Down On The Farm Minor League Reports

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by YankeesDaily, Aug 2, 2008.

1. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

I could of been nicer about it but I didn't care to because he's on the Red Sox.

2. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

Minor League Playoff Report 9/05/08 Trenton moves on

Minor League Playoffs Trenton moves on

It looks like Scranton is 1 game away from going to the finals. Of all pitchers the Wilkes/Barre Yankees had to rely on, it was Kei Igawa and he came through. That’s unbelievable. He pitched 7 innings giving up 1 earned run. He gave up 2 runs but 1 was unearned. What do you say about him? Do you bring him up? I mean, the Yankees are out of it whether you want to believe that or not. Justin Christian scored a run. Ben Broussard scored 2 runs while going 3 for 3. Eric Duncan hit a monster blast driving in 3. It was an impressive win.

Now I went to minorleaguebaseball.com and the writer for Trenton wrote that hero Colin Curtis walked with the bases loaded to help Trenton win the game in the top of the 9th and on to the Eastern Finals. What a way to win. Better yet, what a way to lose. Jason Jones didn’t pitch well for Trenton giving up 4 earned runs in 6 innings. The bottom line is that Trenton won, right? Even though he hit a bomb the other night, Austin Jackson finished with a low batting average. I’m really not surprised because he finished the year at .285. The greatest thing about this was that the series was a sweep. Anything with sweep and with the Red Sox name on the end of it is good.

Triple A

Scranton/WB Recap - Scranton/Wilkes Barre Yankees official
    Scranton/WB Box Score - Scranton/Wilkes Barre Yankees official

Double A

Trenton Thunder Recap - Trenton Thunder Official
    Trenton Thunder Box Score - Trenton Thunder Official
    Thunder walk into Championship Series - Danny Wild - Minor League Baseball

Class A Short-Season

Staten Island Yankees Recap – Staten Island Yankees Official
    Staten Island Yankees Box Score – Staten Island Yankees Official

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008