OT Don't Be Dissin' The American Flag

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

I am not idealistic. It's not idealistic to want our government to de-privatize our prisons, look up how much these disgusting sick f--ks make off housing Americans in prison, it's crazy. It's not idealistic to want our government to send our public schools money rather than help the rich close and privatize our schools. It's not idealistic to want Americans to get living wages. It's not alright that the rich take home the money while their workers go home, possibly to a street corner. No, I don't believe so. But that is alright, we all have our own views. And nobody here truly knows mine, only what they believe that I think. (I wish we could all actually see where the other was coming from, then we might "get" each other. Problem is people keep trying to wrap their heads around my views, or what they think my views are, and are failing miserably.)

I have no idea what the hell the Robert Frost reference was about. I didn't sleep well last night, so maybe that is why. :tongue:

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    It is idealistic by definition of ideal. It would be ideal for all prisons to be government operated without regard to profit. It would be ideal if all schools could be equal in quality which would seem to mandate that they all be public. It would be ideal if everyone could earn a living wage. Everything you've expressed is ideal. Those who strive for the ideal are idealistic.
    I've been idealistic my entire life. Perhaps that's been tempered with some practicality brought about by a lot of experience but I believe in the ideals that our Constitution allows for us to achieve.
    The Robert Frost reference had to do with there are more things to be done and the struggle must continue even though we may be tired.

3. Road Ratt

No, if people believe that people have a right to life, they must also believe that they have a right to a living wage (nothing idealistic there). We can't have Americans living on the streets, or half of America living pay check to pay check in our technological age such as we currently live in. Our congress can do better, they just don't care to do their jobs for Americans, only their rich donor friends. So Americans get a corporate friendly "gig economy" instead of living wages for American workers. Minimum wage in the U.S. hasn't been raised in over a decade, a record since minimum wages were instated. Pathetic in my opinion. Supposedly Americans want better for our children. In America now the job landscape isn't nearly as good as it was when many of us were younger. Instead of manufacturing American made goods here in America, like we did when I was a kid, they "outsourced" many of those jobs to other countries. Nowadays too many Americans are delivery drivers for the "more fortunate".

No, again. Americas prisons shouldn't have been turned into a money making industry by Bill Clinton. He also signed the bill that lengthened prison sentences, knowing fully well his rich donor friends would profit from it. Congress has also helped turn our health care system into a money making industry for the rich, to the detriment of Americans health and welfare. Look these things up, please. If any of it is in error. Let me know.

Problem is, our government directly causes most of America's problems through it's very own actions. Our government doesn't work to fix them (I can show people how both parties do it all day long, they just don't care to see). It is not idealistic to want America (our congress)... to live up to the standards that it sets for it's very own citizens.

I post the truth as I see them, facts. Nobody cares to look at them and show me where I might in error, only that they believe that I am.

Maybe someone could show me where America isn't being privatized, monopolized and corporatized to the detriment of American workers. Or, at the very least, show me where my statements might be in error.

Beyond that, this is hopefully my last post dealing with everyone else's beliefs about me personally. (Edit: I am sorry but I am done with other peoples beliefs. If they have facts I will listen. Beyond that, their "beliefs" do nothing to further our understanding of each others viewpoint(s).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    UncleCliffy'sDaddy and riverman like this.
  4. Lanny

I too am done which is what I saw originally as the predicted outcome.

5. Road Ratt

Since you refused to bring any facts of your own to the conversation, or to look up any of the facts that I posted. Thank you.

Edit: (Lanny, not once did you ever come at me with anything more than a "belief". That is not being open-minded at all. That is just telling someone that you don't believe them, might as well just tell them that they are lying, it would have been easier on both of us. Not that it matters now, we are done.)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  6. Lanny

Repeat, I am done. Please respect this.

7. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Hey @ABM , here's how John Kasich wants you to vote in November. Give it some thought?

“Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a Republican and frequent Trump critic, has been approached and is expected to speak at the Democratic National Convention on Biden’s behalf next month… Kasich is among a handful of high-profile Republicans likely to become more active in supporting Biden in the fall.”

barfo

Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  8. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    I'd want to run against Biden in 2024, as well, after he totally screws up the country.

9. barfo

So you are claiming that your political hero is so immoral that he'd work to totally screw up the country just so that he could be president himself.

That says a lot.

barfo

kjironman1 and GoBlazersGo like this.
  10. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Kasich hates Trump

Lanny likes this.
  11. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  12. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Hardly. Just because I support Kasich over Trump, doesn't mean I support Biden just because Kasich does. As mentioned above, Kasich has no love-loss for Trump. Either way, I would never vote for Biden. And, I'm gonna vote.

Lanny likes this.
  13. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Sorry, but your boy already won the race to the bottom.......worry about 2020 and let 2024 take care of itself.

14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

With the way 2020 is going I think it's cute that you guys think there will be a 2024.

Lanny, wizenheimer, THE HCP and 2 others like this.
  15. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    With the way 2020 is going, I'm not sure I want there to be a 2024

16. barfo

So you are saying you don't trust Kasich's political judgement. And yet you think he should be president.

You want to vote for someone you think would be bad at the job. When did you start hating America?

barfo

17. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    I said I wouldn't be voting for Biden. I never mentioned anything about Kasich's political judgement. Hey, I never voted for Obama. But that's not necessarily to say that I don't trust anyone's political judgement who did vote for him. I'll tell you this much, though. I support of office of the POTUS. I supported Obama while he was in office. I'd support Biden should he be elected. Up to that point, it's dog eat dog.

Lanny likes this.
  18. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    What does "support" mean in this context? In what way did you support Obama in office? Were you against McConnell and the Senate trying to block all his judicial appointees?

19. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    I really dislike those types of shenanigans on both sides.

20. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Of course there will be a 2024. We haven't even gotten to the dystopian, post apocalyptic, portion of the show yet.