Draft Lottery thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by primetime, May 20, 2007.

1. joemagoo362

joemagoo362 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ May 22 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who the F*ck wants to see Oden in Portland? Durant in Seattle? Ugh..</div>People in the upper northwest?

2. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

If Durant goes to Seattle - he's goin to look so freakin sh*tty there. There franchise is dying out. You know what, F*ck you Durant.How do we fall out of the TOP 3 when we had the 2nd best chance? It's pretty obvious it's pointless to tank in a season, beacuse you can still end up getting a sh*tty pick. David Stern can go suck a dick for christ sakes.

3. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Why say "F*ck you Durant"?If he doesn't like it he can opt out at the end of his rookie contract.F*ck the NBA.

4. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Boston fans are using the word, "F*ck" A LOT. [​IMG] Sorry y'all, I know you're pissed and all but it is kinda funny. Its just everyone thought it'd be Boston or Memphis with that No.1 pick, but Portland? Sleeper.

5. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Says the person whose team tanked to get Lebron and doesn't know how it feels to get F*cked. :rolleyes:Sorry if im being a jerk but I don't think people understand how devestating this is after two decades of mediocrity.

6. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

So Sonics pick Durant and they move to Oklahma City. A new beginning.Funny how Stern will get blamed by you guys. People who blame him is just dorky now

7. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AiRuPtHeRe? @ May 22 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If Durant goes to Seattle - he's goin to look so freakin sh*tty there. There franchise is dying out. You know what, F*ck you Durant.</div>With Rashard Lewis becoming a FA and the offense being a high tempo one, Durant will be a great fit. Unfortunately for Durant, the franchise is somewhat dying. Oh well, he'll get his numbers then oppertunity to opt out soon enough.

8. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 22 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Says the person whose team tanked to get Lebron and doesn't know how it feels to get F*cked. :rolleyes:Sorry if im being a jerk but I don't think people understand how devestating this is after two decades of mediocrity.</div>Its the only thing Cleveland has to look forward to. Like you told me before, go look at all you're rings you're team won to make yourself feel better. I know I'd take those championships over a winning record any day.

9. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

I see the rise of the Bulls and Blazers in future finals to come.

10. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ May 22 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With Rashard Lewis becoming a FA and the offense being a high tempo one, Durant will be a great fit. Unfortunately for Durant, the franchise is somewhat dying. Oh well, he'll get his numbers then oppertunity to opt out soon enough.</div>Winning cures everything. If Ray Allen and Durant win games, the market will come back. Back with Payton and Kemp, seattle had a very loud crowd. Just like when the seahawks became good their crowd increased immensely.

11. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ May 22 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Winning cures everything. If Ray Allen and Durant win games, the market will come back. Back with Payton and Kemp, seattle had a very loud crowd. Just like when the seahawks became good their crowd increased immensely.</div>IF they win games....something Rashard and Ray couldn't do. The team has to do a LOT of work building around those 2 players, and by the time the team finally starts to become a contender, Ray will be on the decline.

12. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ May 22 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>IF they win games....something Rashard and Ray couldn't do. The team has to do a LOT of work building around those 2 players, and by the time the team finally starts to become a contender, Ray will be on the decline.</div>IF I were Seattle I would actually trade my pick. It's worth gold right now, and you could basically get any player for it. I dont know if they will actually do that but even if they draft Durant they will be alot better.

13. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ May 22 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't really think Law will be the PG of the future though...there's a lot of nice PG's in next year's draft I hear. Bench depth or else trade them to get closer to salary cap. :no1:</div>That's alright; you can't have Acie. He is too good to be a Sun.

14. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ May 22 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>IF I were Seattle I would actually trade my pick. It's worth gold right now, and you could basically get any player for it. I dont know if they will actually do that but even if they draft Durant they will be alot better.</div>It isn't like he will be a 30PPG scorer right away, and with the likely departure of Lewis they won't be much better next year.

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

This was the worst year in the history of the Celtics franchise. Red and DJ pass away, we win 24 games, we get shafted with injuries, we go on a franchise record 18 game losing streak, we give Doc Rivers an extension, and we get the 5th pick when we had the 2nd best odds. Boston, Memphis, and Milwaukee were all shafted by the basketball gods (or Stern, whichever you choose to believe) for tanking games, and like BCB said - rightfully so, whether we like it as fans or not. This was a flashback of 1997, only worse.

Danny Ainge has to go out and somehow bring in a veteran All-Star type of player this summer, or Paul Pierce will demand a trade by the deadline. We have to trade this pick, but it's tough to determine what exactly we could get. I don't see us keeping this pick and running with it, I just don't. This pick will either be traded or Paul Pierce will, I'm going to bet that the pick will.

For BBW's sake, I waited to post.

16. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Now with all these upset's in the lottery, your going to hear rumblings about changing the lottery from writers and upset fans. It's ridiculous. Leave the lottery alone, it shouldn't be changed becasue a few bad GM's need to fall back on the draft of all things to save their careers.

17. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 23 2007, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This was the worst year in the history of the Celtics franchise. Red and DJ pass away, we win 24 games, we get shafted with injuries, we go on a franchise record 18 game losing streak, we give Doc Rivers an extension, and we get the 5th pick when we had the 2nd best odds. Boston, Memphis, and Milwaukee were all shafted by the basketball gods (or Stern, whichever you choose to believe) for tanking games, and like BCB said - rightfully so, whether we like it as fans or not. This was a flashback of 1997, only worse.Danny Ainge has to go out and somehow bring in a veteran All-Star type of player this summer, or Paul Pierce will demand a trade by the deadline. We have to trade this pick, but it's tough to determine what exactly we could get. I don't see us keeping this pick and running with it, I just don't. This pick will either be traded or Paul Pierce will, I'm going to bet that the pick will.For BBW's sake, I waited to post.</div>Ainge loves Marion, I'm sure something can be worked out.The Suns could use the number 5 and a couple of your role players.

18. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ May 22 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>IF I were Seattle I would actually trade my pick. It's worth gold right now, and you could basically get any player for it. I dont know if they will actually do that but even if they draft Durant they will be alot better.</div>With Lewis being the same type of player as Rashard Lewis, I really believe that the Sonics are going to be just the same next year, as what they were this year with Lewis. They will still need big men that play with some type of consistency. They will still need more defense than they played this year, which I do not believe is going to be fixed by just bringing in Durant. This team will not be alot better with just the drafting of Durant.

19. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ May 27 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With Lewis being the same type of player as Rashard Lewis, I really believe that the Sonics are going to be just the same next year, as what they were this year with Lewis. They will still need big men that play with some type of consistency. They will still need more defense than they played this year, which I do not believe is going to be fixed by just bringing in Durant. This team will not be alot better with just the drafting of Durant.</div>Durant brings an explosive player. Rashard is just a shooter, he lives and dies with the Jumper, Durant brings versatility and the Sonics will be more experienced. Im not going to say they are a playoff team just yet, but I will say that Durant(if not in his rookie season) will be a much better player then Shard ever will be very soon. Durant also brings strong rebounding to a team that desperately needs it. This guy will be explosive for years to come(In my eyes, he has a very good chance to become the greatest player of this draft, and the best drafted player since LJ)

20. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ May 27 2007, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Durant brings an explosive player. Rashard is just a shooter, he lives and dies with the Jumper, Durant brings versatility and the Sonics will be more experienced. Im not going to say they are a playoff team just yet, but I will say that Durant(if not in his rookie season) will be a much better player then Shard ever will be very soon. Durant also brings strong rebounding to a team that desperately needs it. This guy will be explosive for years to come(In my eyes, he has a very good chance to become the greatest player of this draft, and the best drafted player since LJ)</div>Rashard Lewis is more than just a shooter, he is able to attack and get to the rim also. Watching him play this year, he is a multi-dimensional scorer just the same as Durant is. They have the same type of game and basketball dimensions abotu them, both set up their drive off of their three point shot, neither are playmakers or set up their teamates off the dribble, both look to score, both are long and lengthy. They are the exact same player right now. As for rebounding, he is going to find it much harder to rebound at the NBA level than the college level. In college he played the four, so he was left in rebounding position alot more on defense, especially considering he played in that 2-3 zone alot at Texas, so he was closer to the basket alot more often. In the NBA he is going to be playing man to man alot, on the other teams 3, alot farther away from the basket. So he is not going to be the same type rebounder that Durant is in college. His rebounding numbers are going to be in the 7-8 per game range, around the same as Rashard Lewis's. His scoring will be around Lewis's for his first couple of years. The Sonics are going to be in the same boat with Durant for a couple of years, as what they was with Lewis, unless they bring in some other parts to the puzzle.