Dontrelle to the Yankees?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jon_Vilma, Jul 19, 2006.

1. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yeah, well the Twins have plenty of head-to-head w/ the White Sox and Tigers.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 20 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I did some reading. And I'm pretty sure we could get Willis for J Brent Cox and Jose Tabata. Cox is a stud and a future top closer who Huston Street says is better than him, and Tabata is the next Tori Hunter.</div>The problem with them is that they are both still in Rookie ball I believe. There is a long way to go from being a Rookie ball prospect to a AAA prospect and many of those prospects fizzle out in the process which is why they generally dont have much in trade value. Now If Florida has fallen in love with either of those prospects its another story, but I wouldnt get your hopes up too much there, you will have to give away something that is major league ready to make a deal work IMO. It's kinda like saying the Mets could trade Carlos Gomez or Fernando Martinez for Barry Zito since some scouts think they will be better then Lastings Milledge.

3. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 21 2006, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 20 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I did some reading. And I'm pretty sure we could get Willis for J Brent Cox and Jose Tabata. Cox is a stud and a future top closer who Huston Street says is better than him, and Tabata is the next Tori Hunter.</div>The problem with them is that they are both still in Rookie ball I believe. There is a long way to go from being a Rookie ball prospect to a AAA prospect and many of those prospects fizzle out in the process which is why they generally dont have much in trade value. Now If Florida has fallen in love with either of those prospects its another story, but I wouldnt get your hopes up too much there, you will have to give away something that is major league ready to make a deal work IMO. It's kinda like saying the Mets could trade Carlos Gomez or Fernando Martinez for Barry Zito since some scouts think they will be better then Lastings Milledge.</div>Cox is AA, and Tabata is Low A. Tabata was the highest recruited free agent prospect and was courted by every team. Cox is a stud plain and simple and will be ready for the pros within the next two years.

4. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i want to keep Tabata, we need some speed in our OF

5. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Cox sucks. He doesn't throw hard enough to be a successful closer in my opinion. But then again, I can't predict the future.

6. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 21 2006, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i want to keep Tabata, we need some speed in our OF</div>Will we need speed in our outfield in 2-3 years though? Matsui and Damon are signed through 2009, and Sheff's contract is up after this year. So I guess if we resign Sheff we'll need Tabata when Sheff is done in 2-3 years. But then we have Melky who has shown he's good in the clutch, an above average fielder and hitter. Tabata will be better than Melky, but Melky is here and ready now. So if we go with Matsui-Damon-Melky as our starters next year, then we won't need Tabata for a long while. Why good is a speed-demon power hitter if he's on the bench? I guess we could put Matsui at DH though...

7. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 22 2006, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cox sucks. He doesn't throw hard enough to be a successful closer in my opinion. But then again, I can't predict the future.</div>I'm reading that his fastball is 93. That's not terrible. It's not dominating, but it's good enough. Rivera doesn't win games on his fastball.

8. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 22 2006, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 22 2006, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cox sucks. He doesn't throw hard enough to be a successful closer in my opinion. But then again, I can't predict the future.</div>I'm reading that his fastball is 93. That's not terrible. It's not dominating, but it's good enough. Rivera doesn't win games on his fastball.</div>Really? I thought it was like 89-91. I guess you know more about him than I do.

9. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 20 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I did some reading. And I'm pretty sure we could get Willis for J Brent Cox and Jose Tabata. Cox is a stud and a future top closer who Huston Street says is better than him, and Tabata is the next Tori Hunter.</div>I really dont think so. Tabata is a mid-level prospect and Cox may be a decent closer but doesn't have extremely nasty stuff. Can I see the quote where Street says he's better than him?

10. Nebkreb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 22 2006, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 21 2006, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i want to keep Tabata, we need some speed in our OF</div>Will we need speed in our outfield in 2-3 years though? Matsui and Damon are signed through 2009, and Sheff's contract is up after this year. So I guess if we resign Sheff we'll need Tabata when Sheff is done in 2-3 years. But then we have Melky who has shown he's good in the clutch, an above average fielder and hitter. Tabata will be better than Melky, but Melky is here and ready now. So if we go with Matsui-Damon-Melky as our starters next year, then we won't need Tabata for a long while. Why good is a speed-demon power hitter if he's on the bench? I guess we could put Matsui at DH though...</div>Damon is 30 +, Sheffield wont be resigned (or he shouldnt be) and Cabrera can step in. Matsui puts a lot of effort in, but is lackluster on defense. When giambis contract expires, i hope we let him go. Hes been good for us and i like him a lot, its just that we are trying to get younger and faster, and he doesnt fit that.

11. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 23 2006, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damon is 30 +, Sheffield wont be resigned (or he shouldnt be) and Cabrera can step in. Matsui puts a lot of effort in, but is lackluster on defense. When giambis contract expires, i hope we let him go. Hes been good for us and i like him a lot, its just that we are trying to get younger and faster, and he doesnt fit that.</div>Giambi is signed through the 2008 season, BTW.And that sounds fine then.Matsui-Damon-Cabrera in the OF with Giambi at DH for the next two years. (2007 and 2008)thenDamon-Tabata-Cabrera with Matsui at DH in 2009.then 2010 Damon at 35 is allowed to move on to Kansas City or whomever. And Matsui is retained at a decent price (35 years old as well) to continue on as our DH. Our OF is Tabata-Cabrera and someone who we'll either sign or draft by then.I'm sure next year either Duncan will be able to move up or we'll sign a FA 1st baseman.

12. Brooksie5

You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.

13. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.</div>Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?

14. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 23 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.</div>Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?</div>Cause you're the Yankees?

15. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 23 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.</div>Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?</div>Cause you're the Yankees?</div>Hater. When we have good young studs we don't let them go. We do 1 of two things: Sign them to long-term, fat contrats (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) or we trade them for better studs (Soriano for A-Rod). We'll never let Tabata, Cano, Cabrera, and.or Duncan walk. Not to mention Hughes and Cox.

16. Brooksie5

[quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59684' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:31 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59682' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:29 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59679' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:25 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59677' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM']You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.[/quote]Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?[/quote]Cause you're the Yankees?[/quote]Hater. When we have good young studs we don't let them go. We do 1 of two things: Sign them to long-term, fat contrats (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) or we trade them for better studs (Soriano for A-Rod). We'll never let Tabata, Cano, Cabrera, and.or Duncan walk. Not to mention Hughes and Cox.[/quote]I'm willing to put money down that at least one of them (Tbata, Cano, Cabrera, Duncan, Hughes, Cox) are gone by the end of next season.You never let good studs go... Dioneer Navarro? He's a friggin stallion, and you gave him away to LAD, now he's in TB and is ready to lite the Yanks up.

17. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='Brooksie5' post='59686' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:33 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59684' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:31 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59682' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:29 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59679' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:25 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59677' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM']You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.[/quote]Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?[/quote]Cause you're the Yankees?[/quote]Hater. When we have good young studs we don't let them go. We do 1 of two things: Sign them to long-term, fat contrats (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) or we trade them for better studs (Soriano for A-Rod). We'll never let Tabata, Cano, Cabrera, and.or Duncan walk. Not to mention Hughes and Cox.[/quote]I'm willing to put money down that at least one of them (Tbata, Cano, Cabrera, Duncan, Hughes, Cox) are gone by the end of next season.You never let good studs go... Dioneer Navarro? He's a friggin stallion, and you gave him away to LAD, now he's in TB and is ready to lite the Yanks up.[/quote]Nick Johnson. lol

18. Nebkreb

duncan will be gone...aparently....the organization is angry at how long it is taking him to progress...and looking to trade him

19. Jon_Vilma

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='59687' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:35 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59686' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:33 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59684' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:31 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59682' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:29 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='59679' date='Jul 23 2006, 07:25 PM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='59677' date='Jul 23 2006, 08:22 PM']You can't expect the Yankees to keep Tabata, Cabrera, AND Duncan for four years. They'll be lucky to still have one on the team.[/quote]Why not? We have the money to keep our young studs. Just like we kept Posada, Rivera, and Jeter when they were due big contracts. Why let a good thing go?[/quote]Cause you're the Yankees?[/quote]Hater. When we have good young studs we don't let them go. We do 1 of two things: Sign them to long-term, fat contrats (Jeter, Rivera, Posada, etc.) or we trade them for better studs (Soriano for A-Rod). We'll never let Tabata, Cano, Cabrera, and.or Duncan walk. Not to mention Hughes and Cox.[/quote]I'm willing to put money down that at least one of them (Tbata, Cano, Cabrera, Duncan, Hughes, Cox) are gone by the end of next season.You never let good studs go... Dioneer Navarro? He's a friggin stallion, and you gave him away to LAD, now he's in TB and is ready to lite the Yanks up.[/quote]Nick Johnson. lol[/quote]Johnson.... lol is right. Average.Navarro? We'll wait and see on him. "Gave him away" is your way of saying "used him to get Randy Johnson."

20. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Since when is .302/.429/.545, 14 HR/46 RBI Average?Higher On Base Percentage, Slugging Percentage and Power Numbers then Mr. Yankee (Jeter) himself.