points in the quarter they win. Having to rely on the other team to score 2 points in order to win is pathetic. It was a pathetic performance by both teams but the Raps came through when it counted.</div>

i know they didnt play a good game. there was "good play" in the 4th and overtime.

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">i know they didnt play a good game. there was "good play" in the 4th and overtime.</div>Again, if you wanna hear about their "good play" in the 4th and overtime than go to the Raps forum. This is the Warriors Forum and we are going to display our disgust about a 2 point quarter.

I hope you visit this forum more often.[​IMG]

14. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Again, if you wanna hear about their "good play" in the 4th and overtime than go to the Raps forum. This is the Warriors Forum and we are going to display our disgust about a 2 point quarter.

I hope you visit this forum more often.[​IMG]</div>

well this was my original post:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i think the raptors D deservs some credit here. they played unbelivable defense in the fourth, and everything was just like kobeonfire said, ugly fade-aways, and contested jumpers...frankly your lucky the game went to over-time because of the non-call on vince's drive in the end. if he got the call on that drive, he wouldnt have settled for the jumper on cliff the next trip down the court.

ugly game for you guys though, great game for us [​IMG]</div>

obviously i dont expect you to spend 3 pages talking about how great the raptors are...all i said is the raps D deservs some credit. i wasnt asking for praise or ass kissing, just making a point. didnt expect to get jumped on the way i did. its sure been a fun experience in the warriors forum though [​IMG]

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">didnt expect to get jumped on the way i did. its sure been a fun experience in the warriors forum though [​IMG]</div>Imagine the Raptors scoring 2 points in one quarter and a Warrior coming in that forum asking for some credit. Let us greive.[​IMG]

16. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Imagine the Raptors scoring 2 points in one quarter and a Warrior coming in that forum asking for some credit. Let us greive.[​IMG]</div>

you wouldnt need to ask for it, i would have already given it.

i see your point though, well said

17. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Way to Go Warriors

Oh man I feel for you Rudeezy and all the other Warrior fans and especially those of you who saw the game at the arena. It's embarassing to have felt good about a team after a game and then so bad about them after they lose to a team they should have beat. They had to be betting against their own team to have lost that game so badly. And the sad thing is the warriors are being laughed at by the bottom feeding teams from the Atlantic division. "Yeah we've only won a quarter of our games this season, but at least we scored more than 2 points in the 4th quarter!" Talk about cripples making fun of other cripples. Sheesh. And when Musselman mentioned that Damp is playing like an all-star and should be on the all-star team, why bench him? He's not only our top rebounder, but OFFENSIVE rebounder. We need a new coach! Maybe I overacted a little bit and said we only needed a new coach. First off, we need a new owner, then a new GM, and then a new coach. And finally a top 3 lottery pick in a draft with a talented big man, an all around pass-first point guard, and a veteran coach with actual playoff experience. If you don't have at least those three things you're not competing in the playoffs. If Cohan had any decency he'd refund the ticket money for all warriors fans who attended that game on Sunday. But then again he's too cheap to get a seasoned coach so why even think of that. He's like the clippers owner, he won't pay a dime where its needed. Sorry to go off on a rant here, but I figured all true warrior fans could relate that good coaching involves being able to command a half-court game and not Don Nelson's push-the-ball-look-to-run style of game. It's just too sloppy and results in shotclock violations and turnovers, especially if you don't have an all-star point guard like Steve Nash to do it.

18. Rudeezy

Very well said custodianrules.

19. Premium

but wasnt damp in foul trouble? i dont remember him picking up any fouls in the 4th frame or OT, and he finnished with 4 in the game?

i dont remember though, but i was just lookin at the box score and that occured to me

i do agree though...yall need a new GM

20. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

rudeezy basically saying what i should have said...and how i feel. so i don't have to say anything anymore.

as far as GM...chris mullin!

oh and...how is criticizing your home team being a homer?