Donaghy speaks...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BLAZINGGIANTS, Apr 22, 2014.

1. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

The only reason I'm still talking about it is because the NBA for some reason decided to cast doubt on the result of one of their own playoff games. That's just so bizarre to me as a consumer of the NBA.

2. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think my comment and yours are mostly related.

I'd understand the NBA's move if it had been an otherwise well-officiated game. But clearly, it was not.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The objective is clear to me. It's so that nobody will say anything when they completely fuck us in game 2.

4. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I'm embarrassed for all Houston Rockets fans after reading that thread. Texas is a football state, other than the occasional LMA.

5. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

this is going to sound liek areally negative post but its really not.
    i didnt know this forum was for just talking about the positive things that surround the blazers. there are plenty of good things coming out of this forum after a great win that we deserved.
    the fact that the nba came out and singled out a call for houston IS riduculous.
    the fact that the houston fans are actually considering trying to protest the last 10 seconds of the game IS ridiculous.
    when tim donaghy comes out and says scott foster hates the blazers(which we all assumed) is definitely something to talk about. and the fact that even he notices salvatore was calling the game heavily in houstons favor. even scott van pelt on his radio show said he would have been thrown out of the game if he was stotts in game 1.
    this forum is unbearable? i dont think so, they are topics surrounding the team, would you rather have us say "yeah you're right we should play the last 10 seconds of the game?" zzz

6. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

I think the forum is concerned about how the game is going to be called tomorrow. And maybe they should be. But there is no substitute for just being better. Portland is a confident, together basketball team right now. LA is on a mission and everyone seems to be following a long. Let me ask this, Dallas a couple of years ago. Do you think they were concerned about officiating and did they let officating effect their overall game when the year they won it all? Lakers did get the calls but that didn't stop Dallas for being better. Houston can get all the calls they want. The question is will they beat a Portland team is on high right now? I don't know even if the calls are lopsided.

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

As said before, you can't "be better" if your best players are on the bench with foul trouble. Look at the Clippers in game one, they had Blake Griffin out of the game with foul trouble and they lost. Yesterday the Warriors had a bunch of guys in foul trouble early, and they got blown out. That's my concern. If they put a couple fouls on Dame and LA early, it will make winning very hard.

8. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Do you really think the calls going the one direction will be that obvious?

9. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Just thought it's worth mentioning that making refs and their blown calls media front page news after one game in the playoffs really cheapens the NBA product into reality TV BS. In baseball you could do that for every 6 pitches or so. They could review all 4qtrs and the overtime and probably find dozens of blown calls including the elbows to the groin by Howard against Rolo. The idea is play on! There were so many great stories to write about after the Portland win that this call on Howard is just making the game ugly, taking the excitement out of the series and fueling the refs to scrutinize game 2. These things should be handled in house from the NBA front office to the refs front office and fine these guys for blowing calls, not make it about Joel Freeland and Dwight Howard.

HailBlazers likes this.
  12. Nhawz

Nhawz Lickety Brindle

This.

13. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Do you think that comment at the bottom is from the real Donaghy? Quotes in articles is what I expected from him years ago. He has stuck to his betting site, but for our series, seems to be coming out of the woodwork.

14. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Interesting... from Tim's wiki page: "Donaghy attended Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania along with three other NBA referees: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Ed Malloy."

All four of those guys are shit refs. Not a single one is even passable.

15. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Repped. The 2014 playoffs have been really really good thus far, some of the most competitive matchups top to bottom ever. Why the NBA would go out of its way to cheapen a great product is beyond me.

$$$$

16. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Then please do yourself a favor and stop reading it. Your holier-than-thou act grew tiresome years ago.

BNM

17. Boob-No-More

They are pandering to their largest fan base - the Chinese.

BNM

18. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I've already posted this in 3 different threads, but, I agree!

19. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

The Chinese love a paternalistic organization that passes judgment on the decisions made by middle-level bureaucrats that keep the common man down.

20. Boob-No-More

Thanks to Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin, they also love the Houston Rockets. Nothing wrong with that, until the NBA decides pandering to the collective buying power of 1.4 billion people is more important than the integrity of the sport.

BNM