Politics Donald Trump is indisputably the worst president in American history

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

welcome to your modern day universities. Do I need to cover mainstream media as well? I can link a million other videos showing the insane ideology going on in universities

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

or you could just post an original thought and explain it

3. Cippy91

The videos are visual examples of what I have been talking about on this forum, I have tried explaining several times, some of you just refuse to get it when it's right in front of you

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Have you attended any university courses? I have had some great professors over the years...as to main stream media...that's always been a crapshoot...it's a given....the BBC is pretty reputable as a media source though.

Chris Craig likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

no Cippy….a video in front of me is another form of mainstream media...that's why we use our own filters to process events as they unfold

6. Cippy91

The videos I just linked, watch them and tell me the kids in the videos are right. They aren't. This type of insane ideology has spread through universities in recent years. It's dangerous

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I know a lot of college grads and my son is one....all well adjusted young people with good lives ….college isn't dangerous...you may not like it but it's a place where people go to learn how to learn if they do it for the right reasons. What you do with that knowledge is your choice

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. Cippy91

I am not saying all college kids are uninformed but the shit spreading around those campuses is bad for this country.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

nah...it's just shit spreading around a campus....young rage...and it's nothing new...read up on the Civil Rights movement and the Viet Nam protests...that was some rage

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
  11. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

In the lecture videos I see students questioning, using critical thinking. That is the very essence of learning. Maybe they are right, maybe they are not. The problem with those videos, is they don't show a willing conversation. A true conversation requires that both parties accept the possibility that they may be wrong.

riverman likes this.
  12. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    We had a family doctor who would make house calls back in the mid 50s. I got deathly ill once and he probably saved my life. I remember being delirious and eating a lot of chicken noodle soup and drinking a lot of 7-Up. He quarantined our house for a while. Dr. O'Shea. Probably dead for the last 50 years.

riverman and Chris Craig like this.
  13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Exactly, its young people yearning to understand the world, which has the illusion of being quite complex

riverman likes this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

My doctor back then said the worst thing you could do with sick people is bring them to a public place to sit around other sick people...and he could see the environment where you got sick in your home first hand...made sense to me

15. Cippy91

Okay I am done here. Brainwashed is what you are sir and I am sorry for you

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

you should make a video! harp at the teachers who don't have your particular affection for paranoia

17. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well actually I think the best conversations occur when both parties expect neither party to be wrong.

But I think this is an example of how out dated the concept of the University system is.
    When I wanted to become a farmer, I quickly thought I best learn how to do it. So I went to UC Davis and bought their books required to get a degree in Agriculture.
    Damn! it turned out to be one book that actually dealt with Agriculture. Big sucker, but I plowed through it in about three weeks, a little less maybe.
    Then I went to my ranch and gathered up the tools and equipment needed and went to work. Being rather mechanically minded, bought a lot of the stuff used and fixed
    it, including the seed drill.

You set the seed rate for grain in pounds per acre with a lever that adjusts the crude analog machinery. And this where the first clue of trouble hit me.

How many pound of wheat seed per acre?

Back to the book, a huge 900 page book! No damn way is there a true glossary entry for seed or what?

A week later and I do not know how much seed to buy!! Shit it has to be in the ground no later that 10 days away!

I see old Cat Wheeler out in his field, maybe a half mile away, so I get on it, over there to ask him if he knows. Sure he does, depends on this that and several other things.
    Dammit Cat! How much fucking seed for this ground?
    45#/ ac is about right.

A few years later when Google is working good on the PC, I find that dang book in digital and I search it for the answer. Not in there, the whole damn basis for degree in agriculture
    from one of the top Ag Schools in the country.

But look at how easy it is to get the answer today with nothing to do with any University.
    Just ask Google!
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=How much wheat seed per acre&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  18. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Some of ya'all could really benefit from a humanities 101 course. Just sayin'

19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Isn't that one dang near free at your local community college?

20. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Community colleges are a lot more expensive than you remember, but still in the affordable range for most of us.