Dontrelle to the Yankees?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jon_Vilma, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

sore loser of what...the subway series..no wait, we won!and dude - gotskills - you dontk now, but the marlins beat us as in played better. we didnt have a chance to win that series. Beckett and Willis were dominant the whole series. Arod did choke that series, (batted like .192) but the angels were a better (and obviously, i mean better that they were playing better at the time.)BASEBALL is a game of momentum. both the marlins and angels were playing better. Baseball isnt decided by the best team, but the team playing the best.

2. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 31 2006, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sore loser of what...the subway series..no wait, we won!and dude - gotskills - you dontk now, but the marlins beat us as in played better. we didnt have a chance to win that series. Beckett and Willis were dominant the whole series. Arod did choke that series, (batted like .192) but the angels were a better (and obviously, i mean better that they were playing better at the time.)BASEBALL is a game of momentum. both the marlins and angels were playing better. Baseball isnt decided by the best team, but the team playing the best.</div>They played better BECAUSE YOU GUYS FREAKIN CHOKED. YOu play bad when you choke Nekreb. Yes you did have a choice to win the Series. You talk about Willis and Beckett but you guys had Clemens, Wells, Petite, etc. You guys had some really good pitchers. None of that dominant stuff because I showed you how good the yankees offense was compared to the Marlins. You talk about Momentum but who has more momentum. A wildcard winner or a Division winner. Of course the division winner has more confidence since they won more games and like i said in a more competitive league. Dont make excuses for your precious yankees choking.

3. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 31 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sore loser of what...the subway series..no wait, we won!and dude - gotskills - you dontk now, but the marlins beat us as in played better. we didnt have a chance to win that series. Beckett and Willis were dominant the whole series. Arod did choke that series, (batted like .192) but the angels were a better (and obviously, i mean better that they were playing better at the time.)BASEBALL is a game of momentum. both the marlins and angels were playing better. Baseball isnt decided by the best team, but the team playing the best.</div>You are a sore loser because you lost and your excuse is "they were just lucky". Can't you accept the fact you are going to lose some.

4. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If the Yankees choked last year losing 3-2 in the first round, what about the Sox who got swept?

5. Nebkreb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 31 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 31 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sore loser of what...the subway series..no wait, we won!and dude - gotskills - you dontk now, but the marlins beat us as in played better. we didnt have a chance to win that series. Beckett and Willis were dominant the whole series. Arod did choke that series, (batted like .192) but the angels were a better (and obviously, i mean better that they were playing better at the time.)BASEBALL is a game of momentum. both the marlins and angels were playing better. Baseball isnt decided by the best team, but the team playing the best.</div>You are a sore loser because you lost and your excuse is "they were just lucky". Can't you accept the fact you are going to lose some.</div>i know we are gonna lose some...does that mean im supposed to expect it? no. i want to win every game (dont you?)

6. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Aug 2 2006, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jul 31 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Jul 31 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sore loser of what...the subway series..no wait, we won!and dude - gotskills - you dontk now, but the marlins beat us as in played better. we didnt have a chance to win that series. Beckett and Willis were dominant the whole series. Arod did choke that series, (batted like .192) but the angels were a better (and obviously, i mean better that they were playing better at the time.)BASEBALL is a game of momentum. both the marlins and angels were playing better. Baseball isnt decided by the best team, but the team playing the best.</div>You are a sore loser because you lost and your excuse is "they were just lucky". Can't you accept the fact you are going to lose some.</div>i know we are gonna lose some...does that mean im supposed to expect it? no. i want to win every game (dont you?)</div>Yeah, I do. But the way you said it "they were just lucky" made it seem like you can't accept the fact you are going to lose some. Oh well though.

7. Nebkreb

obviously - you arent going to win every game. but if you give the ball to your closer (not to mention the best closer in baseball history) witrh a lead and three more outs, you would expect to win. and if you manage to come back against mariano rivera in the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game of the world series, then you are in fact lucky.

8. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Or Rivera uncharacteristically buckled under pressure...?

9. Nebkreb

if rivera buckling under pressure happens to you (which is like a 1/4839593 chance) that is luck right there

10. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Aug 4 2006, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if rivera buckling under pressure happens to you (which is like a 1/4839593 chance) that is luck right there</div>Stop making some bs excuses to why the yankees lost. dont blame it on luck because the yankees couldve won in any of the 4 games. They just couldnt and were overmatched. Mo isnt perfect, he will screw up some times just like he did with the mets this year. :]

11. Nebkreb

i never said they didnt lose...they lost. i acknowledge that. happy now?

12. GotSkillz92

Thank you. Doesnt that feel much better?