Does anyone deny now that Dirk is indeed SOFT!!!

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by The Dream, Apr 30, 2007.

1. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    well... Dirk could donate the MVP to Kobe LOL

2. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

This just shows there's so much that stats don't show about a player. All those stats about Dirk would've helped win a fantasy league title. Not an NBA title.

3. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sure Dirk "choked" his way to the finals last year as well.

Simply put, the Warriors made it a matchup battle against the Mavs and they lost. They're just not a team built to beat Nellie's Warrirors.

4. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

So if Dirk buzzed his hair after his disappointing Finals loss, what's he going to do this time? Bald Dirk perhaps?

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This just shows there's so much that stats don't show about a player. All those stats about Dirk would've helped win a fantasy league title. Not an NBA title.</div>

No that's not true because it isn't like Dirk had great stats and the Mavs lost this series (PER would tell us a lot about Dirk in this series so why is Dream talking smack about it?). The Warriors were an eighth seed but they had won five of the last six games against the Mavs before entering this series. People only defended Dirk based on what the word "soft" means (over the course of an entire career) and that the MVP is a regular season achievement, it's not that hard to understand. No one said Dirk would win against GS for sure.

6. dallasdude

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No that's not true because it isn't like Dirk had great stats and the Mavs lost this series (PER would tell us a lot about Dirk in this series so why is Dream talking smack about it?). The Warriors were an eighth seed but they had won five of the last six games against the Mavs before entering this series. People only defended Dirk based on what the word "soft" means (over the course of an entire career) and that the MVP is a regular season achievement, it's not that hard to understand. No one said Dirk would win against GS for sure.</div>

The problem with Dirk is he plays not to lose the game(a role player's mentality). He doesn't play to win the game. It's easy to put up solid numbers when you are not aggressive. If you're the #1 option and your team depends on you, you have to be willing to take risks and with the limited skillset Dirk has got, he's not going to do it.

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Think of this in totality. The playoffs aren't about seeding. They are about match-ups. And Dallas ended up with probably the ONLY team in the NBA who has their number. I wanted to see Dallas and Golden State because it would be an interesting 1st round (instead of watching the Mavs kick the hell out of the Clippers), but I didn't think the Warriors would win the series. Because I thought the pressure would get to them and the Mavs would make adjustments. Plus, pride would come into the equation. Oh well. If Dallas would have played the Clippers or Hornets, they'd be on their way to the WCF. I already expressed that I think all Dirk is, is a match up problem for traditional 4's and 5's. But he could be guarded by defensive minded players smaller than him (Baron Davis, Bruce Bowen, Artest, Hassell). It's really a shame, that Avery didn't have him in the box more (they both should have known that's where he needed to be). And it was funny when Dallas 5 and the commentators were like "Dirk's been playing like an MVP FOR THE LAST MINUTE". Dirk seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't have the aggressiveness to go to the next level. He kinda reminds me of Yao Ming who just goes through the flow of the offense. The last time, I remember, seeing some fire from Dirk was when Jason Terry gave up that 3-pointer to Nash in the playoffs and Dirk was like "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU FOUL HIM?!?!". This Dallas team is a good one and I don't know if I'd blow it up. Just give Dirk some anger management classes. Remember when he was saying that Golden State is not GIVING him much offensively, so he has to pass and rebound and etc.? That's great to realize......if you're a role player. Avery said if you're triple teamed, pass it. Double teamed, shoot it. Man to man, kill em'. And don't take all of the credit away of the playoff series loss from Avery Johnson either.

8. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

All of JBB agrees DIRK IS OFFICIALLY SOFT!!!!!!
    Dirk only played 3 good minutes this whole series and that was the last 3 minutes of game 5.

THREAD CLOSEDx

LOL!

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I have to admit Dirk was atrocious last night. His shot was off, and what caught my eye was Dirk waiting for Golden State to double him instead of attacking before the second defender could come over. He did this all night long and stopped working for position after his first 5 shots didn't go in.

10. SpeeJ

SpeeJ JBB JustBBall Member

I would be very dissapoiting if Dirk gets the award :/. But who else then?? It would be crazy if Nash would have his 3rd MVP but they don't give it to Kobe, and also it would be strange when LeBron gets it. What we got is Duncan.

11. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

the best thing that can happen for dirk now is to not win the MVP. Because if he does hes gonna be depressed for the rest of his career.

12. dallasdude

<div class="quote_poster">SpeeJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I would be very dissapoiting if Dirk gets the award :/. But who else then?? It would be crazy if Nash would have his 3rd MVP but they don't give it to Kobe, and also it would be strange when LeBron gets it. What we got is Duncan.</div>

I say give it to Nash one more year. They've already given him 2. Give him one more and make him a GOAT.

13. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was at a sports bar dude???....and I came in here last game after he hit those shots....anyways you guys look lame right now for defending this guy.....he's a puss plain and simple...</div>
    takes one to know one. where is your sig?
    sore loser and crying foul ad infinitum = actions of a puss

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have to admit Dirk was atrocious last night. His shot was off, and what caught my eye was Dirk waiting for Golden State to double him instead of attacking before the second defender could come over. He did this all night long and stopped working for position after his first 5 shots didn't go in.</div>
    The parallels between Dirk Nowitzki and Chris Bosh in the playoffs has been remarkable. Both players have played terrible due to a combination of coaching mistakes, matchup problems, and lack of intensity.They've both been disappointing (but not soft/unclutch as DREAM keeps saying).

15. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I had to miss that game for Spider-Man 3 (with it's cheesy scenes/lines)...My VCR didn't work [​IMG] I wanted to see Dirk's face when he lost.

That aside, I love how everyone went from THE REGULAR SEASON DOESN'T MATTER, PLAYOFFS ARE DIFFEREN'T...STFU!

To: Golden State had their number, they won 5/6 blah blah blah.

So damn fickle, stick with one damn argument, and if you're wrong, please stfu

16. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">And while we're touring Insider, ESPN's John Hollinger points out that Dirk Nowitzki has not been so terrible: "In reality, he's done plenty of positive things, even before his onslaught at the end of Game 5, and that's why he's had a productive series despite shooting a subpar 42.0 percent. He's averaging 11.6 rebounds per game, he's been big on D (2.0 steals and 1.6 blocks, including a game-saver Monday night), and he's been his usual low-turnover self -- just 11 in five games.

By the way: Those rebound, steal and block numbers rank sixth, second and seventh, respectively, among playoff participants.

Overall, Nowitzki's playoff PER isn't as good as his regular-season mark, but it still ranks ninth, right between Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant. No, this series hasn't been his finest moment, but it hasn't been the disaster some would have you believe either."</div>

Source: ESPN Truehoop

17. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source: ESPN Truehoop</div>

Seems about right; and I would agree Dirk had a pretty awful game 6. He shot only once in the third quarter and barely touched the ball.

Still, visions of him dropping 50 on the Suns and taking out the "real MVP's" (Nash's) team out; and his game seven Performance against the Spurs would still indicate to me that he is somewhere between clutch and soft for his entire post-season career (combined with Gators analysis as well).

18. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How do I look lame for defending him? Are you telling me that not one single superstar ever chokes? Jesus christ man, give him a break. He sure as hell embarrassed himself and his teammates tonight, but what about Tmac in Game 7 several years ago, how about Tmac/Kobe when they gave up 3-1 series leads, it happens to the best of them. Your arguments about him are still proven wrong based on stats.
    </div>

choking is one thing...there have been plenty of superstars (in every sport) that play bad in big games, but to stand in the corner the entire time and not even be apart of the game...yeah that is pretty soft to me and many people agree with me.....Kobe, A.I., and Wade all played bad in their elimination game, but at least they were actually attempting to be apart of the game...Dirk didn't even want the ball...and that's just weak if you're the "leader" of your team...I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a guy who is supposed to be a clutch big game player (like you claim he is) totally take himself out of a series and big games on "multiple" occasions....bad games yes I've seen that (kobe,bron,tmac,wade,a.i.,jordan,hakeem,bird,magic,isiah,duncan)....getting outplayed by a better player (robinson,barkley,stockton,malone,shaq) yes I've seen that to...but totally dissapearing and not showing up and taking yourself out of the game by standing in the corner the whole time AND you're the team leader????...no I've never seen someone shrink like this guy and this isn't the first time it's happened and I doubt it will be the last.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    You still look lame as hell in this entire argument </div>

actually I don't, because Dirk did exactly what I said he would.....*move around*

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How am I point blank bottom line wrong when I've proven with stats that everything you have said is absolutely wrong. Your best argument is that he is a "puss" and that he choked, whoopdee fucking doo.</div>

you mad?.....what I find funny is that after multiple times of pulling dissapearing acts in series and big games that you find it hard to find any validity in my argument or the millions of others around the world who agree with me.

19. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

you mad?.....what I find funny is that after multiple times of pulling dissapearing acts in series and big games that you find it hard to find any validity in my argument or the millions of others around the world who agree with me.</div>
    I agree that Dirk does not have "IT". He's a victim of his own talent. He never wanted to be The Man. He just wanted to be a good player on a good team. Ain't nothing wrong with that, doesn't make him "soft", just makes him miscast on his own team. He was too good of a matchup, so people tried to force him to be The Man. He'd be better with someone else taking that role.

on a side note, where is your sig?
    i don't think you should be posting monistat photos about Dirk when you've been acting like a little girl yourself ever since you lost that bet...[​IMG]

20. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Dirk is the exact opposite of a true MVP. No where to be found when his team needed him the most. He is worst than soft.