DMN: Rookies don't lack confidence

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Vintage, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

1:38 PM Wed, Oct 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

You know it's a rough week when rookies Martellus Bennett and Orlando Scandrick attract media hordes in the locker room.

But there's a very strong possibility that both guys will be in the starting lineup Sunday against the Giants. The second- and fifth-round picks have to prepare as if they'll replace Jason Witten and Anthony Henry, respectively.

There's no need to worry about either rookie being scared, that's for sure. They both carry themselves with a lot of swagger.

"I don't look at myself as a backup," Bennett said. "I look at myself as a complement to Witten."

Scandrick has so much confidence that reporters often kid about his Hall of Fame speech already being written. However, he's backed it up on the field, perhaps earning a role as the regular nickel back even after the rest of the cornerbacks get healthy.

"If you don't believe in yourself, no one will believe in you," Scandrick said. "I always believed in myself ... just never afraid to fail. I am not afraid to get beat. Everybody is going to get beat. But if you are not afraid of getting beat, you are going to win more than you lose."

2. Vintage

Supposedly, Wade has said that when Newman returns, Newman won't move into the slot like he used to. Rather, he'll stay on the outside....and Scandrick will remain in the slot.

3. ace1983

ace1983 New Member

Are rookies are steping up

4. Vintage

Bennett is averaging something like 18 yards per reception.

He only has 8 catches, but that's because we use him more for blocking. He'll get his chance to shine this week.

Choice has been good on special teams. And when he did get some carries, he also produced. This looks like a pretty good rookie class for us.