Do Warriors have a realistic shot at the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Purple N Gold, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Curious on what you guys think. I live in Oakland, Laker fan, but I watch the Warriors quite a bit. I like them because they come on TV all the time, so I root for them. Obviously, the number one priority for them is to stay healthy, and play well down the stretch. You haven't seen the real Warriors yet, finally Dampier is playing well after a bunch of years of me yelling at my tv because of how pitaful he plays. Warriors are built on depth, if they can stay healthy and role players produce, I think they have a good as shot as all the other teams. West is tight this year, only team that is really horrible is the Clippers. We'll just have to watch and see how this plays out.

2. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

I think they have a realistic chance at the 8th seed, they will have to battle the Nugz and Blazers for it though.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

The Warriors have already proved that they are worthy opponets and could be contenders. They will definately fight for that last playoff spot, if they can stay healthy, its definately possible.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

No, I would take the Blazers, Rockets, and Suns over them.

So I am saying the Suns will play better in the near future.

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

L.A. Lakers
    San Antonio
    Dallas
    Sacramento
    Minnesota
    Houston
    Phoenix
    Portland

I believe those teams will finish with a better record. The Warriors have played great basketball and could make the playoffs in the east, but not out west.

6. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Why even bring up this East thing? They are in Cali for cryin' out loud, people bring that point up way too much.

If I'm a player I got West too, or South where it is warm.

7. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I think they do have a great shot at making the playoffs. When Troy Murphy and Nick Van Exel come back healthy, they're going to be scary. They've already shown that they're competetive with some of the other good teams in the West, and that's without a full lineup. Even if they don't make the playoffs, they're going to be closer to making it than they were last year.

8. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Why even bring up this East thing? They are in Cali for cryin' out loud, people bring that point up way too much.

If I'm a player I got West too, or South where it is warm.</div>It is brought up so often because the East is TERRIBLE. 2 days ago there were only 3 teams in the east above .500! The Warriors, Sonics, Grizz, Jazz would all make the playoffs in the East. They are pathetic.