Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by panthersare#1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Carpenter was already taken btw

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I say right here the Jets take Eric Winston. They really really need to protect Chad Pennington, and Eric Winston is good in pass protection.

The reason i didnt pick Maroney is because they could pick Addai with their 2nd round pick. Addai is the best all around back in the draft, and would be good to replace martin

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Nick Mangold is the best lineman on the board. Him or a DB make sense here. I'd go for Mangold. Best interior lineman in the draft.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nick Mangold is the best lineman on the board. Him or a DB make sense here. I'd go for Mangold. Best interior lineman in the draft.</div>
    Oh yea i forgot the lost Mawae, but they also lost Fabini, and most of the sacks come from the left side, so they need to sure up their LT spot by picking Winston.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Mangold is more of a sure thing though where as Winston is a bigger risk. Winston in my opinion is 6th rated lineman in this draft behind D'Brick, Winston Justice, McNeil, Mangold, and Spencer.

Cromartie is also on the board as well I think. He might be too good to pass for the Jets. I think there only CB is like Corey Webster.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

If they dont draft Winston here Pennington will be on his back every down. It is easier to replace a C, than a LT.

7. bakes781

I emailed J-E-T-S so hopefully he will be able to make the pick. It would be hard for me to pass on Maroney. With the Colts & Steelers picking just behind them it's highly possible that he & Addai could be gone b4 they pick again(35). After them it's a significant drop off IMO. Jason Allen is another DB that has been climbing up draft boards & should be given consideration along with Cromartie.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>If they dont draft Winston here Pennington will be on his back every down. It is easier to replace a C, than a LT.</div>
    Winston isn't going to come in a dominate this year like a D'Brick or Justice would. Winston is probably going to be a project. Mangold on the other hand would come in and start right now. They can find a veteren LT that will be a better pickup than Winston. Winston had an awful year and looks horrible on film..

Winston would be a good 2nd round pick. Not a good 1st round pick. Mangold is a worth a 1st round pick. My opinon though Cromarite is the BPA right now.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Next for the colts they have to RB.

Its between Addai and Maroney. Addai is faster, and is the best all around back. Maroney has more experience running the ball, and sees the holes better.

10. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

I took Mangold because he can fill in the gap right now, we've got Kendell also on the left side i think. But for the team to be good u need someone to anchor the line and Mangold can probably start getting it done sooner than later.

btw we signed Andre Dyson to be our CB and we still have David Barrett and 2nd year man Justin Miller

11. bakes781

Seattle is on the clock...

Losing Hutchinson to the Vikings essentially in exchange for Burleson has filled one hole only to create another. The top OG is Max Jean-Gilles.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

The top OG in my opinon is Charles Spencer followed by Taitusi Lutui. Spencer is a lot like Hutchinston and is a fast rising player. He could easily go late round 1.

CB or a defensive player here would be nice. I actually think Cromartie is the BPA right now and is too good to pass in my opinion.

I would go Cromartie or Spencer with this pick.

13. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Next for the colts they have to RB.

Its between Addai and Maroney. Addai is faster, and is the best all around back. Maroney has more experience running the ball, and sees the holes better.</div>
    I was going to go w/ Thomas Howard (LB UTEP) to replace Thornnton who signed w/ Tennessee.

However, the Colts lost an Edge. I went w/ Addai simply for the speed factor.

14. royalstarblue

royalstarblue nfl-*****s member

Wouldn't it make just as much sense for the Saints to grab A.J. Hawk OLB from Texas at #2?
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson is going to go early, but the Saints have big need at lb.

15. royalstarblue

Yeah, Seattle will take the og from Georgia...Max Jean Gilles.

16. royalstarblue

cincinnati will take S Ko Simpson out of So. Carol.

17. royalstarblue

NY Giants want Chad Greenway OLB Iowa, but he won't be there when they pick...Giants grab a wide receiver...Sinorice Moss who can run right past a lot of db's.

18. royalstarblue

I think Tampa Bay will trade up and grab wr Chad Jackson.

19. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (royalstarblue)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think Tampa Bay will trade up and grab wr Chad Jackson.</div>
    Rumor has it that Tampa still wants to improve their OL. McNeill or Winston should be available when Tampa drafts. It would not surprise me to see them go with one of these DE/OLB tweeners (Wimberly, Lawson) as an heir for Simeon Rice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (royalstarblue)</div><div class='quotemain'>NY Giants want Chad Greenway OLB Iowa, but he won't be there when they pick...Giants grab a wide receiver...Sinorice Moss who can run right past a lot of db's</div>
    Giants will go LB; Greenway or D'Qwell Jackson.

20. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (royalstarblue)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Seattle will take the og from Georgia...Max Jean Gilles.</div>
    Drafting an OG at this point is too early IMO. The Seahawks drafted a kid out Ole Miss last year who they will probably plug in at LG. If Seattle does draft a OG, it will be Lutui from USC.

I bet Seattle goes Safety to replace Manuel who signed w/ Green Bay. Jason Allen, Darnell Bing, or Donte Whitmer.