Doug Christie Traded To Magic For Cuttino Mobley And Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by .cabangbang, Jan 10, 2005.

1. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

The Kings are changing..I can't believe Christie is not going to be in a kings uniform either..hopefully they change for the good, but I so badly wished the Kings won a championship with their old team; they really deserved it. Christie was a great player and is still an okay player. I hope the Kings don't trade Webber..he is not a cancer!

2. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">that is the worst trade ever for the magic. why would u trade ur second best player and best shooter. for the kings it is a good trade. how they pulled it off i dont know</div>
    Steve Francis and Hill are better than Mobley.

3. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Man, you guys made out like bandits on this trade, good job.

You recieved one of the most under-rated players in the league that's capable of putting up 20 pts a game for a guy who is a good defender but has about 3 years left in his careeer.

4. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

It's too bad that we traded Christie to the Magic,as i really liked him.In my opinion he was very underated,but i guess Petrie thought he was exependable,so we said adios amigo to him.

But on the other hand Mobley can score and rebound.so this move might not be so bad after all,but still Christie was a great member of the Kings for a while,i wish him well with the Magic.

So hopefully this move will turn out to be a great one in the long run.

5. stkf

stkf BBW Member

really like the deal.... we just have to outscore everyone

6. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBAFan4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">really like the deal.... we just have to outscore everyone</div>

I Think with this move...we have a better rebounder and scorer than with Christie this season.i can't wait to see him play tonight!

7. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

I cant say that its good or bad at this point.
    really it leaves virtually no one on one defenders on this team. Martin and Evans can play good defense from time to time, but really they are unproven.
    on the other hand... DC has never really been a factor offensivly save for maybe a couple games per year. last year was his best, but look at what was going on with the team last year. It stands to reason that he would have a better year.

for the Magic, they are picking up a solid one on one defender that can play multiple positions well and has a great head for the game. DC is one of the best in the league when it comes to knowledge of the game and never quits no matter how things are going in the game.... If Orlando was looking for someone to play defense & not really worried about their offensive game, this is a great trade for them. for the Kings, this adds offensive power. Im not really sure if the game plan of just plain outscoring your opponents and using a team defense style that is not 100% reliable is really going to work well... but I guess we are going to find out arnt we?

8. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I wasnt aware that Christies defense was so good this year.Basically petrie is the ultimate hustler.We just traded a guy whos play has dropped off for an explosive scorer who is also a capable defender.

9. Whatthef?

Whatthef? Sactown Laker

millionaire
    Peja next?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. Christie was a nice piece to have around, but he was making 7.5 million dollars this season, to be followed by 8.2 million dollars in 2005-2006. His production since his injury has fallen off, and he's a questionable paycheck even when he's healthy.

The way I see things, we've lost a little bit of defense in exchange for more youth, more athleticism, and more offensive fire power. We've widened our core of future players with this transaction, Certainly Doug Christie and future were never used in the same sentence amongst the fans of Sacramento. Cuttino Mobley on the other hand can become a major contributor on this ball club for several years to come, and it's about time The Kings office starts thinking about future stability!</div>

CM is a free agent next year and will not resign with the Kings. He is just like Anthony Peeler, rent a scorer. This trade does not make sense standing alone, however if this is part of a bigger forthcoming trade, it might. The Kings have picked up a scorer when they needed a back up point guard, but if now they trade a disgruntled Peja for another defensive forward and point guard this makes sense. I know the Lakers are happy DC is gone, he added alot of nastiness to the Qings. [​IMG]

10. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting whatthef?:</div><div class="quote_post">CM is a free agent next year and will not resign with the Kings. He is just like Anthony Peeler, rent a scorer. This trade does not make sense standing alone, however if this is part of a bigger forthcoming trade, it might. The Kings have picked up a scorer when they needed a back up point guard, but if now they trade a disgruntled Peja for another defensive forward and point guard this makes sense. I know the Lakers are happy DC is gone, he added alot of nastiness to the Qings. [​IMG]</div>

He has a player option for next season, about 6.4 Million Dollars. Look at it this way, DC was due to make 8.2 million next season and that's for contributions that are a major drop off from previous seasons. Why not resign Mobley, who's alot more youthful and productive, give him what you were scheduled to pay Christie, and tack on an xtra million? Who's to say Mobley wouldn't except that? He's already intrigued by Sacramento's style of play and if he can fit in well with our roster, I couldn't imagine a better fit in another franchise. It's just like last season with Rasheed, if they do well with his addition, he'll likely be around next season. End of story...

11. GiantMidget

What else can be said KJX3?Haters wanna hate.All the non kings fans are just mad cause the kings always get the best end of trades(bibby,miller,now mobley).The kings picked up eddie house for their backup point guard troubles and basically upgraded the starting shooting guard spot.Yes mobley has an option on his contract next year and we can resign him for cheaper than what christie would have cost.Who's the big winner?The Kings,of course...

12. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">What else can be said KJX3?Haters wanna hate.All the non kings fans are just mad cause the kings always get the best end of trades(bibby,miller,now mobley).The kings picked up eddie house for their backup point guard troubles and basically upgraded the starting shooting guard spot.Yes mobley has an option on his contract next year and we can resign him for cheaper than what christie would have cost.Who's the big winner?The Kings,of course...</div>

I Could care less about the Kings hater's out there.Let them all hate,for all i care.we got some great pickups like you said,and i do believe that these new aquisations will help us in the future of the Kings.and hey i don't care what people say about us,because true fans just couldn't give a rat's you know what on anything negative on the Kings [​IMG]

13. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

I liked Christie while he was here in Sacramento, but as it's been said, the production wasn't quite there. As long as Mobley helps the team to our goal, I welcome help with open arms.

14. stkf

stkf BBW Member

great trade 4 Sacto... even tho mobley hasnt played yet.... we are 2-0 and proving we got depht with House Evand and Martin

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

This was a steal for the Kings. Cuttino Mobley is still a young player and he's actually a solid defender. Of course he's known more for his offense and outside shooting, but the Cat is a solid one on one defender. He still struggles with team defense, but playing for the Kings, it's not going to be much of a factor anyways. I'm curious if the Kings make another move by trading Peja or Webber. Adding Mobley gives them a lot of options because he can pick up the slack at scoring if they do trade Peja or Webber. Trading a core player and their best defender could be another indication the Kings are looking to reload and get younger while Webber still has trade value.

16. ice ice BIBBY

ice ice BIBBY JBB JustBBall Member

i will alwyas miss DC

but....

i REALLY cannot wait to see CMob play tonight...can't wait

17. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

First off, Let me say that I am a huge DC fan.

With that said, I'll admit that he was an overrated defender. People tend to overrate certain qualities in players when other parts of their game is lacking. Everyone knows that DC wasn't exactly brilliant on the offensive end. That caused most people to overstate his defensive abilities because it's his only strong point. That, combined with the fact that he was surrounded by a collection of some of the worst man to man defenders caused him to earn a reputation that he probably didn't deserve.

Cat Mobley is not a bad defender, by any means. The reason you don't hear about his defensive ability is because he is such a prolific offensive player. I've been watching him play since he went to college at The University of Rhode Island, and I've been a fan of his ever since. He is a solid all-around player, and it's great to have him on the Kings.

18. MR_SAC_KING

I Will miss D.C,but hey i think the Kings will be fine in the long run...Just a hunch i have here.

19. GiantMidget

[​IMG] At the Lakers fan trying to say that the acquistion of Mobley is a sign that Webber or Peja is going to be traded.OF COURSE Webber wont be traded.As the best passing big man in the league as well as a very good pf,it would be silly to do given the Kings system.Geoff Petrie isnt silly.As for Peja,if they wouldnt even consider him for Artest then who could he possibly be traded for?

20. bigsheldy

bigsheldy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] At the Lakers fan trying to say that the acquistion of Mobley is a sign that Webber or Peja is going to be traded.OF COURSE Webber wont be traded.As the best passing big man in the league as well as a very good pf,it would be silly to do given the Kings system.Geoff Petrie isnt silly.As for Peja,if they wouldnt even consider him for Artest then who could he possibly be traded for?</div>
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Webber or Peja shipped off this season. I never would have thought that Christie would be traded, but alas, he's gone now. Petrie doesn't allow rumors to start, which is why Kigns trades are so surprising.