Does anyone deny now that Dirk is indeed SOFT!!!

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by The Dream, Apr 30, 2007.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

I do believe that Nash should be the MVP this year, but I disagree with the criteria you have set for Dirk being 'soft'. More than anything, I think last night's performance and the stats that Gators pointed out simply shuts down your arguement for the time being.</div>

I think Dirk will hold my argument. Even if the Mavs lose this series, the stats will still back him up for being a big game performer and a superstar and an MVP candidate. You can go either way for the MVP argument and I don't really know what side to vote for honestly. Honestly I thought that Dirk deserved it last year more than Nash, but Nash deserves it this year more than Dirk, so whoever wins it I will be happy. The Warriors are just a bad match up for the Mavs and this series should not be the end all of any argument for or against Dirk.

Another stat that shows Dirk's playoff level is that he has never avg 10 boards in a season, but in the playoffs he has avg double digits his last 6 years, including 5 over 11 rpg.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">how do I change my sig and save my current sig???</div>

How do I upload my signature?

I'll miss Alicia Keys.

Great post Gators. [​IMG]

3. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

4. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Dirk currently has four points in the third quarter in the biggest game of the Mavericks' season.

He shot 1-10 in the first half. He may not be "soft" but he definitely choked tonight.

5. Clear It Out

Clear It Out JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, Dirk's definitely a clutch player. Great game Dirk. Tune in to this game Dirk fanatics.

6. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

The real Dirk showed up tonight. I'd be pissed off if he gets the mvp this year.

7. skip

skip BBW Member

Mavs are getting smoked. BLOWN OUT.

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I still don't understand why the Mavericks decided to get in a shootout with the Warriors. That 3rd quarter was absolutely brutal. They played like crap on defense and bricked 3 pointer after 3 pointer on the offensive end.

Dirk played like sh!t, but so did pretty much everyone else in the 2nd half.

9. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I still don't understand why the Mavericks decided to get in a shootout with the Warriors. That 3rd quarter was absolutely brutal. They played like crap on defense and bricked 3 pointer after 3 pointer on the offensive end.

Dirk played like sh!t, but so did pretty much everyone else in the 2nd half.</div>

'Coz that's who they are. They dont believe in winning a slow paced defensive battle.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">'Coz that's who they are. They dont believe in winning a slow paced defensive battle.</div>
    If you miss 4-5 consecutive 3 pointers, I think its time to try and mix it up and maybe take the ball to the rim. And also, they don't believe in playing perimeter defense? That really was a terrible half by the Mavericks.

11. 1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom

1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom JBB JustBBall Member

OMG What is happening to the mighty Mavs! I feel sorry for Dirk. He's going to get a lot of criticisms.

12. NTC

NTC Active Member

2/13, 8 Points, 10 Rebounds, 2 Assists, knocked out in the first round to the 8th seed.

<font size=""7"">MVP! MVP! MVP!</font>

13. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Does anyone deny now that Dirk is indeed SOFT!!!</div>

I sure don't. He might have played as an MVP during the regular season, but he definetly choked in the playoffs. Go Warriors!

14. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

LMAO....take your stats, PER rating, and any other crap you have and shove them because you guys look like idiots right now (and you know it, lol)...seriously I have to question your basketball knowledge and your knowledge as a living breathing human being if you deny the "softness" this guy has.

YOU'RE 7 FEET TALL.....TRY GOING IN....MVP = MOST VALUABLE PUSS

Seriously Dallas will NEVER (I bet my life on it) win a title with this guy as their "leader"...he threw in a couple of lucky shots the other night to make you lames believers that he was indeed a leader (but I wasn't fooled neither was my intelligent friend dallas dude)....I just got back from a sports bar and Dallas fans were ripping the guy all night....open your eyes and really look at this dude....he got NO where near the basket tonight, it's one thing to play bad in an elimination game, but to shy away from the ball and not show up is just inexcusable for the MVP.....it's a disgrace to the trophy if he gets it......

8 POINTS......8 F**king points? on 2 of 13 shooting...and all of them were jump shots.........LMAO, THE DREAM = knows what the hell he's talking about and has been watching b-ball long enough to realize "softness"....I have seriously NEVER seen a MVP winner (which he probably will be even though he doesn't deserve it) play so pussish (that's a new word) for an entire series.........so do you still want dirk as your top 5 to

A. Build a team around
    B. Win a big game
    C. Take the big shot
    D. Close out a big game

if you answer yes to any of these, do me a favor and shoot yourself...seriously this argument is over......there are a lot things that I can agree to disagree on like Kobe being better than Wade, Nash not deserving the MVP, etc., but this is a case where I have to say that you're wrong...and that's the point blank bottom line.........

15. The Dream

[​IMG]

This belongs to Dirk...........

16. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO....take your stats, PER rating, and any other crap you have and shove them because you guys look like idiots right now (and you know it, lol)...seriously I have to question your basketball knowledge and your knowledge as a living breathing human being if you deny the "softness" this guy has.

YOU'RE 7 FEET TALL.....TRY GOING IN....MVP = MOST VALUABLE PUSS

Seriously Dallas will NEVER (I bet my life on it) win a title with this guy as their "leader"...he threw in a couple of lucky shots the other night to make you lames believers that he was indeed a leader (but I wasn't fooled neither was my intelligent friend dallas dude)....I just got back from a sports bar and Dallas fans were ripping the guy all night....open your eyes and really look at this dude....he got NO where near the basket tonight, it's one thing to play bad in an elimination game, but to shy away from the ball and not show up is just inexcusable for the MVP.....it's a disgrace to the trophy if he gets it......

8 POINTS......8 F**king points? on 2 of 13 shooting...and all of them were jump shots.........LMAO, THE DREAM = knows what the hell he's talking about and has been watching b-ball long enough to realize "softness"....I have seriously NEVER seen a MVP winner (which he probably will be even though he doesn't deserve it) play so pussish (that's a new word) for an entire series.........so do you still want dirk as your top 5 to

A. Build a team around
    B. Win a big game
    C. Take the big shot
    D. Close out a big game

if you answer yes to any of these, do me a favor and shoot yourself...seriously this argument is over......there are a lot things that I can agree to disagree on like Kobe being better than Wade, Nash not deserving the MVP, etc., but this is a case where I have to say that you're wrong...and that's the point blank bottom line.........</div>

Dirk had a bad series against a team that just has the Mavs number. I still take Dirk in my top 5 in all 4 categories. Just look at the all around stats of this guy in his playoff CAREER and not just a couple of select series, this series is an exception and not the rule on Dirk.

He certainly deserves to be criticized for his effort tonight and the majority of the series, but damn you act like he's not any better than a role player and complete trash. He still is a superstar and is still a Top 3 MVP candidate, regardless of what he did or didn't do in this series. He choked in this series, but he wasn't the only one, his teammates weren't very good either.

btw, you say you love when we come after Dirk looks good, how about you not coming until after he chokes.

17. The Dream

I was at a sports bar dude???....and I came in here last game after he hit those shots....anyways you guys look lame right now for defending this guy.....he's a puss plain and simple...

18. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was at a sports bar dude???....and I came in here last game after he hit those shots....anyways you guys look lame right now for defending this guy.....he's a puss plain and simple...</div>

How do I look lame for defending him? Are you telling me that not one single superstar ever chokes? Jesus christ man, give him a break. He sure as hell embarrassed himself and his teammates tonight, but what about Tmac in Game 7 several years ago, how about Tmac/Kobe when they gave up 3-1 series leads, it happens to the best of them. Your arguments about him are still proven wrong based on stats.

I'd still take Dirk Top 5, regardless of this series, BASED on his entire 82 game playoff career. I think what he has done in all of his other 82 games, plus game 7's balances this one bad game out.

You still look lame as hell in this entire argument because the only thing you got going for you is that he choked in this series and that he is a "puss". Neither of them are really good arguments what so ever. Plenty of people choke in playoff series and that he is a puss is just a matter of opinion and isn't really an argument at all. If this was his first ever playoff experience, sure call him a puss, but his entire playoff career backs me up defending his unpussish playoff career.

How am I point blank bottom line wrong when I've proven with stats that everything you have said is absolutely wrong. Your best argument is that he is a "puss" and that he choked, whoopdee fucking doo.

19. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    THE DREAM...you rock. [​IMG]

20. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

<font color=""Red"">THE DREAM: Watch your language. It could be seen as insulting and baiting.</font>