Donavon McNabb

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Philly_Freak93, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I guess Culpepper, i win, where is my car?

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Something else that doesn't impress me with McNabb is that he has one of the highest percentages of errant passes of starting QB's. That's a stat the doesn't count drops or catches, just uncatchable balls. He's top 3. I know Bledsoe is number 1, but I'm not sure exactly where McNabb falls. I've watched McNabb over the years and his accuracy has a lot to be desired. And just because he can run doesn't make him a "premier" QB. Kordell Stewart can run too... Point made.

As for Cowboy saying the the jury is still out, it amazes me because McNabb isn't in his first or second year. The guy is a veteran QB. I'm suprised that you haven't really formed a full opinion. It's not like he's been on bad teams, he's fallen short with some great teams...

3. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Ok fine Steelerfan. You can think whatever you want. This is a point that can be argued forever. Did you know though that John Elway in 16 years only had his completion percentage over 60% 3 times. And the first wasnt till his 11th season.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=64

Stats dont determine shit. Elway won games, so does McNabb.

4. Bearsfan1

Elway made it past conference title game 3 times in first 11 years though

5. Steelerfan_2005

The Super Bowl titles helped as well. And I think Elway had even less talent around him.

6. Steelerfan_2005

This is my last point and I just want the Eagle fans to think about this for one second. Why is McNabb the one that always gets the overrated label? Basically only Eagle fans truly believe in him. Doesn't that make you wonder? It's not like people are saying that Favre or Culpepper are overrated. You don't hear people saying, "Oh that Peyton Manning is so overrated." I guess the rest of the world just doesn't wear Lime-colored glasses....

7. Bearsfan1

Liar, that wont be your last point. They will draw you in again.

8. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

McNabb has been on the verge 3 times in the first 4 years as a starter, thats pretty damn good.

I am not comparing McNabb to Elway. I am just trying to show another QB with less then stellar stats, but how winning in the long run is the only important factor, consider this.

McNabb
    starter: 4 years
    Pro Bowl Apperances: 4
    Playoffs: 5-4
    NFC East titles: 3

Name me another QB not named Brady that has had more success in his first 4 years as a starter???

9. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is my last point and I just want the Eagle fans to think about this for one second. Why is McNabb the one that always gets the overrated label? Basically only Eagle fans truly believe in him. Doesn't that make you wonder? It's not like people are saying that Favre or Culpepper are overrated. You don't hear people saying, "Oh that Peyton Manning is so overrated." I guess the rest of the world just doesn't wear Lime-colored glasses....</div>

I know why. Mcnabb has gotten sooo much more exposure then Culpepper, and Favre has Super Bowl to back him up. You always hear people say that Payton Manning is overrated, for the same exact reasons that McNabb is.

10. Bearsfan1

I can name a qb with more success, Jim Mcmahon one super bowl win. Well there you have Mcmahon is better than Mcnabb, alphabetically and 'statistically'

11. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

He played for the Eagles too [​IMG]

12. Steelerfan_2005

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can name a qb with more success, Jim Mcmahon one super bowl win. Well there you have Mcmahon is better than Mcnabb, alphabetically and 'statistically'</div>

Not getting sucked in... Trent Dilfer.

13. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can name a qb with more success, Jim Mcmahon one super bowl win. Well there you have Mcmahon is better than Mcnabb, alphabetically and 'statistically'</div>

Not getting sucked in... Trent Dilfer.</div>

LOL

14. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

hes not over or under, fine. he is what he is, and thats what he is.

the eagles are the most hated team in the country, thats why uz dont like him.

why dont u like him SF, reasons...

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philly_Freak93)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    </div>
    I have seen Philly fans boo there teams more than anyone else so dont give me that garbage.

16. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Plus, I think you would find that Elways passing yards and rushing yards were far above any other QB at the time he was playing. Passing offenses are a much more prevalent thing in today's football, so comparing the two isn't that easy to do. According to the stats of today's QB's, McNabb is good, not great.

17. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Elway (he only retired 5 years ago) played at the same time as:

Dan Marino
    Joe Montana
    Steve Young
    Boomer Esiason
    Jim Kelly
    Warren Moon

And thats just off the top of my head.

What are you talking about Vikingfan, those are some of the highest passers of all time.

18. Steelerfan_2005

He's talking about combo stats (rushing & passing) Only Young could come close and Young wasn't playing the whole time Elway was.

19. Steelerfan_2005

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philly_Freak93)</div><div class='quotemain'>hes not over or under, fine. he is what he is, and thats what he is.

why dont u like him SF, reasons...</div>

First of all, let me tell you that I don't have any hatred for the Eagles. I'm rather impartial. I don't really dislike McNabb on a personal level. It's not a matter of hate for me. I just don't think he's a great QB. He's not very accurate and hasn't won the big game yet. Heck he hasn't even gotten to the big game. And for the level and amount of endorsements and coverage he gets, I don't think he's that good. Does that help?

20. Steelerfan_2005

I just got sucked in again BF1... DOH! You were right as usual... <shrugs shoulders>