Diving and the punishments

Discussion in 'England' started by Big Aaron, Apr 9, 2007.

1. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

And do you think thats fair? Why make an example of the big names? Every player whatever reputation should be treated the same.Just because he's a bigger "name" shouldn't mean that he gets more of a punishment. Sometimes reputations go before a player, ask Andy Johnson of Everton he falls over at a change in the wind direction but sometimes he's not got penalties because of his reputation for going over easily. Now if you ask me he's brought everything onto himself but lately its backfired on him so what do the refs do about that? They can't have another look and say we'll give you a pen next time but its your own fault for diving too much in the first place.
    Its swings and roundabouts sometimes you get them sometimes you don't ,diving will always be part of the game and some players must even practice it mentioning no names *cough ronaldo*.

2. Big Aaron

Big Aaron DYC Working Class Hero

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">And do you think thats fair? Why make an example of the big names? Every player whatever reputation should be treated the same.Just because he's a bigger "name" shouldn't mean that he gets more of a punishment. Sometimes reputations go before a player, ask Andy Johnson of Everton he falls over at a change in the wind direction but sometimes he's not got penalties because of his reputation for going over easily. Now if you ask me he's brought everything onto himself but lately its backfired on him so what do the refs do about that? They can't have another look and say we'll give you a pen next time but its your own fault for diving too much in the first place.
    Its swings and roundabouts sometimes you get them sometimes you don't ,diving will always be part of the game and some players must even practice it mentioning no names *cough ronaldo*.</div>

So now we get down to it with that Ronaldo comment at the end.

If you don't make an example of the bigger names in the game, what's the point? Rooney's been made an example of for the campaign of respecting referees with the ban that he had after the World Cup because of the Amsterdam Tournament, even after the exact same thing happened the year before to another player and there was no punishment beyond the realms of the tournament itself. All the time the star players are allowed to get away with it, other players will think they can too.

I don't see why you're trying to rationalise diving? Of course, Rooney and Ronaldo have dived and it really pisses me off because they're such talents that they don't need to dive. It's a rule that should be enforced with a zero tolerance policy on the offenders. It's cheating. You're, basically, rationalising cheating.

3. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

Players who dive in league games should be booked...
    Players who dive in cup should be fined and also in european games..

4. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

I never said it was right to dive,i said you can't make an example of someone just because of who they are. Thats not fair on that individual. Also how often does Ronaldo get booked for his numerous dives?How often does Rooney get booked for the offence of swearing at the referee? Now if this was to happen United fans and Slur Alex would say that his players would have been made an example of because of who they are. So you can't have it both ways. Every team has someone who goes over a little too easy every team has someone who mouths to the ref but just because he plays for a "bigger club" why should he get more punishment. You see Rooney and Neville EVERY match mouthing at the ref but they get AWAY with it because of who they are and who they play for so if I was you i'd be careful what you wished for!

5. Big Aaron

I am wishing for it, don't you see that? Shouting at refs and diving are two of the most irritating practices in modern football. I'd prefer players like Ronaldo to get booked for diving, Rooney and Neville to get booked for dissent. It's negative aspects of their game and if punishing them with bookings is the way to eradicate those aspects from their game, then so be it.

I would love for Ronaldo to get booked next time he commits a blatant dive. He doesn't need to dive, he can skin pretty much any defender on the planet, so the sooner he realises it's not necessary and the consequences, the better.

As for making an example of the bigger clubs, why the hell not? Why should the big players go unpunished when, say, a championship player dives and gets carded, but not a premiership player? It's consistency I'm after and if it requires punishing the big time players and getting media coverage because of that, ergo, discouraging players on the other levels of football.

6. Y2Kyle

Y2Kyle DYC This is Anfield

<div class="quote_poster">soilborn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I am wishing for it, don't you see that? Shouting at refs and diving are two of the most irritating practices in modern football. I'd prefer players like Ronaldo to get booked for diving, Rooney and Neville to get booked for dissent. It's negative aspects of their game and if punishing them with bookings is the way to eradicate those aspects from their game, then so be it.

I would love for Ronaldo to get booked next time he commits a blatant dive. He doesn't need to dive, he can skin pretty much any defender on the planet, so the sooner he realises it's not necessary and the consequences, the better.

As for making an example of the bigger clubs, why the hell not? Why should the big players go unpunished when, say, a championship player dives and gets carded, but not a premiership player? It's consistency I'm after and if it requires punishing the big time players and getting media coverage because of that, ergo, discouraging players on the other levels of football.</div>

Sorry mate, but you come on here and make a fool of yourself.

7. Big Aaron

How an I making a fool of myself? You just have no answer.

Your saying that the big clubs should be untouchable and not used an example. If the leaders of a sport can't be held as an example, positively or negatively, who can?

8. Spawny

Spawny DYC 1st team Reserves

Even i'm starting to get bored of the "Ronaldo dives" chants.

Every team has a diver or two, Man Utd has Ronaldo and Rooney, Chelsea has Drogba and Robben, Liverpool have Gerrard and Garcia.

9. Big Aaron

<div class="quote_poster">Spawny Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Even i'm starting to get bored of the "Ronaldo dives" chants.

Every team has a diver or two, Man Utd has Ronaldo and Rooney, Chelsea has Drogba and Robben, Liverpool have Gerrard and Garcia.</div>

Shhhh, Kyle has no other points to argue than Ronaldo dives. You'll blow his cover.

10. Spawny

<div class="quote_poster">soilborn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Shhhh, Kyle has no other points to argue than Ronaldo dives. You'll blow his cover.</div>

Haha, ever so sorry [​IMG]

But yeah, the diving annoys me and it should be punished severely if it is ever to stop. Although ... when it's not Chelsea playing, I can't say i'm not ammused by the diving when i'm watching a match from a neutral perspective [​IMG] It's so much fun watching some nancy boy flop to the floor and look at the ref like a 5 year old without his dummy for a penalty [​IMG]

11. Y2Kyle

<div class="quote_poster">soilborn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Shhhh, Kyle has no other points to argue than Ronaldo dives. You'll blow his cover.</div>

I have no points to argue Ronaldo dives? You are getting more ridiculous by the minute. There is no argument about it, HE DOES DIVE.

12. Spawny

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have no points to argue Ronaldo dives? You are getting more ridiculous by the minute. There is no argument about it, HE DOES DIVE.</div>

Exactly ... every Man Utd fan with a bit of brain power will agree with you. So there's no need to argue your case is there?

13. Y2Kyle

Not really, practically ever match he has played in is my evidence that he dives. Not much argument needed unless you come up with some ridiculous argument yourself.

14. Spawny

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Not really, practically ever match he has played in is my evidence that he dives. Not much argument needed unless you come up with some ridiculous argument yourself.</div>

So why argue it so much if there is "not much argument needed"? Just get over it!

15. Y2Kyle

<div class="quote_poster">Spawny Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So why argue it so much if there is "not much argument needed"? Just get over it!</div>

Im not the one who created the thread.

16. Spawny

The thread wasn't started to have digs at Manchester United and Ronaldo, it was talking about divers in general and what should be done about it. You seem to have the urge to point out Ronaldo's diving antics every time as if no one has noticed it, everyone has, every Man Utd fan has, so why keep mentioning it?

17. Y2Kyle

For was first to mention Ronaldo? Me or Soliborn?

18. Spawny

bringiton actually. But you have continued it, which is what i don't understand ... Why argue you point when everyone agrees with you?

19. Y2Kyle

This is a football forum for discussion, if you can hack that. The doors wide open..

20. Spawny

I can hack it ... i'm just confused as to why you still point it out everytime when everyone already realises and has accepted it.