Politics Dont like the guy...but I like his decision

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Hoopguru, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Montagnards come to mind.

2. Lanny

Get us out of where? No one is leaving Syria and 1,800 are being added to Saudi Arabia. That looks to me like adding rather than bringing home.

3. Lanny

LOL, that's because Trump's government provides zero funds to Doctors Without Borders. And why? Because any agency that provides any abortion assistance whatsoever is prohibited from receiving any funds at all from the US government under Trump.

4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

and United Nations

riverman and Lanny like this.
  5. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

If you remain one of the supporters of the decision to up and leave the Kurdish people to fend for themselves you should definitely google “Kurdish mom baby”, or go to twitter and find it.

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I expect Hillary Clinton will be the Democrat candidate in 2020.
    She would be ideal to get sucked into fighting for the Kurd's. I am sure Nancy and gang would vote the funds and the authorization for 10 or 15 years of that grand plan.

I suspect that she would have fought ISIS, and then left the troops on the Turk boarder even though she knew the TURKS were coming. Sure as hell some would be home in bags now, and you all would be worked as hell for fight with the Turks.

Sacrificing a few grunts wouldn't bother her. See Benghazi.

7. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Sounds like a bunch of manufactured bullshit marzy. You are learning well in how to scoop up the manure.

illmatic99 likes this.
  8. CupWizier

retired
    Plus the thousands and thousands of other troops located in hostile environments all across Europe and the Middle East. It appears this was just a ploy to allow Turkey to come in and attack the Kurds and take over a part of a country that doesn't belong to them.

calvin natt likes this.
  9. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Islamic terrorism will never seize to exist, and they kill their own. This really isn't about Turkey, Syria and others it's the hate they have for one another as a people of same origin, its Shia against Sunni, its tye insurgency into each others countries and the threat those insurgency pose to one another. It's a sad deal imo, only the Muslem nations themselves can step up and address these civil wars and if they cant it continue on like it has for centuries.

10. CupWizier

retired
    So you have made it clear you were very pro about pulling troops from Syria (even though that hasn't been the case and appears more lie than truth) how do you feel about what is happening in that region and do you think we should have allowed Turkey to come in and attack the Kurds at free wheel after they helped us to help clean up the area? It appears to have been a very poorly placed plan or it was intentional to allow Turkey to have their way. We had minimal exposure in Syria where as we have tons of troops in Afghanistan and other areas that are more critical. Why not pull those troops?

11. Hoopguru

To be honest Cup its a real pickle for many of those countries, as I didn't see a positive outcome with Turkey and the Kurds even with our few troops there along the border, Turkey made it clear they were going to deal with what they felt is an insurgency threatening their space, even with our troops there at one point or another. Again, the hate there is so deep amongst Sunnis & Shite. I don't like it when any country invades another country and innocent people are killed. Where are the other Muslim nations standing in the gap. It would seem to me that all those countries regardless of religious sect would be wanting to tackle ISSIS but they wont help each other to help themselves. Is that civilized?
    Sure we have the power in that region to turn them all to green glass but hat shouldn't ever happen. But how they don't think twice about waring against each other there should happen either.
    I knew when Obama pulled out of Iraq it would mean more death's at the hands of ISSIS and others which was and is sad.
    My son is in that region for the next year and my hope is that them being there would be helpful in some way but there are many faction there that don't see it that way and would rather see our guys gone. One way or the other.
    War is never the answer so Im hoping some kind of agreement with everyone who call that area home would be prevail and prevent innocent people from being killed.

12. CupWizier

retired
    Now we have isis prisoners escaping, civilians being killed and utter chaos in that region where as it had been quiet. Seems this call by trump to opening up for Turkey to attack has created even more chaos. Similar to what has happened since trump tore up the Iran nuclear deal and now he has shown don't trust America as we can abandon you at a moments notice.

13. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Don’t worry. We have defeated ISIS

Lanny likes this.
  14. Lanny

Our few troops there had the US Air Force and their enforcement of a no fly zone. That Air Force is no longer there.

15. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Kurdish prisoners of war are being executed.

Trump wants to get out of wars in Middle East but sent troops to help Saudi Arabia, which has created major humanitarian disaster in Yemen. Trump has properties in Saudi Arabia and Turkey. But I'm sure just coincidence.

Not widely reported that Kurdish-held areas were arguably most democratic in the Middle East. They were governed by decentralized town councils, elected. Their charter specifies freedom of speech, equality of all religions, and equal rights for women. Women participate actively in councils and fight in militias. To ensure government does not favor any religion over others, clergy are not allowed to serve on the councils.

That is clearly not something autocrats and wannabes like.

16. Hoopguru

17. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Id like this but its way too freaking sad. We need an agree button... :(

Lanny likes this.
  18. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

2800 troops are going to Saudi.

Because they apparently agreed to pay for it. And uncle Donald agreed.

Didn't realize the military could be hired mercenaries.

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Lenin wrote, “When it comes time to hang the capitalists, they will vie with each other for the rope contract.”
    —Major George Racey Jordan

I say that and I realize that it's somewhat hypocritical as fiscally I lean right...

20. CupWizier

retired
    Unfortunately this group of republicans aren't fiscally responsible as we have a president that spends spends and spends and then lies, lies and lies and his party enables it.

Lanny likes this.