Dontrelle to the Yankees?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jon_Vilma, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Not to mention Johnson is on my fantasy team [​IMG].

2. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

wow..comparing Jeter and Dioner Navarro...are you retarded??wow! he has better power #s!! Jeter never was, and never will be a power guy. He is a pure average hitter, gets on base, moves guys over, etc. Not to mention his defense and leadership blow Navarro out of the water.Rankings of baseball skill:JeterThe monster in my closetNavarro

3. ST34LTH

ST34LTH NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Comparing Dioner Nivarro to Derek Jeter? ha

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 24 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow..comparing Jeter and Dioner Navarro...are you retarded??wow! he has better power #s!! Jeter never was, and never will be a power guy. He is a pure average hitter, gets on base, moves guys over, etc. Not to mention his defense and leadership blow Navarro out of the water.Rankings of baseball skill:JeterThe monster in my closetNavarro</div>You do realize I was talking about Nick Johnson, right? [​IMG] And as I showed, Nick Johnson gets on base more then Jeter, Has Better Defense, which by the way, Jeter's defense might be one of the most overrated aspects of his game because he has poor range, and only won a Gold Glove because Omar Vizquel left the AL and Alex Rodriguez was forced into switching positions (Even though Jeter's skillset would make him the better Third Baseman, but thats another debate for another time).

5. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 24 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow..comparing Jeter and Dioner Navarro...are you retarded??wow! he has better power #s!! Jeter never was, and never will be a power guy. He is a pure average hitter, gets on base, moves guys over, etc. Not to mention his defense and leadership blow Navarro out of the water.Rankings of baseball skill:JeterThe monster in my closetNavarro</div>Well if you read, maybe you would know why I did that. He said the Yankees never trade away great prospects. Dioneer was and is a great prospect, and he could become better than Jeter someday, you never know. I obviously wouldn't compare their MLB careers, cause that wouldn't be fair to Navarro. He's only 22, and is one of the best catcher spects out there, and he's in the majors already, so he's pretty good.

6. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 23 2006, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when is .302/.429/.545, 14 HR/46 RBI Average?Higher On Base Percentage, Slugging Percentage and Power Numbers then Mr. Yankee (Jeter) himself.</div>Yours comparing Nick Johnson to Derek Jeter? Seriously? The clutchness of Jeter, the .346 BA to his .302? The career best clutch hitter to Nick Johnson isn't even a top 10 1st baseman. Thus he is average.By the way, Johnson's BA RISP W2 is .182Jeter's is .395A-Rod's: .300 and he's considered shitty in the clutch. What does that mean for a .182 guy? LOL!

7. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 25 2006, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 23 2006, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when is .302/.429/.545, 14 HR/46 RBI Average?Higher On Base Percentage, Slugging Percentage and Power Numbers then Mr. Yankee (Jeter) himself.</div>Yours comparing Nick Johnson to Derek Jeter? Seriously? The clutchness of Jeter, the .346 BA to his .302? The career best clutch hitter to Nick Johnson isn't even a top 10 1st baseman. Thus he is average.</div>Batting average is kinda irrelevant. Why should it matter if Jeter gets more hits if Nick Johnson gets on base more often by walks. They all count the same in the grand scheme of things. Thus why On Base Percentage is the better stat. And its Nick Johnsons .429 OBP > Derek Jeters .424 OBP.And Jeter has been so clutch that in his 'great' postseason career he has a lower Sluggling and On Base Percentage in the Playoffs then Mr. Anti-Clutch in Alex Rodriguez. [​IMG] Back on topic though, is that its seeming EXTREMELY unlikely that Willis gets traded before the deadline. The Marlins seem content on keeping their roster togeather unless a team extremely overpays for someone.

8. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 25 2006, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 25 2006, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 23 2006, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when is .302/.429/.545, 14 HR/46 RBI Average?Higher On Base Percentage, Slugging Percentage and Power Numbers then Mr. Yankee (Jeter) himself.</div>Yours comparing Nick Johnson to Derek Jeter? Seriously? The clutchness of Jeter, the .346 BA to his .302? The career best clutch hitter to Nick Johnson isn't even a top 10 1st baseman. Thus he is average.</div>Batting average is kinda irrelevant. Why should it matter if Jeter gets more hits if Nick Johnson gets on base more often by walks. They all count the same in the grand scheme of things. Thus why On Base Percentage is the better stat. And its Nick Johnsons .429 OBP > Derek Jeters .424 OBP.And Jeter has been so clutch that in his 'great' postseason career he has a lower Sluggling and On Base Percentage in the Playoffs then Mr. Anti-Clutch in Alex Rodriguez. [​IMG] Back on topic though, is that its seeming EXTREMELY unlikely that Willis gets traded before the deadline. The Marlins seem content on keeping their roster togeather unless a team extremely overpays for someone.</div>Way to ignore the issue.

9. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 25 2006, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Way to ignore the issue.</div>What exactly was the issue?That Jeter is 'clutch' even though hes batted under .250 8 Times in a Playoff Series?

10. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 24 2006, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 24 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow..comparing Jeter and Dioner Navarro...are you retarded??wow! he has better power #s!! Jeter never was, and never will be a power guy. He is a pure average hitter, gets on base, moves guys over, etc. Not to mention his defense and leadership blow Navarro out of the water.Rankings of baseball skill:JeterThe monster in my closetNavarro</div>You do realize I was talking about Nick Johnson, right? [​IMG] And as I showed, Nick Johnson gets on base more then Jeter, Has Better Defense, which by the way, Jeter's defense might be one of the most overrated aspects of his game because he has poor range, and only won a Gold Glove because Omar Vizquel left the AL and Alex Rodriguez was forced into switching positions (Even though Jeter's skillset would make him the better Third Baseman, but thats another debate for another time).</div>And as you ignored, he has a TERRIBLE BA RISP W2

11. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 27 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And as you ignored, he has a TERRIBLE BA RISP W2</div>How can I ignore something that wasnt in the post until you added it afterwards?Thus why it wasnt there when I QUOTED the post.In 2003-2005 with Runners in Scoring PositionsDerek Jeter hit .288/.380/.405 with 8 Home Runs and 147 RBI in 393 At-Bats in scoring position.Nick Johnson hit .286/.452/.470 with 8 Home Runs and 113 RBI in 266 At-Bats in scoring position.So yeah, Nick Johnson has struggled this season with RISP playing for a poor Washington team whereas Derek Jeter done well playing for the Yankees, but their past 3 full seasons with RISP are extremely similar. So I dont really see your point.If Jeter is so 'clutch', where was he those 8 Playoffs Series That he batted under .250?Hell, A-Rod has only pulled that off twice in playoff series that hes seen Significant time and hes been the better hitter then Jeter in his playoff career. Yet, you guys boo him for being 'Anti-Clutch'. [​IMG]

12. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 27 2006, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jul 27 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And as you ignored, he has a TERRIBLE BA RISP W2</div>How can I ignore something that wasnt in the post until you added it afterwards?Thus why it wasnt there when I QUOTED the post.In 2003-2005 with Runners in Scoring PositionsDerek Jeter hit .288/.380/.405 with 8 Home Runs and 147 RBI in 393 At-Bats in scoring position.Nick Johnson hit .286/.452/.470 with 8 Home Runs and 113 RBI in 266 At-Bats in scoring position.So yeah, Nick Johnson has struggled this season with RISP playing for a poor Washington team whereas Derek Jeter done well playing for the Yankees, but their past 3 full seasons with RISP are extremely similar. So I dont really see your point.If Jeter is so 'clutch', where was he those 8 Playoffs Series That he batted under .250?Hell, A-Rod has only pulled that off twice in playoff series that hes seen Significant time and hes been the better hitter then Jeter in his playoff career. Yet, you guys boo him for being 'Anti-Clutch'. [​IMG]</div>*Yawn* I boo no one.

13. Nebkreb

ADOV, normally i agree with you. but ur just a bitter met fan, who has had to endure the past decade watching the yankees succeed.saying derek jeter is a worse hitter than nick johnson is a pathetic assertion made by someone who is insanely jealous of the success that jeter has had in NY.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 29 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ADOV, normally i agree with you. but ur just a bitter met fan, who has had to endure the past decade watching the yankees succeed.saying derek jeter is a worse hitter than nick johnson is a pathetic assertion made by someone who is insanely jealous of the success that jeter has had in NY.</div>Whats there to be jealous of? A proud franchise that has turned itself into a 200 million doller joke that chokes in big spots? No thanks.

15. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jul 29 2006, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 29 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ADOV, normally i agree with you. but ur just a bitter met fan, who has had to endure the past decade watching the yankees succeed.saying derek jeter is a worse hitter than nick johnson is a pathetic assertion made by someone who is insanely jealous of the success that jeter has had in NY.</div>Whats there to be jealous of? A proud franchise that has turned itself into a 200 million doller joke that chokes in big spots? No thanks.</div>You do realize the Yankees only pay about 160 or so for their 190+ Million dollar roster. The rest is paid for by other teams (Like the Rangers are paying 10 million dollars this year for US to have A-Rod) after we take on their huge contracts for them in exchange for prospects.

16. Nebkreb

explain how the most dominant team of the past decade is "choking" we had one choke (against the Sox) and against the DBacks, they were lucky.id rather be what were are then the met, who have been pitiful, making it to one WS, and brutally choking it away on stupid baserunning and lack of talent.and jon vilma is correct - a lot of teams pay portions of those salaries.AND - the mets owner, wilpon or w/e, he can afford to pay more payroll, he just refuses.

17. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 30 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>explain how the most dominant team of the past decade is "choking" we had one choke (against the Sox) and against the DBacks, they were lucky.id rather be what were are then the met, who have been pitiful, making it to one WS, and brutally choking it away on stupid baserunning and lack of talent.and jon vilma is correct - a lot of teams pay portions of those salaries.AND - the mets owner, wilpon or w/e, he can afford to pay more payroll, he just refuses.</div>They choked against the Marlins also buddy. Last year led by A-Rod they choked against the angels. They made it to 4 world series buddy. '73, '00, '86, and '69. Why would he want to pay more payroll when the mets are the best team in the NL?

18. Nebkreb

we didnt choke against the Marlins - they were the better team that year. Same with the Angels lat year. Choking - having a chance to win, but giving it away. Against those teams, they beat us. not choking. they made it to 4 world series...IN THEIR HISTORY. i saidin the last decade. pay attention

19. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

[quote name='Nebkreb' post='60983' date='Jul 30 2006, 02:59 PM']we didnt choke against the Marlins - they were the better team that year. Same with the Angels lat year. Choking - having a chance to win, but giving it away. Against those teams, they beat us. not choking. they made it to 4 world series...IN THEIR HISTORY. i saidin the last decade. pay attention[/quote]They were a better team because they beat you. If you compare the lineups then you'll see the Yanks shouldve won it. You can make a point against the Angels but what can you say when the MVP didnt record a single RBI in the series.Plus you werent talking about the mets in the last decade. You were talking about the Yanks. If you did then you didnt make it clear.
    Compare the Yankees 189 hr's to the Marlins 126.Compare the Yankees 659 rbi's to the Marlins 553.Compare the Yankees combined average of .276 to the Marlins .249As you can see the Yankees and an alot better offense than the Marlins. They hit for more average, rbi's and HR's.The Marlins still had a young Cabrera on the bench. The only significant player on their bench was Lenny harris who holds the major league record for pinch hits. Compare that to Sierra, Karim Garcia and Zeile. And all those numbers against arguably a better league than the Marlins are in.If you desire to compare pitching then here it goes.
    Compare the Yankees Staff Era of 4.29 to the Marlins 3.67.The only major category that the Marlins take. The Yankees scored more than 4 runs a game so pitching wasnt desperately needed like they do now. With the offense they had they could afford an era of a run more than the Marlins. And of course who closes out the games. The most dominant closer of all time. The one they call automatic. Mr. Mariano Rivera himself.The Bottom line the Yankees did have a better team than the Marlins. They put up better numbers in a more difficult league. To say that they didnt coach is ridicoulous. I showed you how the yankees were a better team that year. Not to mention a world series of a Division Winner to a WildCard Winner.

20. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 30 2006, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>explain how the most dominant team of the past decade is "choking" we had one choke (against the Sox) and against the DBacks, they were lucky.</div>Did I read earlier that you were calling Venom a bitter Mets fan? You seem to be a sore loser.