Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I think Eric Winston is the most athletic out of all the tackles. He is going to have to have quick feet going up against Mike Rucker and Will Smith. I like Winston the best, his stock is boosting every day, and he will end up in Tampa

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Winston is more of a project. His stock has slipped in the recent months. He's a late first - early 2nd projection. He was once thought of as a top 20 pick but he had an awful season and an average Senior Bowl. He still needs work.

Tampa needs a more polished OT and that's McNeil. HE hasn't allowed a sack in his career yet and had a great season being an Outland Trophy Finalist and his Pro Day was one of the best.

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Who should the Bengals select. They just pick up Sam Adams.

Possibiltes:
    TE Leneord Pope-to give Palmer another good target
    DE-Tambi Hali
    S-Donte Whitner, Ko Simspson, Darnell Bing

IMO i think they should go Donte Whitner who could play any DB positon.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

They did sign Dexter Jackson and they really need a TE so I think Pope would be the best fit for them.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Giants are on the clock.

I think the Giants should go LB assuming they do not pick of Lavar Arrington in free agency. They got run over in the playoffs. I think Ernie Sims would be a great pick here. Ernie Sims has top 12 talent, and is good at everything, a little undersized but Sims can be the next Derrick Brooks.

There is also Gabe Watson. The Giants lost a DT to the cards, and would be a giant run stuffer in the middle.

6. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Though I would of taken Williams at #21.. and Kamerion Wimbley over the most overrated player on message boards Manny Lawson but that's me..</div>
    We obviously have different sources. According to mine it is Wimbley that is overrated. Remains to be seen which is accurate.

7. bakes781

I'm baffled as to why Hali has fallen this far.

8. bakes781

As for the Giants, I know Sims is the likely choice but I'd also give serious consideration for Antonio Cromartie. His stock is on the rise & he could potentially fill 2 needs at CB & WR.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I'd go Sims here for sure. He's too good to pass up at this point and has fewer questions about him than Cromartie.

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

For the Bears i think they need a corner. Azumah just retired and Tillman got scorced by steve smith. I saw Cromartie would be a good corner here, he is a big physical corner which is what Ron Rivera wants

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yeah Cromartie or Jon Joseph make the most sense here with Pope and Holmes off the board.

12. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

I was waiting for this and since pope is gone i vote for Joseph.. we need CB help though i consider a TE a greater need.. There isn't a TE left worthy of the first round so i say get some 1st round talent at CB with Joseph

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Cromartie has more upside. He is a huge boom or bust because of injuries. Cromartie would have been a top 10 corner if he was healthy this year.

14. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was waiting for this and since pope is gone i vote for Joseph.. we need CB help though i consider a TE a greater need.. There isn't a TE left worthy of the first round so i say get some 1st round talent at CB with Joseph</div>
    make the pick

http://www.nfl-forums.com/forums/viewtopic...4864&action=new

15. Bears#1Fan

Ok carolina..

16. Bears#1Fan

i say that carolina drafts an OLB like ryans, Or howard they need it with witherspoon leaving.. so thats my take

17. bakes781

With the loss of Witherspoon the Panthers could be looking at LB. DeMeco Ryans & Thomas Howard top the list of available prospects. TE would be a reach here but at RB Laurence Maroney & LenDale White are still on the board.

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Possibilties:

LenDale White: He is the protype RB for the panthers. His stock is dropping a lot due to lack of workouts, but he has tremndous production. At his pro day he was surrounded by the panthers RB coach. The only problem is the panther drafted Eric Shelton last year who almost the same as Lendale, Shelton is being evalutated by the coaching staff.

Darnell Bing- Panthers have already had a visit with Bing. Shawn Williams, who was signed to a one year deal isnt the future. The panthers could take a chance here.

Thomas Howard- with 4.4 speed this guy is a beast. He is only around 235 and isnt a big force in the running game, but he can be great in coverage.

Demeco Ryans- With 4.7 speed his stock is dropping. He is one of the best form tacklers in this draft, and can tackle about anyone.

Most likley panthers will go with LenDale. They are very high on last years 5th round pick OLB Adam Seward. I think the panthers will trade up in round 2 to snag Howard or Ryans.

I need to research what the panthers think of Shelton, and then i will make my descion.

19. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

OLB is probably the biggest need for Jacksonville. A RB could also be use with this pick because Fred Taylor is 30 years old right now.

My top 3 choices for Jacksonville
    1. Bobby Carpenter OLB
    2. Laurence Maroney, RB
    3. DeMeco Ryans, OLB

20. bakes781

I had Maroney penciled in for the Jags, but I couldn't see Hali slip any further. The Jags suffered some late season injuries at this position & he could be moved to LB if necessary.