Politics DOJ (Barr) Say PDX, NYC & Seattle are Anarchist Jurisdictions

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by wizenheimer, Sep 21, 2020.

1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

more propaganda shots across the bow in out new civil war of red states vs blue states:

* "Attorney General" Bill Barr has seen fit to make official Donald Trump's threat from early September to designate the cities of New York, Seattle, and Portland "anarchist jurisdictions." This means that the administration can withhold federal funding from those cities.

According to NBC News 4, "In justifying its decision, the DOJ cited New York City's rising gun violence, cuts to the NYPD's budget, and moves by various district attorneys not to prosecute charges related to protests earlier this summer." In other words, New York City and State permitted its citizens to peacefully protest centuries-long, unhinged and unchecked police brutality against Black people.

For this, and similar "unpatriotic" (/sarcasm) behavior in Portland and Seattle, the three cities may have their federal funding choked off
    ."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...rk-city-as-an-anarchist-jurisdiction/2627588/

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/09/bill-barrs-doj-designated-nyc-portland-and

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...portland-and-seattle-jurisdictions-permitting

upload_2020-9-21_10-56-9.png

upload_2020-9-21_10-57-42.png
    [​IMG]
    **************************************************************************************

upload_2020-9-21_10-58-56.png

this is mostly some election season posturing because the DOJ knows it would lose lawsuits on this issue (although with the quality of judges trump has packed in the courts, who know)

it also displays the venomous, vindictive, pettiness of trump and the R's that have motivated many of their actions for years

keep in mind that the orange asshole thinks Covid deaths in blue states don't matter, and I'm certain millions of his followers think the same despicable thought. Jerking around some blue state funding, or at least threatening too is one of trump's go-to moves

personally, I thought the protests reached the enough-is-enough stage sometime in July. However, I'm not sure there is any constitutional or statutory framework for enforcing enough is enough. I'd also wonder if there have been any substantive changes to any major police department or is it still business as usual. Certainly, there have been plenty of instances of abuse and misconduct by police since George Floyd was killed.

Road Ratt and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  2. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

3. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

The Trump administrationofficially identified Portland, Seattle and New York City as permitting ongoing violence and failing to counteract crime, the U.S. Department of Justice on Monday announced Monday.

It suggested that could affect federal funding for the three large Democrat-run cities without specifying how. “We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance,” Attorney General William Barr said in a statement.

In a joint statement, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called the designation and threat of revoking federal funding “thoroughly political and unconstitutional.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...e-nyc-as-permitting-anarchy-and-violence.html

Chris Craig and Road Ratt like this.
  4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

I have stated before that Trump has declared war on America. I stand by that statement.

Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

This seems completely normal.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member